August 22, 2019, 07:17:47 AM

Author Topic: Centre Backs compared to rivals  (Read 2307 times)

August 10, 2019, 07:16:24 PM
Reply #60

GrantyBoy78

Bit Ronald Koeman from silva that.

Ake aside, there's not many centre halves the enthuse me in the prem, that would be attainable.

Interested to see how O'Connell does for Sheffield United though. He impressed me last season.

Forza overlapping centre halves.
I try to see the best in players but I genuinely think Ake is awful. Good footballer but looks so dodgy, defensively. Obviously, he gets no help from the system he plays in and Howeís teams can defend, but just donít rate him. Short, too.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 12, 2019, 04:10:37 AM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 12, 2019, 04:17:06 AM
Reply #62

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Love a bit of big yerry.

He was boss yesterday, but if Ayew slots then weíre asking questions about what the fuck he was doing there.

Reckon he could be better than Zouma over time. Very good on the ball as well
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 12, 2019, 04:35:12 AM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Love a bit of big yerry.

He was boss yesterday, but if Ayew slots then weíre asking questions about what the fuck he was doing there.

Glad we'll get a chance to see more of him. £30m centre half isn't he, should be starting for us really if we're confident spending that on him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 12, 2019, 04:49:38 AM
Reply #64

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Glad we'll get a chance to see more of him. £30m centre half isn't he, should be starting for us really if we're confident spending that on him.

Assuming he played all of Colombiaís games in the copa thatís his 7th clean sheet in a row.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 12, 2019, 06:41:29 AM
Reply #65

Evertonian in NC

To me, Holgate is a great squad option, in that he's not good enough to agitate for a move (so he can start), but he can certainly do a job when injuries strike.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 12, 2019, 06:44:43 AM
Reply #66

Evertonian in NC

Love a bit of big yerry.

The thing that gnaws at me is how we never saw Big Kurt and Big Yerry much as a pairing.  There's a chance that would be super imposing (they are also very intelligent defenders, in my view).  But then you wonder whether Keane would really accept being the third wheel.

It's ideal to have quality depth, but then there's so much quality and everyone feels they should be in the XI.  Hard to balance, since one tends to be less rotational than with wingers and CMs.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 12, 2019, 01:20:31 PM
Reply #67

Ramjam

Iím more confident in Keane and Mina as our starting two CBs after a solid performance at Palace, Holgate as third choice seems about right as well, I do worry about the absence of depth in midfield now that suspensions and injuries have already reared their ugly heads in the first week and thatís before we get to the goal scoring problems, we have what seems to be a generous run of opening fixtures but if we donít capitalise on them weíre in for another struggle of a season

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 12, 2019, 01:46:29 PM
Reply #68

howard1334

Iím more confident in Keane and Mina as our starting two CBs after a solid performance at Palace, Holgate as third choice seems about right as well, I do worry about the absence of depth in midfield now that suspensions and injuries have already reared their ugly heads in the first week and thatís before we get to the goal scoring problems, we have what seems to be a generous run of opening fixtures but if we donít capitalise on them weíre in for another struggle of a season

Two injuries and a red card, and we still have available two prem-level starters in Davies and Gbamin, the option of pushing Sig back, and Baningime, Callum, and Markelo.  I actually think that is pretty solid coverage.  Of course, we don't want to be forced into a siquation where we need to start unproven 20-year old like Markelo, but it would be pretty reasonable if we had to do so following injuries/red cards to our six other CMs with prem experience. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:57:11 PM by howard1334 »

August 12, 2019, 03:55:47 PM
Reply #69

Ramjam

Howard, I think the Watford grocks would run all over the top of those young fellas.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 12, 2019, 04:59:58 PM
Reply #70

Jamokachi

August 12, 2019, 07:18:50 PM
Reply #71

Ravardo

if we had got zouma in i wonder what it wouldve been like playing 3 at the back defo more than capable

August 12, 2019, 08:52:25 PM
Reply #72

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Them 2 chances in a min I kept saying where the fuck is Coleman..... Yery tried to play a really bad offside tho
Love a bit of big yerry.

He was boss yesterday, but if Ayew slots then we're asking questions about what the fuck he was doing there.

Simply simply lovely