November 20, 2019, 01:57:18 AM

Author Topic: Sidibe  (Read 13524 times)

November 01, 2019, 03:46:28 AM
Reply #195

GrantyBoy78

Decline of the Bundesliga? Their 1-10 are better than the EPL's 1-10. Both leagues are top heavy. Granted Bayern/Dortmund aren't quite Liverpool/City, but beyond that, it's a far better balanced league. Plenty of great footy to be had in Germany, and they understand VAR.

Do you watch a lot of Bundesliga, out of curiosity?
I watch a lot of German footy and love it. I’m going there in Feb to catch 4 matches. The games are exciting but ultimately, the level is not quite that of the PL. The money’s just not there to make teams like Schalke competitive. I could write a list of players that have excelled in Germany but couldn’t hack it in the PL and PL flops that have flourished over there.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

November 01, 2019, 04:05:35 AM
Reply #196

Toffee Tuesdays

I watch a lot of German footy and love it. I’m going there in Feb to catch 4 matches. The games are exciting but ultimately, the level is not quite that of the PL. The money’s just not there to make teams like Schalke competitive. I could write a list of players that have excelled in Germany but couldn’t hack it in the PL and PL flops that have flourished over there.

Always going to be some flops but off the top of my head there’s de bruyne, aubamayeng, firmino, gundogan, sane, ozil, xhaka, stefan wessels

November 01, 2019, 05:10:10 AM
Reply #197

YankeeBlue214

I watch a lot of German footy and love it. I'm going there in Feb to catch 4 matches. The games are exciting but ultimately, the level is not quite that of the PL. The money's just not there to make teams like Schalke competitive. I could write a list of players that have excelled in Germany but couldn't hack it in the PL and PL flops that have flourished over there.

Fair shout, and color me jealous. Seeing a Der Klassiker at Allianz is on my footy bucket list.

I do get what you're saying, it is definitely different and the pacing isn't exactly the EPL but the overall football quality I do rate quite highly.

As far as whether or not success translates, that's why I'm hoping for Pulisic to be a great success (since I'm a Yank and all). Appreciate the answer, cheers.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

November 01, 2019, 06:37:00 AM
Reply #198

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently doing very well with his passing game over there is jonjoe.

I think a modern full back should be able to dribble and he isn't very good 1v1 but those searching through balls are a weapon.

Certainly better than looking around frantically and waving an arm in frustration before passing a square ball to Micheal Keane and killing the attack.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2019, 02:53:59 PM
Reply #199

sam of the south

I think a modern full back should be able to dribble and he isn't very good 1v1 but those searching through balls are a weapon.

Certainly better than looking around frantically and waving an arm in frustration before passing a square ball to Micheal Keane and killing the attack.

He could always become a wily 1-2 merchant like Baines or Beckham.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 01, 2019, 05:59:47 PM
Reply #200

YankeeBlue214

It's this from an app or apps?

- George Santayana

November 01, 2019, 06:05:07 PM
Reply #201

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's this from an app or apps?

Both from twitter accounts I follow, first one using @insightmrkt inouse tool, a fella called stop bunching, a blue and good data insights.

The second from Smarter Scout run by Dan Altman who publish a lot of stuff from their own app. Data stories or player comparisons etc.

Weirdly smarter scout's performance model has us coming 5th final league postition (20% chance), they are considerably higher on our performance levels than I am!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2019, 06:08:01 PM
Reply #202

YankeeBlue214

Both from twitter accounts I follow, first one using @insightmrkt inouse tool, a fella called stop bunching, a blue and good data insights.

The second from Smarter Scout run by Dan Altman who publish a lot of stuff from their own app. Data stories or player comparisons etc.

Weirdly smarter scout's performance model has us coming 5th final league postition (20% chance), they are considerably higher on our performance levels than I am!

Very cool, thanks mate.

- George Santayana

November 01, 2019, 07:36:57 PM
Reply #203

sam of the south

That’s probably projected 5th place with fully fit Bernard & Mina, Holgate instead of Keane with an e, and Lexi Wobes in the 10, though ;)
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 01, 2019, 09:40:28 PM
Reply #204

YankeeBlue214

That's probably projected 5th place with fully fit Bernard & Mina, Holgate instead of Keane with an e, and Lexi Wobes in the 10, though ;)

And Messi

- George Santayana