August 21, 2019, 12:49:03 PM

Author Topic: Bernard  (Read 3390 times)

August 10, 2019, 02:34:09 AM
Reply #45

dunkster

I want to see more determination to get into the box and on the end of his often clever play than we did last season.
Watching that vid someone posted of iwobi (which was more a case of showing arsenal goals but my god they look to get in the box . 3 sometimes 4 in there.) That's where my issue is with siggy who likes to hover at the edge of box. It's asking a lot from Bernard to conjure up something on the byline when there's only 1 striker in the box.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 10, 2019, 03:01:10 AM
Reply #46

stirlingblue

I want to see more determination to get into the box and on the end of his often clever play than we did last season.
Watching that vid someone posted of iwobi (which was more a case of showing arsenal goals but my god they look to get in the box . 3 sometimes 4 in there.) That's where my issue is with siggy who likes to hover at the edge of box. It's asking a lot from Bernard to conjure up something on the byline when there's only 1 striker in the box.

With Richarlison playing off the right there should be at least two in there

August 10, 2019, 03:22:02 AM
Reply #47

Stumpy

I'm looking for a little more off Bernard this season,though I really enjoyed watching him last season there was also a fair bit of frustration at his final ball or finishing.He's had 3/4 of a season to get used to the prem so should be up to speed now.It's taken better players than him time to adapt to the pace of the premiership.Look at one of the best Robert Pires at arsenal,he was treading water for the first 6 months before showing what he was all about for the last 10 games.The following season he was footballer of the year.Sure he will be left out of some games for iwobi to play,but I also think siggy will be getting a few breathers this season and Bernard could be his replacement.He will get plenty of games,don't doubt that.

August 10, 2019, 05:53:46 AM
Reply #48

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
This whole play Bernard in the middle thing seems a bit like deja vu from Bilyaletdinov to me.  As far as I'm aware he's only ever played on the left side, and has never been a number 10.  It seems like as soon as we have a player who we know has a bit of creativity and skill the automatic assumption is that they can play as a number 10.

I think he's a great player btw, and was really looking good over the last few months of the season.  Really looking forward to seeing what he can do now that he's settled, fit and had a proper preseason

It will be interesting to see how it pans out between him and Iwobi though.

August 10, 2019, 06:25:18 AM
Reply #49

Ramjam

Every player in the squad will be busting their guts this season as we now have another player chomping at the bit for their shirt. The days of relaxing as your place is guaranteed every week are well and truely over and thatís the way it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 10, 2019, 06:29:23 AM
Reply #50

dunkster

Siggy definitely needs pressure on his position for sure. There are games where you forget he's on the pitch. Iwobi or Bernard should be tried now and then.. IF we are sticking to 4-2-3-1
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 10, 2019, 06:32:40 AM
Reply #51

sam of the south

This whole play Bernard in the middle thing seems a bit like deja vu from Bilyaletdinov to me.  As far as I'm aware he's only ever played on the left side, and has never been a number 10.  It seems like as soon as we have a player who we know has a bit of creativity and skill the automatic assumption is that they can play as a number 10.

I think he's a great player btw, and was really looking good over the last few months of the season.  Really looking forward to seeing what he can do now that he's settled, fit and had a proper preseason

It will be interesting to see how it pans out between him and Iwobi though.

Silva said in pre-season that Bernard and Davies can also play as the 10
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 11, 2019, 12:34:57 PM
Reply #52

Lazarou

Ineffective again yesterday, going to have to step it up to be more productive. I think he is a class footballer so I can't really understand the lack of end product at times.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

August 11, 2019, 01:34:45 PM
Reply #53

kerryblue boy

Ineffective again yesterday, going to have to step it up to be more productive. I think he is a class footballer so I can't really understand the lack of end product at times.
He cut inside the full back yesterday in the first half twelve yards out great chance to shoot and tried a difficult pass to Digne he needs to give us more end product

August 11, 2019, 02:10:43 PM
Reply #54

Thornton_19

He cut inside the full back yesterday in the first half twelve yards out great chance to shoot and tried a difficult pass to Digne he needs to give us more end product
I genuinely dont think that shot was on. If Digne reads the pass he cuts that back for a tap in.

Bernards shot would of been blocked.

August 11, 2019, 02:28:01 PM
Reply #55

Lazarou

I genuinely dont think that shot was on. If Digne reads the pass he cuts that back for a tap in.

It's a pattern though since he got to Everton, doesn't seem to want to ping in the cross, play the through ball or shoot.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

August 11, 2019, 02:44:42 PM
Reply #56

kerryblue boy

I donít agree i think he could have shot aside from that he needs to know when to use his tricks and when to let the ball go twice yesterday he tried too much and the ball ended up out of play

August 11, 2019, 02:49:55 PM
Reply #57

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

I havenít seen any replays but Iím inclined to agree. I recall their box being chokka with bodies (surprise surprise) and the cut back from Digne would probs have been a better move then Bernard whipping it in to be headed away like they were doing all day long.

August 11, 2019, 03:24:23 PM
Reply #58

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was the only player looking like creating something myself.

Wonít be happy if he makes way for iwobi.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 11, 2019, 03:33:26 PM
Reply #59

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was the only player looking like creating something myself.

Wonít be happy if he makes way for iwobi.

Think he was just bad yesterday, nothing quite coming off but yes heís there trying to do something

Issue overall is that iwobi doesnít score loads and neither does he.

If DCL doesnít look like scoring that would leave us with just Richarlison who might score.