August 21, 2019, 12:30:57 PM

Author Topic: Kean  (Read 7585 times)

August 12, 2019, 06:52:26 PM
Reply #45

sam of the south

Replacing him with Davies would be a disaster he offers nothing except running around a lot and passing the ball sideways some people just want that from Everton players I expect a bit more

Davies passes forward a lot, actually, thatís why he has the reputation of losing possession.

Heís the only midfielder that we have who actually takes risks.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 12, 2019, 07:02:49 PM
Reply #46

Dr. Sponge

Hard to tell if Sigurdson's lack of involvement should lay at Sigurdson's door or Silva's.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 12, 2019, 07:05:04 PM
Reply #47

Waltzer

Davies passes forward a lot, actually, thatís why he has the reputation of losing possession.

Heís the only midfielder that we have who actually takes risks.

I find Davies the hardest to judge out of all of our young players, one minute hes not in the squad, next hes captain, then hes dropped hes a bit all over the place. He seems to offer something but Im not sure if he has enough?

August 12, 2019, 08:33:57 PM
Reply #48

Evertonian in NC

What I endeavour to say is that we need different attacking options and formations.  We shouldn't eschew trying something new because it doesn't fit Sigurdsson.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 12, 2019, 08:48:32 PM
Reply #49

Waltzer

What I endeavour to say is that we need different attacking options and formations.  We shouldn't eschew trying something new because it doesn't fit Sigurdsson.

Im not sure, id potentially argue against that. He was our leading goalscorer and arguable most creative, yet everyone seems to say he didnt perform great. If we built that better suits him them surely we'll get a greater return?

I get what your saying in principle, but its not like we're blessed with lots of talent and goals, so we need to optimise what we have, although you could argue others would have more opportunity to step up if he wasnt there, im not sure?

August 12, 2019, 08:53:48 PM
Reply #50

dazfrancis

Im not sure, id potentially argue against that. He was our leading goalscorer and arguable most creative, yet everyone seems to say he didnt perform great. If we built that better suits him them surely we'll get a greater return?

I get what your saying in principle, but its not like we're blessed with lots of talent and goals, so we need to optimise what we have, although you could argue others would have more opportunity to step up if he wasnt there, im not sure?

What should we do if we're gonna keep Sig in the team then?

August 12, 2019, 09:02:49 PM
Reply #51

Waltzer

What should we do if we're gonna keep Sig in the team then?

Ask Marco, hes the one on 3+million per year, ill only answer when I reach that salary!! :)

August 12, 2019, 09:12:05 PM
Reply #52

dazfrancis

Ask Marco, hes the one on 3+million per year, ill only answer when I reach that salary!! :)

I keep hearing you can't drop sig, but I haven't heard how we can tweak the tactics to accommodate sig and be more creative

August 12, 2019, 09:38:22 PM
Reply #53

Evertonian in NC

I think some matches (either to start or as a strategic option for late in the game), having a 4-4-2 formation makes sense.  Sigurdsson would need to either (i) come off the pitch; (ii) move to a LW or DM role (I am pretty sure this works best with Iwobi and Richarlison on the wing, but maybe not every time); or (iii) possibly as one of the "2" if you want to see how he operates playing off Kean.

But the point of a "no Siggy" formation is that you'd use DCL playing off Kean to open up space for Kean and Richarlison (and to a lesser extent, Iwobi) to create goal scoring opportunities.

Let's say Siggy doesn't fit this at all (may or may not be true) - I still think you only run this 20-25% of the time.  It's not like he gathers cobwebs.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 12, 2019, 11:06:34 PM
Reply #54

kerryblue boy

So exactly what would you do to resolve our creativity problem?
I would play iwobi on the left sig in the middle Richarlison on the right Kean upfront

August 12, 2019, 11:08:43 PM
Reply #55

kerryblue boy

I keep hearing you can't drop sig, but I haven't heard how we can tweak the tactics to accommodate sig and be more creative
Mate on another day he scores two goals should have buried the first chance and the one cleared off the line itís the first game of the season letís give players a chance

August 12, 2019, 11:17:33 PM
Reply #56

dazfrancis

Mate on another day he scores two goals should have buried the first chance and the one cleared off the line itís the first game of the season letís give players a chance

If starting every game for the last year in your supposed favourite position isn't giving players a chance I don't know what is.

August 12, 2019, 11:23:22 PM
Reply #57

boothill

I dont think it is an insult MF.  Its a new term around here for lad,  i think so anyway
Genuine question. What does lid mean when used as an insult?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 12, 2019, 11:24:30 PM
Reply #58

kerryblue boy

If starting every game for the last year in your supposed favourite position isn't giving players a chance I don't know what is.
Ok we can agree to disagree I see similarities between sig and yakubu back in the moyes years our fans loved Andy Johnson because he chased around a lot but only scored ten or twelve goals the yak was called fat and lazy but guaranteed you twenty I think sig will better his figures from last year this season but some of our fans still will moan

August 12, 2019, 11:50:44 PM
Reply #59

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Ok we can agree to disagree I see similarities between sig and yakubu back in the moyes years our fans loved Andy Johnson because he chased around a lot but only scored ten or twelve goals the yak was called fat and lazy but guaranteed you twenty I think sig will better his figures from last year this season but some of our fans still will moan

He might score a couple more but we wouldnít finish any higher up the table imo. Heís got that screamer seduction that makes you forget he does hardly anything else.