August 22, 2019, 07:38:10 AM

Author Topic: Alex Iwobi  (Read 19785 times)

August 11, 2019, 11:46:08 PM
Reply #660

GrantyBoy78

Iwobi targeted and signed late on after Zaha was demanding 200k+ a week in wages. Would of had to break all kinds of structures to make the deal happen and that was something Brands wasn't willing to do.

Club were confident of landing Zaha with an 80million bid plus Tosun and McCarthy but this all changed with his demands.
If true, thats very naive of us. This will be his final pay day, of course hed want a decent payrise. Going from 150k to 200k isnt unreasonable.

Actually (no offence Django, I know you pass on info in good faith, its always appreciated), I dont believe this. Transfers dont happen that way. Wed have been in dialogue with his agent/intermediaries before we even placed a bid. Wed have know what he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 11, 2019, 11:50:47 PM
Reply #661

GrantyBoy78

At the price and wages offered we've dodged a bullet for me and I reckon Iwobi will be value for money
Iwobi said to be on between 120k - 150k, jumping from 70k at Arsenal.

August 12, 2019, 12:00:54 AM
Reply #662

Lxxx

Iwobi said to be on between 120k - 150k, jumping from 70k at Arsenal.

I'd suggest the lower end of that scale. The same bracket as the rest of our top end earners.

August 12, 2019, 12:05:54 AM
Reply #663

Mayor Farnum

Won't be long before footballers will only sign two year contracts so they can continually negotiate parity with new arrivals.

August 12, 2019, 12:23:10 AM
Reply #664

TheTone

Disappointed if we were willing to go to 80m plus 2 players

August 12, 2019, 12:26:02 AM
Reply #665

Cozzie

Iwobi targeted and signed late on after Zaha was demanding 200k+ a week in wages. Would of had to break all kinds of structures to make the deal happen and that was something Brands wasn't willing to do.

Club were confident of landing Zaha with an 80million bid plus Tosun and McCarthy but this all changed with his demands.

Cheers Django. Glad to see we wont be ripped off.

80M plus 2 players and 200k a week would have been ridiculous.

I did want him here to be fair but not for that.

Makes a bit of a mockery of Silva saying "Iwobi was a long term target"

It's insane really what it takes to buy a player these days.

August 12, 2019, 12:52:03 AM
Reply #666

kramer0

Still could have sold them Tosun though.

August 12, 2019, 07:28:10 AM
Reply #667

Evertonian in NC

Iwobi a better fit and I look forward to seeing him next week.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 12, 2019, 01:42:44 PM
Reply #668

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not buying that about Zaha. There's no way the club would put an offer in without knowing what the players wage demands were.
Most of the more reputable journos have since come out and said our only bid was 52m back in July and we were only ever going to go to 60m anyway. I think all the talk of deadline day bids from us was just the rest of the media whipping up a bit of a frenzy.

Not questioning Djangos sincerity by the way, he just passes on the information the same way other people do. There's now a few people who pass on that same info on here and lately it's either come to nothing, or just churning media rumours after the horse has bolted.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 14, 2019, 04:29:48 AM
Reply #669

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Hes a sound lad. Go on wobes.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 14, 2019, 06:21:18 AM
Reply #670

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them