August 21, 2019, 12:24:40 PM

Author Topic: Kean  (Read 7584 times)

August 12, 2019, 04:39:08 PM
Reply #30

kerryblue boy

Canít believe our fans looking to remove our most creative player from last season and our second top scorer who is going to create the chances for these two strikers are we just going to go long ball to dcl crazy stuff

August 12, 2019, 04:39:16 PM
Reply #31

GrantyBoy78

So take out our most creative and probably biggest goal threat for someone whose good at donkey work!!?
I still think only Richy and Siggy will get into double figures this year.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 12, 2019, 04:43:49 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Digne was our most creative player last year
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 12, 2019, 04:51:43 PM
Reply #33

Waltzer

I still think only Richy and Siggy will get into double figures this year.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Not if EiNC has their way, Sig would be lucky to get double figures in terms of games!!!

August 12, 2019, 04:53:24 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I canít believe people think Sigurdsson is our most creative player.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 12, 2019, 05:01:22 PM
Reply #35

BlueNoseMike

I canít believe people think Sigurdsson is our most creative player.

He isn't but he is the one with most end product. At some point we need to replace with a number 10 who gets on the ball more (significantly behind likes of Kdb silva eriksen etc etc in terms of number of touches and passes).

Or actually bin off the idea of having a number 10. Most of the top teams have moved away from that tbh

Still in the short term it would be crazy not to play him. Nobody else from midfield is troubling the scorers and our front 3 osnt as prolific as other teams front 3s that do not have goals from midfield

August 12, 2019, 05:26:15 PM
Reply #36

kerryblue boy

I can't believe people think Sigurdsson is our most creative player.
I understand your point of view but he was directly involved in about 23 goals last season like I said in a previous thread Bernard has no end product take Sigurdsson out of the team we play two up top who creates the chances who is the creative mid player iwobi might be the answer for now sig stays for me

August 12, 2019, 05:54:28 PM
Reply #37

sam of the south

Our front 3 might become more productive if our main attacking gameplan wasnít built around getting it to Digne to cross it in for DCL and Sigurdsson
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 12, 2019, 05:59:05 PM
Reply #38

dazfrancis

I understand your point of view but he was directly involved in about 23 goals last season like I said in a previous thread Bernard has no end product take Sigurdsson out of the team we play two up top who creates the chances who is the creative mid player iwobi might be the answer for now sig stays for me

At some point we are going to have to take a risk against teams that park the bus because he clearly ends up being anonymous for whole games. So the question is whether removing his obvious goal threat and replacing him with more of a link up man like Davies or Iwobi or Bernard allows us to create more chances for other players and whether that results in more goals

August 12, 2019, 06:06:21 PM
Reply #39

dazfrancis

OR, as batshit crazy as it sounds. Silva could insist Sigurdsson plays 10 yards deeper and gets involved in the build up play a bit more.

We know he CAN do it, but for whatever reason he's played mostly like a striker since Silva has been manager

August 12, 2019, 06:10:26 PM
Reply #40

kerryblue boy

At some point we are going to have to take a risk against teams that park the bus because he clearly ends up being anonymous for whole games. So the question is whether removing his obvious goal threat and replacing him with more of a link up man like Davies or Iwobi or Bernard allows us to create more chances for other players and whether that results in more goals
Replacing him with Davies would be a disaster he offers nothing except running around a lot and passing the ball sideways some people just want that from Everton players I expect a bit more

August 12, 2019, 06:10:58 PM
Reply #41

SANA_DR0

OR, as batshit crazy as it sounds. Silva could insist Sigurdsson plays 10 yards deeper and gets involved in the build up play a bit more.

We know he CAN do it, but for whatever reason he's played mostly like a striker since Silva has been manager

don't think he has the engine or pace to catch up from a deeper role if we are on a fast break.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 12, 2019, 06:12:04 PM
Reply #42

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Heís never been a play dictator though.

Ball hoggers naturally drift to the ball if theyíre not getting enough of it.

Think heís pushed so far up to maximise his skill set. Which, even with a poor performance on sat, would normally have still got him one or two goals.

August 12, 2019, 06:12:11 PM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We had 60 odd % possession, attempted 500 passes and our number ten made one more pass than andros townsend.

He's a ghost, a myth, a spectre. Not interested unless he is unmarked on the edge of the box. Drop him for Phil neville and the team would benefit from improved shape.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 12, 2019, 06:29:43 PM
Reply #44

dazfrancis

Replacing him with Davies would be a disaster he offers nothing except running around a lot and passing the ball sideways some people just want that from Everton players I expect a bit more

So exactly what would you do to resolve our creativity problem?