September 15, 2019, 09:18:07 PM

Author Topic: Sigurdsson  (Read 7052 times)

September 01, 2019, 10:41:09 PM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

I think the movement and fluidity of some of the other players is helping to free up space for him, that he should be working himself.

He did play well today, but I'd want to see him do it for 10 games before I believe it's a proper change/adjustment.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 01, 2019, 10:44:08 PM
Reply #46

Heisenberg

I think he was really good on the ball today. Itís his work off it that isnít great. Even today so many times when it was out wide he offered  no support to the wingers, just doesnít seem interested when they have it

September 01, 2019, 11:03:21 PM
Reply #47

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
For me the big thing is Iwobi is trusted to control the ball.

That enables more players to move in anticipation that they wonít be running backwards straight away.

September 01, 2019, 11:07:31 PM
Reply #48

Lxxx

The game suited him today.

We obviously gave him a game plan and he worked himself into the space that we knew was going to be there.

Also saw more energy so maybe with some genuine competition for places he might move it up a notch.

Wouldn't be averse to seeing the front four move around more anyway and him find himself on the right occasonally for his deliveries. Beats Coleman's final third lottery.

September 01, 2019, 11:12:25 PM
Reply #49

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The game suited him today.

We obviously gave him a game plan and he worked himself into the space that we knew was going to be there.

Also saw more energy so maybe with some genuine competition for places he might move it up a notch.

Wouldn't be averse to seeing the front four move around more anyway and him find himself on the right occasonally for his deliveries. Beats Coleman's final third lottery.

Followed on from midweek where @stirlingblue said, his lateral movement was much improved.

Heís not going to get on the ball on the half way line and start spraying the ball.

But if he can drift wide, his crossing is excellent.

September 01, 2019, 11:21:48 PM
Reply #50

Lxxx

Followed on from midweek where @stirlingblue said, his lateral movement was much improved.

He’s not going to get on the ball on the half way line and start spraying the ball.

But if he can drift wide, his crossing is excellent.

It's a decent weapon he has, I don't know why we don't make better use of it. He had a great reputation for it at Swansea.

I know there is an argument that with only DCL in there he hasn't had a lot to aim for but a quality delivery will always cause problems.

September 01, 2019, 11:31:32 PM
Reply #51

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It's a decent weapon he has, I don't know why we don't make better use of it. He had a great reputation for it at Swansea.

I know there is an argument that with only DCL in there he hasn't had a lot to aim for but a quality delivery will always cause problems.
Think itís difficult to move out wide if when we then lose the ball it exposes the middle. 

He does a lot of work (shutting down lanes etc) that wonít show up obviously on a stat.

September 01, 2019, 11:32:15 PM
Reply #52

gizzblue

Was good today more a kin to the player we bought...think we finally have the squad to get the best out of our players. 
Born not made a blue .

September 01, 2019, 11:50:50 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's extraordinary off the ball, long distance running machine.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 01, 2019, 11:59:53 PM
Reply #54

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
He's extraordinary off the ball, long distance running machine.

That one he chased down from their corner springs to mind
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 02, 2019, 01:54:25 AM
Reply #55

bornblue88

He was excellent today but he usually has his best performances against sides that play a more open passing game. I expect heíll be good again against Bournemouth but will go missing against Sheffield united.

September 02, 2019, 02:00:43 AM
Reply #56

ally2

So much crap written in here.  Why can't you lads just accept that he's a good footballer and he had a great game?  Is there nothing better to do than to cram in excuses and reasons why this represented a blip because he was excellent?  Get behind the team.

September 02, 2019, 02:01:51 AM
Reply #57

ally2

I'd want to see him do it for 10 games before I believe

Utterly laughable comment

September 02, 2019, 02:06:21 AM
Reply #58

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Think itís difficult to move out wide if when we then lose the ball it exposes the middle. 

He does a lot of work (shutting down lanes etc) that wonít show up obviously on a stat.
   spot on.  I'm surprised to see the amount of posters claiming he is lazy. 

September 02, 2019, 02:09:49 AM
Reply #59

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
So much crap written in here.  Why can't you lads just accept that he's a good footballer and he had a great game?  Is there nothing better to do than to cram in excuses and reasons why this represented a blip because he was excellent?  Get behind the team.
We have been on TV 2 games in a row. over here.  4 different pundits and all agreeing that Siggy is a great player and important part of our team... But then again they probably know nothing about football and the Everton way... one of the 4 was Lars Jacobsen by the way