August 22, 2019, 07:11:32 AM

Author Topic: Pubs  (Read 2489 times)

August 14, 2019, 07:20:45 PM
Read 2489 times

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Where we drinking this season then?

I found the Barlow and the leigh arms the best pre match boozers last season. Never seem to wait too long to get served there and can always go outside if it's too busy.

Always open to suggestions though.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 14, 2019, 07:26:44 PM
Reply #1

Macca77

Couple of my mates meet up and have a few pints at The Mons, park there as well.

August 14, 2019, 07:31:53 PM
Reply #2

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Black Horse

August 14, 2019, 07:34:10 PM
Reply #3

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
When Iím up I drink in the Wetherspoons on County Road. Always happy to go somewhere else and meet up with people from here
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 14, 2019, 07:48:42 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Outside the Royal Oak maybe, or the Leigh Arms for me I think. Maybe whatever players is called now by the tesco.

Been a segura man for years but heard bad rumours about paying on the door or membership or something.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 14, 2019, 07:50:41 PM
Reply #5

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
With the Segura seemingly going the same was as the Carrie, i'm a bit homeless nowadays.
Can never be arsed with the walk to the black horse.

I've reverted back to my youth and squeezed into the Harlech & Cheppy last year.
Wish the hotpants the county would open back up.

Most of the lads have been from the north end of Walton/Kirkdale or Bootle and we sat in the Gwladys growing up. So it never occurs to me to leave the ground and start walking south for a pub. Weatherspoons/the oak/Springfield may as well be on a different planet to me. (even now im sat next to the park end and make my way back into town after the match)

August 14, 2019, 07:54:51 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Outside the Royal Oak maybe, or the Leigh Arms for me I think. Maybe whatever players is called now by the tesco.

Been a segura man for years but heard bad rumours about paying on the door or membership or something.

Itís ran by the same fella who did the players before that shut.

Sound group like, but I think they run actual post match stuff so you have to pay I think.

They need to sort the ale out in there though. Was in there the other day and the stuff on draught was undrinkable.

August 14, 2019, 07:56:25 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Itís ran by the same fella who did the players before that shut.

Sound group like, but I think they run actual post match stuff so you have to pay I think.

They need to sort the ale out in there though. Was in there the other day and the stuff on draught was undrinkable.

Which, segura?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 14, 2019, 08:00:08 PM
Reply #8

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, the "all you can drink, bite to eat, ex-pro speaking with the match sandwiched between it all" events are in the Segura now instead of upstairs in players. Paul Cronin is it? Him & the events are sound if you're making a day & night of it like.

So there didnt ever seem to be any general access on matchdays last year.

August 14, 2019, 08:00:34 PM
Reply #9

Macca77

With the Segura seemingly going the same was as the Carrie, i'm a bit homeless nowadays.
Can never be arsed with the walk to the black horse.

I've reverted back to my youth and squeezed into the Harlech & Cheppy last year.
Wish the hotpants the county would open back up.

Most of the lads have been from the north end of Walton/Kirkdale or Bootle and we sat in the Gwladys growing up. So it never occurs to me to leave the ground and start walking south for a pub. Weatherspoons/the oak/Springfield may as well be on a different planet to me. (even now im sat next to the park end and make my way back into town after the match)

The County was where we all used to meet up, that was our pre match routine for a few years, we'd be in there until about 2.40 ish then cut through all the jiggers on the way to the ground.

Jigger = entry in scouse speak.

August 14, 2019, 08:01:35 PM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

August 14, 2019, 08:03:06 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yep

Right yeah I see.

Shame that.

Need somewhere quick getting served, good ale and a card machine.

August 14, 2019, 08:07:29 PM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be around the elm, Barlow, clock, leigh arms vacinity pre game and probably the Harlech post game
Simply simply lovely

August 14, 2019, 08:18:55 PM
Reply #13

Bluenose 91

Barlow 90% of the time for me.

Sometimes the Black Horse in the beer garden if its a sunny one.

August 14, 2019, 08:32:53 PM
Reply #14

Bingham Boy

Generally work my way from Wetherspoons from there the Oak, then at 2.45 there's always the shout, lets have a quick one in the Winslow. It's that in between time, slightly too early to go in the ground no long enough for a pint, but you're in the zone then.