August 11, 2020, 01:52:37 AM

Author Topic: Kean and Florence Nightingale and the army and shit  (Read 107544 times)

July 27, 2020, 05:03:36 PM
Reply #1620

ajax_andy

Missed the first half so unfortunately missed him playing the majority of his time on the pitch, good to hear he played well though and got a goal!

July 27, 2020, 06:32:52 PM
Reply #1621

MmmblueBernard

Saw some burning embers. May be life in the old dog just yet.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 27, 2020, 06:52:35 PM
Reply #1622

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
When he first came I though his backing into defenders etc looked more promising than DCLs

Obviously that drained away with his confidence too.

Absolutely donít want to lose him.

July 27, 2020, 06:53:56 PM
Reply #1623

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
When he first came I though his backing into defenders etc looked more promising than DCLs

this

July 27, 2020, 06:59:11 PM
Reply #1624

ajax_andy

One of my biggest concerns with him has been if he can hold it up and contribute to the team.  Whenever he's come on as sub he's seemed to just run in to blind alleys or taken random pot shots due to probably trying too hard to make an impact.

If he can contribute to the overall team by holding it up and bringing others in to play it's an encouraging sign that all's not lost with him

July 27, 2020, 07:04:55 PM
Reply #1625

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

If the ball is catching iccles at 40 thousand feet like usual then there's nobody in the prem I'd rather have under it than Dom. Not that he can't improve his flick ons and traps of course which despite being very good are still sometimes peaky.

Kean seems to be able to back in arse out which you don't tend to see Dom do much.

Rich looks like his is coming on a bit? Seemed to be part of our build up yesterday with digne going into Rich's feet, who aimed to roll his man or play Kean.

Anyway, Kean was quite exciting I thought in general. Do feel like he's a little bit vibey as a player tho. Slowed down to let his man match him so he could meg him at one point. Also that mad spin in the box where he megged someone as well... outrageous when it works but very YouTube comp vibes.

Wet my appetite for seeing him next year I've got to say.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2020, 07:54:21 PM
Reply #1626

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Hit a lovely little dink with some backspin over the top that was delicious. He got game.

July 27, 2020, 08:04:17 PM
Reply #1627

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
One of my biggest concerns with him has been if he can hold it up and contribute to the team.  Whenever he's come on as sub he's seemed to just run in to blind alleys or taken random pot shots due to probably trying too hard to make an impact.

If he can contribute to the overall team by holding it up and bringing others in to play it's an encouraging sign that all's not lost with him

As you said, you didn't see the first half. Our best player on the pitch by a country mile.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 27, 2020, 08:15:18 PM
Reply #1628

velimski

I've seen enough glimpses of quality in the little game time he's actually had to know he's worth keeping.

July 27, 2020, 08:47:55 PM
Reply #1629

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
If you REALLY want to know how sad our offense was this year, Kean has the 3rd-best goal scoring rate on the team at 1 goal per ~390 minutes (DCL/Richy obviously being #1/2). lol
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 27, 2020, 10:42:11 PM
Reply #1630

Gary1878

Most of the spots in the team are up for grabs as far as I am concerned, and it is up to each player to earn their place.

90% of the players in the squad are far too inconsistent, and they all need to challenge themselves each and every time they kick a ball, whether on the training ground or in a match. Sometimes the effort is there, but not the quality, or vice versa. On very bad days, we get little effort and little quality, which is completely unacceptable. Very rarely do both come together, and that is the challenge.

The exceptions to this at the moment are Digne, Richarlison and Keane. They might occasionally have some off days, but always put in the effort, and are improving all the time. Pickford was in this camp, but the jury is now out on him after his disastrous few weeks recently.

July 27, 2020, 11:07:47 PM
Reply #1631

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Most of the spots in the team are up for grabs as far as I am concerned, and it is up to each player to earn their place.

90% of the players in the squad are far too inconsistent, and they all need to challenge themselves each and every time they kick a ball, whether on the training ground or in a match. Sometimes the effort is there, but not the quality, or vice versa. On very bad days, we get little effort and little quality, which is completely unacceptable. Very rarely do both come together, and that is the challenge.

The exceptions to this at the moment are Digne, Richarlison and Keane. They might occasionally have some off days, but always put in the effort, and are improving all the time. Pickford was in this camp, but the jury is now out on him after his disastrous few weeks recently.

Did you really include Keane in that exclusive club? Michael Keane?
Playing FM20 24/7.

August 10, 2020, 12:25:06 AM
Reply #1632

mikey_blue

https://twitter.com/afcboli/status/1292498974440660992?s=20

I think this is meant to be the kean thread lol.

either way, if it's real then that was a sound punch.

people saying it's not him now. hope so! was literally posting workout videos a couple of hours ago  lolol
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 12:27:44 AM by mikey_blue »

August 10, 2020, 12:34:00 AM
Reply #1633

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/afcboli/status/1292498974440660992?s=20

I think this is meant to be the kean thread lol.

either way, if it's real then that was a sound punch.

people saying it's not him now. hope so! was literally posting workout videos a couple of hours ago  lolol

There's less than a 0% chance that was him, but it's good to confirm there's a sizable number of people who're racist. ::)

edit: but that was a killer jab, no doubt. I've seen much worse in UFC fights, lol.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 12:40:26 AM by YankeeBlue214 »
Playing FM20 24/7.

August 10, 2020, 12:39:24 AM
Reply #1634

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown