August 22, 2019, 07:11:24 AM

Author Topic: League cup draw  (Read 2613 times)

August 14, 2019, 05:08:12 AM
Reply #45

Lincs Toffee

My local team, playing really well at the minute, certainly not going to be a push over at their ground
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

August 14, 2019, 05:10:38 AM
Reply #46

bluenuck

Nothing is easy away from Goodison these days.

August 14, 2019, 06:25:13 AM
Reply #47

Ramjam

If we don’t believe that we can go away to Lincoln and win how can we possibly believe that we should be going to the top 6 in the prem and getting a win there. Our mentality is still holding us back even against league one opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 14, 2019, 11:49:37 AM
Reply #48

bluenuck

If we don’t believe that we can go away to Lincoln and win how can we possibly believe that we should be going to the top 6 in the prem and getting a win there. Our mentality is still holding us back even against league one opposition.

I don’t believe we can go to the top 6 in the prem this season. And we aren’t. Seriously.

We struggle away from home. It’s a fact. Not some belief.

Also. My “belief”, from a million kilometers away in Canada, shouldn’t effect fuck all what our players believe either.

August 14, 2019, 12:47:03 PM
Reply #49

Shogun

Administrator

You’re right but the team has to show it first.

We got knocked out by  Mark Hughes’ Southampton at home and Millwall in last season’s cups ffs.
I never claimed to be a saint

August 14, 2019, 02:18:39 PM
Reply #50

TheTone

I'd rather we win this and finish 10th but everything just gets geared towards the league where the big money is

always get the impression noone at the club is arsed about the cups these days

let Man City's B team win them like

August 14, 2019, 07:00:24 PM
Reply #51

Robioto

My local team, playing really well at the minute, certainly not going to be a push over at their ground

Are you going?

I remember when we played my local team Exeter City in the FA Cup 3rd round back in the early 2000s, sat in the City end with my mates with my Everton shirt under my City shirt!

We had 3-4 goals disallowed that day and it ended 0-0, we then won the replay at Goodison (just!) 1-0, Barmby got the winner I think late in the game.

Was win win really, City got thier payday in the replay and we went through. Then played them in a friendly a year or 2 later off the back of the FA Cup at the real St James Park, we had just signed a load of players and I remember being really impressed with Alex Nyarko! 4-0 Everton.

I also met Gazza that day and got my shirt signed by him. Then I met David Unsworth and Kevin Campbell and they took my shirt to the changing room and got it signed by the entire team! Still have it :)

Bit of a nostalgia unload there! Always hope we draw Exeter, but it's not happened since. But have seen United,  The Shite (2-2 draw) and a few other top division teams there over the years.

August 14, 2019, 07:14:06 PM
Reply #52

Lincs Toffee

Yes, think it will be similar for me, I have a couple of mates who are ST holders one of whom cant go so I'll be with the home supporters sat on my hands keeping my mouth shut with my shirt on under a hoodie  :snigger:...unless I can manage to get in the away end !
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

August 14, 2019, 07:18:33 PM
Reply #53

Macca77

August 14, 2019, 07:18:56 PM
Reply #54

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, think it will be similar for me, I have a couple of mates who are ST holders one of whom cant go so I'll be with the home supporters sat on my hands keeping my mouth shut with my shirt on under a hoodie  :snigger:...unless I can manage to get in the away end !

You can use my ticket if you want. I wont be going and I have the full credits so will be able to get one

August 14, 2019, 07:55:58 PM
Reply #55

Lincs Toffee

You can use my ticket if you want. I wont be going and I have the full credits so will be able to get one
Thanks Dude, that'll be great, pm me any details and ill transfer some cash over.

August 14, 2019, 08:40:23 PM
Reply #56

Alanvideo

We played Lincoln in the League Cup in 1993 and won 8-5 over the two legs . The crowd at Sincil Bank was 9,153 but the second leg only attracted 8,375 to Goodison. 
I wouldn't mind going to this ,could stopover with friends in Brigg ,which isn't too far.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 14, 2019, 09:04:50 PM
Reply #57

Evertonian in NC

It's one of those now that City are really trying - quite difficult to see a path.  Still...we're gonna win the Caribou Cup!

Also, check here for teevee options as date gets closer (match isn't even listed yet):

https://www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/everton/
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:05:58 PM by Evertonian in NC »
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 14, 2019, 09:08:45 PM
Reply #58

Evertonian in NC

Anything with coverage at all should make its way to ESPN+ (for us ugly Americans)
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 14, 2019, 09:43:05 PM
Reply #59

Alanvideo

Anything with coverage at all should make its way to ESPN+ (for us ugly Americans)
............in past seasons they have shown highlights on ITV3 or ITV4 and once on Quest I think
We are special ,we are Everton.