August 22, 2019, 07:29:39 AM

Author Topic: The Pot of Gold  (Read 2345 times)

August 09, 2019, 10:38:29 PM
Read 2345 times

markB

words that were said a few years ago about are u23,s and u18,s

is the gap to big a jump ?
did the money men take it the wrong way and try to cash in the gold ?
is there to much pressure on the manager to risk playing young players ?
are the days of being able to carry young players still learning the game gone for teams trying to get into the top 6 or staying there ?

August 09, 2019, 10:52:00 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Our young players werenít very good. While everyone else is concentrating on development we are concentrating on winning the u23 league. We built a team of competent footballers with none good enough to play for a successful Everton

August 09, 2019, 11:01:33 PM
Reply #2

SANA_DR0

Good enough to win a world cup tho.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 09, 2019, 11:14:27 PM
Reply #3

BlueNoseMike

the top teams do play youngsters though, if they are good enough they will play. And let's not be forgetful, think we've been up there in each of the past 3 or 4 seasons in terms of most minutes given to under 21 players (Davies, DCL, Kenny, Holgate, Galloway, etc all played significant minutes for us)

Spurs and Liverpool give big minutes to young players, chelsea (albeit due to restrictions) are going to give more prominent roles to likes of abraham, and maybe reece james. Ole has said 17 year old Greenwood will play a lot for united this season.

If we have chaps good enough coming through, they will force there way into the squad and be given opportunities.

Can see your point though. The top teams already are where they want to be so can give some opportunity to potential, wheras we want to get there, and get there fast. I don'tsee anyone in the under 23's that will make it big time with us

August 09, 2019, 11:23:53 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Since they didn't get loans, if like to see the following when possible

Gibson
Adeniran
Gordon
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 09, 2019, 11:26:34 PM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Since they didn't get loans, if like to see the following when possible

Gibson
Adeniran
Gordon
All had decent pre seasons
Simply simply lovely

August 09, 2019, 11:31:27 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

But that's an indicator of nothing. By 23 most decent players are already playing for their country at senior level. All that meant was we had the best group of not quite good enough players!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 09, 2019, 11:41:15 PM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator

You've said similar before but it's a poor example. Winning a U20 World Cup is totally different to making it in the Premier League. In reality most of them will be lucky to make it in the Championship/lower leagues, some probably won't even make it as a professional footballer.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:43:26 PM by Gash »

August 10, 2019, 12:11:04 AM
Reply #8

Dr. Sponge

I think this loan move for Kenny might be the making of him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 10, 2019, 12:21:10 AM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

Our young players weren't very good. While everyone else is concentrating on development we are concentrating on winning the u23 league. We built a team of competent footballers with none good enough to play for a successful Everton
Got slaughtered for saying this after the U23s won the league, but itís true. As our ambitions and the quality of our squad grows, the U23s will become less and less relevant. Only generational talents will be good enough for the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 10, 2019, 12:25:36 AM
Reply #10

GrantyBoy78

I think this loan move for Kenny might be the making of him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
He just hasnít got the physical profile of a modern full back. Could possibly make it as a PL player, but not a top 6 player.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 10, 2019, 12:26:56 AM
Reply #11

gizzblue

But again we see the issue ....hardly anyone aside a few of us wants Gibson near the first team ...and only a few want to give Holgate any time at CB  (I think he deserves a go)....so how are any of the u23's ever gonna make it ....Davies is a part of the squad and a few others are now on loans ....but as fans will we ever let them have a few games .....everyone wants 10 New players every window ....we can't have it all ,especially when there are a few even on here think the season is over because they won't give Holgate or Gibson a chance .
Born not made a blue .

August 10, 2019, 12:41:27 AM
Reply #12

markB

But that's an indicator of nothing. By 23 most decent players are already playing for their country at senior level. All that meant was we had the best group of not quite good enough players!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

was it not the u21 world cup

August 10, 2019, 01:12:33 AM
Reply #13

Omar

I canít stand Neal Young.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

August 10, 2019, 01:30:42 AM
Reply #14

KoemansNumberTens

For France?