September 15, 2019, 08:53:20 PM

Author Topic: Sigurdsson  (Read 7051 times)

September 02, 2019, 02:10:02 AM
Reply #60

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 02, 2019, 02:30:36 AM
Reply #61

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He was boss today.

Maybe he wasnt the issue in the midfield after all and it was the two behind him.

Think Delph and iwobi naturally take up positions on the pitch that make the midfield more compact which helps Sigurdsson. That cross for the iwobi goal is as good as youll ever see.

But, yeah, not changing my opinion on one game like.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 02, 2019, 02:44:21 AM
Reply #62

ally2

September 02, 2019, 02:47:21 AM
Reply #63

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No one has ever said he's a poor player the issue has always been getting the best out of him and today silva managed that, long may it continue because he's a boss player

September 02, 2019, 02:48:20 AM
Reply #64

Macca77

Was brilliant today, had his best game for a while

September 02, 2019, 02:53:35 AM
Reply #65

sam of the south

I think the movement and physicality of Iwobi and Kean has really helped him, as has the positional sense and passing range of Delph.

I really hope he stays on this form now, because he is technically superb when he actually gets on the ball, and his engine is insane.

Although, as has been mentioned, well see how he does against the next team that get 10 men behind the ball like Villa (I know he was good against Lincoln, but you know, it was Lincoln)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 02:55:08 AM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2019, 02:56:37 AM
Reply #66

boothill

We have been on TV 2 games in a row. over here.  4 different pundits and all agreeing that Siggy is a great player and important part of our team... But then again they probably know nothing about football and the Everton way... one of the 4 was Lars Jacobsen by the way

why is luke skywalkers uncle commentating on an everton game

September 02, 2019, 03:03:02 AM
Reply #67

ally2

I think the movement and physicality of Iwobi and Kean has really helped him, as has the positional sense and passing range of Delph.

I really hope he stays on this form now, because he is technically superb when he actually gets on the ball, and his engine is insane.

Although, as has been mentioned, well see how he does against the next team that get 10 men behind the ball like Villa (I know he was good against Lincoln, but you know, it was Lincoln)

Seems like a contradiction here. On the one hand you've suggested that Kean and Iwobi are helping out and that's why he's played better, but then you're hoping that he maintains this form. Is this unfair?  Could you accept then that he could have always been in good form but didn't have help before?  It is the more obvious reason that the season has only just started? i.e. he suffered from the same things that meant all our other forwards happened to be rubbish too until the last two games?

September 02, 2019, 03:10:00 AM
Reply #68

BlueNoseMike

what often gets forgotten about with sig is what he does when we don't have the ball. He is good at pressing the opposition and quite a few times today and last season that lead to team mates intercepting the ball in the opposition half (prime example of this was 2nd of richarlison's goals against Brighton last season)

We can't be dropping him*, For this and his goals. And if he continues like today we will be sound

*But he does need competition, and maybe rotating out if out of form/needs resting. Good to see us have options

September 02, 2019, 03:23:02 AM
Reply #69

dazfrancis

I have been one of those calling for sigurdsson to be dropped but the last 2 games are night and day compared to the first 3.

His stats from today undeniably show he is heavily involved and there is no reason we should drop him in this form

Gylfi Sigurdssons stats against Wolves:

Touches - 52
Assists - 1
Successful passes - 21
Successful attacking third passes - 10
Chances created - 5
Pass accuracy - 72%
Recoveries - 3
Successful tackles - 1
Clearances - 1
Fouls suffered - 1

Why he is suddenly more involved in the build up play I'm not sure, could be thanks to Kean, Delph and Iwobi but I hope it continues

September 02, 2019, 03:42:35 AM
Reply #70

Dr. Sponge

I have been one of those calling for sigurdsson to be dropped but the last 2 games are night and day compared to the first 3.

His stats from today undeniably show he is heavily involved and there is no reason we should drop him in this form

Gylfi Sigurdsson's stats against Wolves:

Touches - 52
Assists - 1
Successful passes - 21
Successful attacking third passes - 10
Chances created - 5
Pass accuracy - 72%
Recoveries - 3
Successful tackles - 1
Clearances - 1
Fouls suffered - 1

Why he is suddenly more involved in the build up play I'm not sure, could be thanks to Kean, Delph and Iwobi but I hope it continues
Maybe this tactical change is part of the "something different" that Silva was talking about prior to the Lincoln game.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 02, 2019, 03:45:26 AM
Reply #71

sam of the south

Seems like a contradiction here. On the one hand you've suggested that Kean and Iwobi are helping out and that's why he's played better, but then you're hoping that he maintains this form. Is this unfair?  Could you accept then that he could have always been in good form but didn't have help before?  It is the more obvious reason that the season has only just started? i.e. he suffered from the same things that meant all our other forwards happened to be rubbish too until the last two games?

Nah.

He touched it 13 times against Villa and we had about 70% of the ball. Thats nuts.

Today he touched it over 50 times.

So hes probably more willing to get on the ball because he has better movement all around him. But I still wish he had taken the game by the scruff of the neck against poor sides like Villa and Palace.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2019, 03:45:38 AM
Reply #72

Lxxx

Competition for places. Itll spur good players on to better levels.

It should hopefully give everyone a nudge to be at it every week from now on.

September 02, 2019, 03:55:23 AM
Reply #73

Bluedylan

Why's he got to do this 10 times?

Ok, the number was arbitrary but I do think he needs to play the same way for a sustained period of time. We want him getting on the ball much more than he has been. He had 13 touches in a game the other week. That cant be acceptable, under any circumstances.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 02, 2019, 04:03:12 AM
Reply #74

stirlingblue

When Sig goes missing it puts a huge pressure on the two in the pivot and they end up with 3 - 5 times as many passes as him each.

Looking at today and Lincoln they had about 1.5 times his amount of passes which is great.

Hes a very dangerous player, were always going to threaten more when he has the ball vs our pivots