August 21, 2019, 11:50:32 AM

Author Topic: Kean  (Read 7582 times)

August 13, 2019, 12:44:49 AM
Reply #60

kerryblue boy

He might score a couple more but we wouldn't finish any higher up the table imo. He's got that screamer seduction that makes you forget he does hardly anything else.
So whats the alternative?

August 13, 2019, 12:51:10 AM
Reply #61

dazfrancis

That's the 3m pound question.

I think he will start giving Iwobi a go on the left to see if he is able to create more than Bernard if things don't improve.

If that doesn't work he will probably need to change who plays 10 to see if that allows us to create more

August 13, 2019, 12:53:27 AM
Reply #62

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Well Im no coach like. Not massively difficult to spot the trend though, however those screamers are indeed seductive.

Id say a change of system to get the best out of the other 9 lads than a system that tries to make the most out of the number 10.

A lot before my time but wasnt something similar happening with Lineker back in the day. Sacrificed the output of the other lads for the sake of a super scorer?

August 13, 2019, 12:55:13 AM
Reply #63

Sixx1402

Lid isnt an insult, just an evolved dialect of "lad" for some scousers, similar to what "la" is, which seems to be for the older generation.

Lid is a young man's la.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Good to see you're both ON TOP of that then

:snigger:
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 13, 2019, 01:11:17 AM
Reply #64

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well I’m no coach like. Not massively difficult to spot the trend though, however those screamers are indeed seductive.

I’d say a change of system to get the best out of the other 9 lads than a system that tries to make the most out of the number 10.

A lot before my time but wasn’t something similar happening with Lineker back in the day. Sacrificed the output of the other lads for the sake of a super scorer?

Kevin Sheedy confirmed as much when I went to a night with him a few months back.

Said a lot of lads had no time for Lineker as he disrupted the whole harmony of the team.

He got 40 goals, but we won nothing. He left and Sheedy said he and Steven had their best ever season and we won the league again.

Too simplistic to say we lose 13 goals if we drop Sigurdsson. We'd create more chances, thus giving us more chances to score.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 13, 2019, 01:21:52 AM
Reply #65

Dr. Sponge

Kevin Sheedy confirmed as much when I went to a night with him a few months back.

Said a lot of lads had no time for Lineker as he disrupted the whole harmony of the team.

He got 40 goals, but we won nothing. He left and Sheedy said he and Steven had their best ever season and we won the league again.

Too simplistic to say we lose 13 goals if we drop Sigurdsson. We'd create more chances, thus giving us more chances to score.
But... we only have Richarlison who knows where the goal is on the regular. The 80's teams were up there with the best in europe.

August 13, 2019, 01:29:21 AM
Reply #66

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
But... we only have Richarlison who knows where the goal is on the regular. The 80's teams were up there with the best in europe.

But having Sigurdsson in the team isn't working and hasn't worked since he arrived.

Say you drop him for Iwobi. The way we progress the ball, and use the ball in the final third improves dramatically. Think I saw somebody say Iwobi would bring, on average forty more touches of the ball than Sigurdsson. That's huge.

From there we create more chances, DCL, Kean, Richarlison, Walcott has goal in it, and in Bernard and Iwobi you have two players looking to get on the ball constantly and probe in the final third. All Sigurdsson looks to do is pick up any free ball and get a shot off, it's all he does.

August 13, 2019, 01:40:51 AM
Reply #67

sam of the south

I dont think it is an insult MF.  Its a new term around here for lad,  i think so anyway
Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

You dont think its an insult, and yet you call him a MF... I like it
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 13, 2019, 01:44:15 AM
Reply #68

sam of the south

But having Sigurdsson in the team isn't working and hasn't worked since he arrived.

Say you drop him for Iwobi. The way we progress the ball, and use the ball in the final third improves dramatically. Think I saw somebody say Iwobi would bring, on average forty more touches of the ball than Sigurdsson. That's huge.

From there we create more chances, DCL, Kean, Richarlison, Walcott has goal in it, and in Bernard and Iwobi you have two players looking to get on the ball constantly and probe in the final third. All Sigurdsson looks to do is pick up any free ball and get a shot off, it's all he does.

Woah, 40 touches more per game?

August 13, 2019, 01:45:22 AM
Reply #69

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Woah, 40 touches more per game?

May well have misread that. Sounds a bit mad, doesn't it, but Sigurdsson really doesn't touch the ball at all so it could be right

August 13, 2019, 01:47:33 AM
Reply #70

sam of the south

May well have misread that. Sounds a bit mad, doesn't it, but Sigurdsson really doesn't touch the ball at all so it could be right

It does sound mental, but as you say, Sigurdsson only seems to touch it around 10 times a game (3 errant shots, 2 screamers, 3 hospital balls, and 2 world-class through balls)

August 13, 2019, 02:06:42 AM
Reply #71

KoemansNumberTens

If Walsh and koeman were wrong to sign sigurdsson is silva equally wrong to be playing him? Hes had plenty of opportunities to see the problems he brings  and still he always plays

August 13, 2019, 02:07:09 AM
Reply #72

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Could those stats have anything to do with Arsenal playing more of a possession based game than us possibly?

And therefore Iwobi receiving the ball more than Gylfi

Sigurdsson usually proves his value with goals and assists, he would usually have put away that sitter he missed early doors

Does seem very rare that you watch him and think that he's had a particularly good game though

He usually makes up for any shortcomings by scoring great goals and also scoring decent amounts of goals

Be interesting to see how we get on if we drop Sig and bring in Iwobi on the left and move Bernard central
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 13, 2019, 02:21:58 AM
Reply #73

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If Walsh and koeman were wrong to sign sigurdsson is silva equally wrong to be playing him? Hes had plenty of opportunities to see the problems he brings  and still he always plays

Well its not as polarised as some of the language used to describe his issues.

And those issues are just with the ball, off the ball he works very hard and seems to often organise others re pressing etc.

Re Koeman and Walsh, the issue was that wed already signed Rooney and Klassen, not Sigurdsson per se

August 13, 2019, 02:27:03 AM
Reply #74

KoemansNumberTens

Well its not as polarised as some of the language used to describe his issues.

And those issues are just with the ball, off the ball he works very hard and seems to often organise others re pressing etc.

Re Koeman and Walsh, the issue was that wed already signed Rooney and Klassen, not Sigurdsson per se

I think the others for the same position was obviously much of the problem but we really shouldnt have bothered with any of the 3