July 07, 2020, 08:32:50 PM

Author Topic: [News]Schneiderlin going nowhere  (Read 1661 times)

August 09, 2019, 06:57:44 PM
Read 1661 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Schneiderlin going nowhere

Everton manager Marco Silva says that it would be "impossible" to allow Morgan Schneiderlin to leave the club this summer.

Source: Schneiderlin going nowhere

August 09, 2019, 07:02:32 PM
Reply #1

Dr. Sponge

The lack of CB signing probably scuppered this transfer. If Gbamin covers then Schneiderlin can step in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 26, 2019, 03:04:20 AM
Reply #2

Smithers

Didn't want to start a new thread on this bozo so thought I'd paste it here. Enjoy guys

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50186829

Former Man Utd midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin says he may have 'jumped' ship too quickly

Everton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin says he jumped out of the Manchester United "boat" too quickly.

Schneiderlin played 47 times for United after joining from Southampton for £25m in 2015. He left Old Trafford 18 months later after failing to impress new manager Jose Mourinho, who replaced Louis van Gaal in the summer of 2016.

Schneiderlin says he does not regret joining Everton but on reflection feels he was too hasty in quitting United. "I wanted to do more and I had the capacity to do more," he told BBC Radio 5 Live. "Maybe I jumped out of the boat too quickly when I didn't play for three months. When I look at other players having a great career at Manchester United, they all had a spell of four or five months when they didn't play."

It took Schneiderlin some time to win over the Everton fans, too. Many still feel the 29-year-old's approach to the game is too negative, although manager Marco Silva is a fan given he put Schneiderlin in his starting line-up for six out of nine Premier League games so far.

The France international was banned for one of the other three after picking up a red card at Crystal Palace on 10 August and was ruled out of Saturday's win against West Ham with a hamstring injury. Schneiderlin feels the harsh assessment of his contribution comes from people who do not understand his role.

"That's the perception of people and what they say but I would love to watch a game with them," he said. "If you are in midfield, you are 1-0 down and your team has run after the ball for a minute and I try a long pass and miss it, people might clap because it is an attacking move, but my team-mates might have to for another two minutes to get the ball back. If we are winning 1-0 and I make a short pass that allows the team to breathe, people think it is clever. Some people say I pass square but I don't see it. Look at [Sergio] Busquets at Barcelona. I don't compare myself to him but tell me the passes he does that I don't? Because they win games everyone says he's the cleverest midfielder in football. I don't compare myself to Busquets.

Football is about perception. You can play the same game but it will be analysed differently depending on whether you have won or lost."

October 26, 2019, 03:20:19 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Well I'm sure that will help his image with Everton fans.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 26, 2019, 03:22:25 AM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The Busquets thing is hilarious
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 26, 2019, 03:25:58 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Not said much wrong there tbh.

Been here nearly three years now though and has been shit for the last two and a half. We should have sold him in the summer and making do with him just means we go longer without getting a player that can actually do something significant for us. These sort of players only drag you down.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 26, 2019, 03:32:00 AM
Reply #6

ajax_andy

So to sum it all up - 'I play short passes to the side when we are losing, and the same when we are winning'.  Yeah we knew that already you muppet!

October 26, 2019, 04:03:21 AM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Not the greatest interview for the lad.

Doesn’t seem to have much self awareness.

October 26, 2019, 04:35:37 AM
Reply #8

bigmanbob

Who the fuck came up with the idea he can play CB, he turns like the QE2

October 26, 2019, 04:43:43 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Who the fuck came up with the idea he can play CB, he turns like the QE2
You have to admit though if we had the qe2 in front of our goal we wouldn’t concede much.

The only issue would be  the next half when we switch ends, we wouldn’t be able to drag it down to the other end of the pitch so if we’re going to score, we’d have to do it in the first half. Alternatively we’d constantly be offside.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

October 26, 2019, 03:24:24 PM
Reply #10

Paddockoldie

Surely Marco means because we have limited options in that position, because I'd cry if he actually thought he was too good to let go... Say it's so Marco?!!

October 26, 2019, 03:53:39 PM
Reply #11

eyesalwaysblue

Not a single moment of joy during his tenure...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 26, 2019, 04:31:59 PM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
What he says is fine but he isn't performing in his perceived role

October 26, 2019, 08:22:30 PM
Reply #13

dunkster

What he says is if he tries a long pass upfield it wont get to another everton player and the team will take a few minutes to get the ball back so therefore it's far better to play sideways or backwards and look like a world class midfielder.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

October 26, 2019, 08:31:26 PM
Reply #14

UnsyisaRhino

Bizarre thought process from him. You can see why he never passes forward with that approach.