February 24, 2020, 01:48:42 PM

Author Topic: Kean  (Read 75667 times)

February 02, 2020, 08:10:56 PM
Reply #1485

Bluedylan

Great heart from walcott to to get himself in that position.

Kean starts the move off by winning the ball and laying it off for Richarlison.

I知 all about richy in this goal. How many times do we see players get in that position and make the wrong decision. When it mattered he kept his head and played a great ball to kean that had enough weight on it to carry through to walcott.

Elite player.

Credit to everyone involved though.

Yeah it's a great ball. Made it look nonchalant, but it's perfectly timed and weighted.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 02, 2020, 08:54:38 PM
Reply #1486

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Madness if you think that's a pass, la. Not a prayer.

Still the lad did amazingly to win the initial ball, sprint the length of the pitch and draw a man to him so that Walcott was free at the far post, for the ball to fall to him.

Watch the video you big stupid jerk 😉
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

February 02, 2020, 09:12:02 PM
Reply #1487

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Only one way to settle this.....VAR ! nah, let痴 have a poll instead !

February 02, 2020, 09:25:37 PM
Reply #1488

Bluedylan

Watch the video you big stupid jerk 😉

Says the video is unavailable.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 02, 2020, 09:38:14 PM
Reply #1489

Hesmenos

I知 all about richy in this goal. How many times do we see players get in that position and make the wrong decision. When it mattered he kept his head and played a great ball to kean that had enough weight on it to carry through to walcott.

Elite player.

Watching it live I thought that last touch Richarlison took before the pass was a mistake as it seemed to take him away from the goal, but watching it on the reply it was the perfect choice as it opened up extra space for Kean and also shows he had a great awareness of where everyone was. Absolutley top drawer play from Richy.

February 02, 2020, 09:43:47 PM
Reply #1490

sam of the south

I prefer to think that we're vaguely grounded in reality, so we actually appreciate real joy when it comes along. The other lot are largely delusional and have no critical faculties.

Yeah, I was hamming it up, my brother.

I知 still too high on the real joy after that to critique anything about us, really, particularly after the sheer gut punches of Newcastle and The Shite.

I won稚 be coming down for a few more days I wouldn稚 have thought, but after that I値l be back to wading in the murky little details of all of our players and hierarchy again.
的 went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

February 02, 2020, 10:17:47 PM
Reply #1491

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Says the video is unavailable.

Does it say unavailable in your country by chance? It was the NBCSN (our EPL provider over here) feed of the entire play. I've seen that happen to me when they post videos from elsewhere.

February 02, 2020, 10:34:32 PM
Reply #1492

Evertonian in NC

Does it say unavailable in your country by chance? It was the NBCSN (our EPL provider over here) feed of the entire play. I've seen that happen to me when they post videos from elsewhere.

yeah, footy videos the Brits can see usually don't work for us (EFC official is the exception), same with ours for them.

To Sam's point, I am floating on air today.  With the added emphasis of Steve Atwater's Hall of Fame election.  Even unruly Raiders hooligans can surely appreciate The Smiling Assassin!  :D
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

February 02, 2020, 10:36:34 PM
Reply #1493

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry for the Echo link, I know you guys hate them lol.

But I didn't catch this at all and upon reading what happened post-final whistle, it warms the cockles of my heart it does.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/moise-keans-raw-emotion-mason-17675245

February 02, 2020, 10:40:41 PM
Reply #1494

Evertonian in NC

Sorry for the Echo link, I know you guys hate them lol.

But I didn't catch this at all and upon reading what happened post-final whistle, it warms the cockles of my heart it does.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/moise-keans-raw-emotion-mason-17675245

I braved the Laptop AIDS.  Best part for me is seeing DCL so happy for young Moise.  Think how many strikers would view a guy like Moise as "the competition" and give them the cold shoulder.

Aside from Delph, we have a lot of really good dudes in the team, it seems.  Like was noted yesterday, Don Carlo's first great trick is getting them to fight for one another.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

February 02, 2020, 10:59:25 PM
Reply #1495

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I braved the Laptop AIDS.  Best part for me is seeing DCL so happy for young Moise.  Think how many strikers would view a guy like Moise as "the competition" and give them the cold shoulder.

Aside from Delph, we have a lot of really good dudes in the team, it seems.  Like was noted yesterday, Don Carlo's first great trick is getting them to fight for one another.

It's so early days but it's a joy to see his teambuilding approach start to take root.

February 03, 2020, 04:06:33 AM
Reply #1496

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Elite player.

richarlisons decision making and final ball has gone up a level this year.

He sort of played like a bit of a brainless goal maschine under silva, but he's starting to look like a top top attacking talent who has more than just a nose for goal in the box.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.