August 21, 2019, 11:36:00 AM

Author Topic: Kean  (Read 7581 times)

August 11, 2019, 09:28:54 PM
Reply #15

Heisenberg

At what age do you stop being a hot prospect because you've got to imagine DCL is either past it or very close to being labelled an average player.

Calvert Lewis is 22. A striker often peaks at around 28. He has one full season under his belt. Is he ready to be a prem starter? No. Is it his fault that he is a prem starter? No. Itís whoever didnít replace Lukaku.

August 11, 2019, 09:29:35 PM
Reply #16

Evertonian in NC

Iíd like to see us go 2 up top to help him work his way into the team, DCL to do the grunt work to make space for Kean

4-4-2 is how you get away from Siggy for awhile, too.  Use him more as an impact sub.  We need DCL's donkey work and Kean's obvious flair and class.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 11, 2019, 09:32:04 PM
Reply #17

Evertonian in NC

Statements like there is little evidence heís good at football are a bit silly. Heís obviously good at football or he wouldnít be playing it professionally. Slightly different to not being a very good Premier League player

Also, having a flaw is not the same thing as being shit.  DCL has a flaw, but he's still a very useful player.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 11, 2019, 10:26:58 PM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

Statements like there is little evidence heís good at football are a bit silly. Heís obviously good at football or he wouldnít be playing it professionally. Slightly different to not being a very good Premier League player

I donít mean good compared to us. We might as well close the forum if we are comparing them to us cos they are all brilliant. I mean good compared to other premier league footballers or even good compared to other strikers playing for the top 10 teams. In the case of the last 1 thereís plenty of evidence heís not good compared to what the top half of the league have

Itís quite damming that we have a forward who doesnít really know what position heís meant to be stood in or the runs heís meant to be making.

August 11, 2019, 10:29:45 PM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

Also, having a flaw is not the same thing as being shit.  DCL has a flaw, but he's still a very useful player.

His flaw being he doesnít really know how to play his position. Letís get Stephen hawking in. He only has 2 flaws. Legs donít work and is dead. Some flaws are a bigger problem than others. Not being good in the air is a flaw. Not understanding your position is a real issue

August 11, 2019, 10:37:14 PM
Reply #20

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I donít mean good compared to us. We might as well close the forum if we are comparing them to us cos they are all brilliant. I mean good compared to other premier league footballers or even good compared to other strikers playing for the top 10 teams. In the case of the last 1 thereís plenty of evidence heís not good compared to what the top half of the league have

Itís quite damming that we have a forward who doesnít really know what position heís meant to be stood in or the runs heís meant to be making.

And I wasnít saying that either. Heís a decent footballer, probably not PL standard, but heíd do a job for a Championship team I reckon. Which is a lot different to saying heís not very good at football
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 11, 2019, 10:42:01 PM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

And I wasnít saying that either. Heís a decent footballer, probably not PL standard, but heíd do a job for a Championship team I reckon. Which is a lot different to saying heís not very good at football

Well we are pretty much in agreement then if not using the same language. I think heís an decent if unspectacular championship player. Which in real terms is 1 hell of an achievement. Just well short of what we need.

August 12, 2019, 09:01:04 AM
Reply #22

eyesalwaysblue

Needs a system tweak or 2 to help the lad more,  the managers shout....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 12, 2019, 11:11:52 AM
Reply #23

boothill

Bullying the disabled now?  Ffs lid
His flaw being he doesn't really know how to play his position. Let's get Stephen hawking in. He only has 2 flaws. Legs don't work and is dead. Some flaws are a bigger problem than others. Not being good in the air is a flaw. Not understanding your position is a real issue

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 12, 2019, 12:33:20 PM
Reply #24

Toddacelli

There is a huge Kean thread already :)

Sorry - didn't see it on my first page so thought if it was relevant we could merge or if it was all transfer talk it might be good to have one now he's playing for us.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 12, 2019, 02:39:22 PM
Reply #25

Dr. Sponge

There is a huge Kean thread already :)
Both somehow have 95% DCL content.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 12, 2019, 02:51:37 PM
Reply #26

Tinga

Both somehow have 95% DCL content.

Makes sense though, both are going for the same position. I hope Kean starts versus Watford, he'll bag a few versus that defense.

August 12, 2019, 04:11:01 PM
Reply #27

Mayor Farnum

Bullying the disabled now?  Ffs lid
Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Genuine question. What does lid mean when used as an insult?

August 12, 2019, 04:23:57 PM
Reply #28

Dr. Sponge

Genuine question. What does lid mean when used as an insult?
Lid isnt an insult, just an evolved dialect of "lad" for some scousers, similar to what "la" is, which seems to be for the older generation.

Lid is a young man's la.

August 12, 2019, 04:31:41 PM
Reply #29

Waltzer

4-4-2 is how you get away from Siggy for awhile, too.  Use him more as an impact sub.  We need DCL's donkey work and Kean's obvious flair and class.

So take out our most creative and probably biggest goal threat for someone whose good at donkey work!!?