August 22, 2019, 07:11:17 AM

Author Topic: The Pot of Gold  (Read 2344 times)

August 10, 2019, 09:51:33 PM
Reply #30

markB

It was more a point of he shouldnít still be at the club and shouldnít have been for a long time. When have we been here before? Youíre a bit of a strange boy mark as I donít even recall speaking to you before

Our 23s are set up to win the u23s league. The right way to do it is to set them up to develop an elite talent or 2. Do you disagree

is he at the club really been sent out on loan after not being able to sell him for the last 2 years so again him being/not being here is not stopping any 18 year old moving up

August 10, 2019, 10:01:28 PM
Reply #31

KoemansNumberTens

is he at the club really been sent out on loan after not being able to sell him for the last 2 years so again him being/not being here is not stopping any 18 year old moving up

Whatever mark. X itís match time. Unfortunately Iím too busy watching DCL stood in all the wrong positions to keep getting involved in our back and forth

August 10, 2019, 10:03:58 PM
Reply #32

SANA_DR0

Whatever mark. X itís match time. Unfortunately Iím too busy watching DCL stood in all the wrong positions to keep getting involved in our back and forth

lol what? he got on the end of 1, could have got the end of 3 others, but defenders got there..
take them dcl blinkers off bud.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 10, 2019, 10:32:04 PM
Reply #33

KoemansNumberTens

lol what? he got on the end of 1, could have got the end of 3 others, but defenders got there..
take them dcl blinkers off bud.

Heís played well?

August 10, 2019, 11:02:25 PM
Reply #34

markB

yeah he has you watching on the radio again

August 10, 2019, 11:25:58 PM
Reply #35

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 13, 2019, 12:45:04 AM
Reply #36

GrantyBoy78

Tyrer, Connolly, Foulds, Baningime, Feeney (c), Gibson, Adineran, Markelo, Evans, Hornby, Gordon. Subs: Astley, Barrett (gk), John, Denny, Mampala.

Tonightís U23s. As said previously, not sure what half that team are going to learn by staying in the U23s, playing kids. Hopefully we get loans/sell a few of these.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 13, 2019, 04:23:13 AM
Reply #37

markB

Tyrer, Connolly, Foulds, Baningime, Feeney (c), Gibson, Adineran, Markelo, Evans, Hornby, Gordon. Subs: Astley, Barrett (gk), John, Denny, Mampala.

Tonightís U23s. As said previously, not sure what half that team are going to learn by staying in the U23s, playing kids. Hopefully we get loans/sell a few of these.

took form the match report

At the start of the second half, Lewis Gibson picked the ball up on the edge of the Blues box and carried it 70 yards before shooting wide

August 13, 2019, 03:13:39 PM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Two 22 year olds and three 21 year olds apparently. 2 of whom are 22 next month.

Another year wasted for the likes of feeney.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 13, 2019, 04:38:20 PM
Reply #39

GrantyBoy78

Two 22 year olds and three 21 year olds apparently. 2 of whom are 22 next month.

Another year wasted for the likes of feeney.
Yeah, itís a joke. I heard rumours last summer that Unsworth was gonna be booted and Brands was going to overhaul the youth set-up.

August 13, 2019, 05:07:33 PM
Reply #40

Hesmenos

Yeah, itís a joke. I heard rumours last summer that Unsworth was gonna be booted and Brands was going to overhaul the youth set-up.

Not sure that this an issue with Unsworth. He's not responsible for recruitment or finding loans for these players. He works with what he's given. If the idea is to find teams for these older players to move to then the best idea is to play them in the U23s so that prospective teams can have a look at them. I also remember last January Unsworth saying that the plan was to find teams for players like Sambou, Feeney, Anthony Evans, Galloway.

August 13, 2019, 06:03:32 PM
Reply #41

KoemansNumberTens

Not sure that this an issue with Unsworth. He's not responsible for recruitment or finding loans for these players. He works with what he's given. If the idea is to find teams for these older players to move to then the best idea is to play them in the U23s so that prospective teams can have a look at them. I also remember last January Unsworth saying that the plan was to find teams for players like Sambou, Feeney, Anthony Evans, Galloway.

Surely unsworth job is to develop players rather than win the reserve league so he should be saying he doesnít want some of the older players in his squad

August 13, 2019, 06:12:40 PM
Reply #42

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe weíve tried and thereís no suitable takers?

The age limit has provided a bit of a no manís land I think.

It provides a bit of a safety net for later developing players, but once youíre at 21 are there too many massive improvements to be made?

But equally itís not going to be just 18 year olds as that would just be the youth team.

August 13, 2019, 06:16:38 PM
Reply #43

Cereal Killer

Can still loan players out to League One clubs until end of the month

August 19, 2019, 02:11:14 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Cuco Martina playing for the U23s.

Harry Charsley (released) playing also.

Hmm.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.