August 22, 2019, 07:30:11 AM

Author Topic: Kean  (Read 7660 times)

August 13, 2019, 02:40:09 AM
Reply #75

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would be up for taking this to a Sigurdsson thread if the mods want to do some jiggery pokery, but.. We wouldn't be guaranteed to create more, and we certainly wouldn't be guaranteed to score more/less, it would just allow us to have a bit more control over the game and be a bit more flexible.

So frustrating because he really is technically superb, the moments he can provide are top top class, and that he does it with such few touches on the ball - think that's part of The Sig's thing (chances created per pass played) he IS really really efficient with the touches he takes and the amount he gets on the ball... he just happens to need quite specific situations in order to do what he does.

Nobody is forcing him to take so few touches. It works in a counter attack side where he can lay it off and then arrive late in the box, or whip in a delivery for a big man, but what we need in this side is someone the play goes through in the middle. Making stuff happen and unlocking defences with quality and volume.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 13, 2019, 02:49:15 AM
Reply #76

Cods

OR, as batshit crazy as it sounds. Silva could insist Sigurdsson plays 10 yards deeper and gets involved in the build up play a bit more.

We know he CAN do it, but for whatever reason he's played mostly like a striker since Silva has been manager
I think he plays more advanced because it’s only Richarlison and him that can finish. That may change with Kean up top.

August 13, 2019, 02:51:52 AM
Reply #77

Nicco

Kevin Sheedy confirmed as much when I went to a night with him a few months back.

Said a lot of lads had no time for Lineker as he disrupted the whole harmony of the team.

He got 40 goals, but we won nothing. He left and Sheedy said he and Steven had their best ever season and we won the league again.

Too simplistic to say we lose 13 goals if we drop Sigurdsson. We'd create more chances, thus giving us more chances to score.
From what I understand, if we drop Sigurdsson, we are allowed to replace him with another player. Right?

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

August 13, 2019, 08:19:40 AM
Reply #78

SteB

Its quite good this interview, I reckon he might have a little bit of the Richarlisons about him, tough, determined and grateful to be where he is, a good mix in a footballer that...

August 13, 2019, 12:15:03 PM
Reply #79

Toddacelli

He might score a couple more but we wouldn’t finish any higher up the table imo. He’s got that screamer seduction that makes you forget he does hardly anything else.

"That screamer seduction"

Love it! 😁

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 13, 2019, 05:01:10 PM
Reply #80

GrantyBoy78

We scored 54 games in the PL last year. If we’re to do anything this season I think we need to score 65 - 70...really not sure where those goals are going to come from.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 13, 2019, 10:05:43 PM
Reply #81

stirlingblue

I’d like to see us start in a 4-3-3 with:

Kean -DCL - Richarlison

Gbamin - Sig/Iwobi - Gomes

With DCL doing the grunt work freeing up Kean/Richarlison to work as inside forwards and Sig/Iwobi as the most offensive of the three. All the width to come from Coleman/Digne.

Basically copying what Liverpool do with Richarlison/Kean replacing Mane and Salah.

August 14, 2019, 01:39:58 AM
Reply #82

Dr. Sponge

I'd like to see us start in a 4-3-3 with:

Kean -DCL - Richarlison

Gbamin - Sig/Iwobi - Gomes

With DCL doing the grunt work freeing up Kean/Richarlison to work as inside forwards and Sig/Iwobi as the most offensive of the three. All the width to come from Coleman/Digne.

Basically copying what Liverpool do with Richarlison/Kean replacing Mane and Salah.
I'm diggin this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 18, 2019, 12:00:28 AM
Reply #83

Toddacelli

God help me when @Bally sees this - I'll probably be banned - but our Moise doesn't half remind me of Mickey Pearce from Only Fools And Horses!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 18, 2019, 12:16:05 AM
Reply #84

sam of the south

God help me when @Bally sees this - I'll probably be banned - but our Moise doesn't half remind me of Mickey Pearce from Only Fools And Horses!

Similar mouth
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 18, 2019, 12:16:09 AM
Reply #85

Bluedylan

See what you mean. Similar facial expressions.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 18, 2019, 12:27:49 AM
Reply #86

sam of the south

See what you mean. Similar facial expressions.

He looks much more like Mickey Pearce than he does Iwobi
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 18, 2019, 12:35:35 AM
Reply #87

Cozzie

Really tenacious when he came on.

Physically this league wont be an issue to him.

Didn't seem to lack confidence when he came on. Will be amazing this season I am sure of it.

August 18, 2019, 12:37:48 AM
Reply #88

Heisenberg

We scored 54 games in the PL last year. If we’re to do anything this season I think we need to score 65 - 70...really not sure where those goals are going to come from.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Not necessarily. As grim as it may be I’d happily take 38 1-0s. Was good game management today to take the 1-0. Think we never really looked in danger of conceding due to our control in the middle

August 18, 2019, 12:47:46 AM
Reply #89

Mayor Farnum

Not necessarily. As grim as it may be I’d happily take 38 1-0s. Was good game management today to take the 1-0. Think we never really looked in danger of conceding due to our control in the middle

That was more do do with Watford's lack of threat up front than our "control in the middle".