September 15, 2019, 08:52:55 PM

Author Topic: If Everton no longer existed....  (Read 2612 times)

August 29, 2019, 03:27:40 PM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Probably go back to my roots  and support Arsenal or Spurs in the prem. Or more closely follow Philadelphia Union who are doing surprisingly well this year.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 29, 2019, 03:34:34 PM
Reply #16

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Marine

Lovely day out there
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 29, 2019, 03:36:33 PM
Reply #17

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
That's fucking weird @blargins

I'd probably just watch england when the hype train reaches fever pitch and we win a group game in the world cup/euros.
Bin the rest of it off utterly.

@Mayor Farnum has a point as well. I'd lose a lot of interest if a superleague entity took away any hope of us competing again.

August 29, 2019, 03:38:17 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Wouldn’t bother with any other team. Reason I support Everton is cod of my dad, his dad and because it’s my club a few hundred yards from the house I grew up in.

I’m not really into the concept of ‘picking’ a football team to support. It wasn’t a choice for me.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 29, 2019, 03:41:16 PM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That's fucking weird @blargins

I'd probably just watch england when the hype train reaches fever pitch and we win a group game in the world cup/euros.
Bin the rest of it off utterly.

@Mayor Farnum has a point as well. I'd lose a lot of interest if a superleague entity took away any hope of us competing again.
Why is it weird? Both spurs and Arsenal were close to where I lived as a kid. And now I live close to Philadelphia. Seems reasonable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 29, 2019, 03:51:09 PM
Reply #20

Robioto

August 29, 2019, 03:54:49 PM
Reply #21

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Why is it weird? Both spurs and Arsenal were close to where I lived as a kid. And now I live close to Philadelphia. Seems reasonable to me.

The concept of having a choice between 2 such fierce rivals.

I suppose the whole concept of 'picking' a team (especially one that is a competitor of your current team) is what's weird to me.
Surely there has to be a 'reason'. A preference involved? Not just, i used to live near there.
(The Phili one makes sense. It's the Arsenal/Spurs thing)

I don't support very many foreign teams. But i follow a few due to specific reasons. Lazio (football Italia on C4 and Gazza in a mask), Deportivo (Millennium Champ Man colossi with McKaay & Tristan) and Ajax (because: 90s).
I couldn't just pick a German or Portugese team to follow though.

August 29, 2019, 04:03:15 PM
Reply #22

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lovely mention of Roy McKayy.

August 29, 2019, 04:03:52 PM
Reply #23

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Would probably lose all interest to be honest.
Ive already lost interest in football outside of Everton so this for me is how i'd feel
Simply simply lovely

August 29, 2019, 04:21:22 PM
Reply #24

Macca77

I'd just watch Bootle play, cracking little stadium

August 29, 2019, 04:31:45 PM
Reply #25

velimski

Crawley Town. Grew up there, used to go a lot as a kid (when they were non league), then had a season ticket for a couple of seasons about 6 or 7 years ago.

August 29, 2019, 04:44:09 PM
Reply #26

Cozzie

Could never actually "Support" another club, I would just follow the game in general.

August 29, 2019, 04:48:59 PM
Reply #27

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'd be as heavily involved in the phoenix club as possible.

As far as top flight would go, I'd hate them all

August 29, 2019, 06:41:23 PM
Reply #28

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The concept of having a choice between 2 such fierce rivals.

I suppose the whole concept of 'picking' a team (especially one that is a competitor of your current team) is what's weird to me.
Surely there has to be a 'reason'. A preference involved? Not just, i used to live near there.
(The Phili one makes sense. It's the Arsenal/Spurs thing)

I don't support very many foreign teams. But i follow a few due to specific reasons. Lazio (football Italia on C4 and Gazza in a mask), Deportivo (Millennium Champ Man colossi with McKaay & Tristan) and Ajax (because: 90s).
I couldn't just pick a German or Portugese team to follow though.

Well, if we didn't exist they wouldn't be a fierce rival anymore. When I picked Everton, I had no connection at all to the club. Had never been to Liverpool (still haven't) and it was simply that blue was my favorite color and I liked the name at the time. I was about 14 when I first got properly interested in football. I did support Chelsea as a kid but only because my best mate did. I didn't really care about it at that point.

August 29, 2019, 06:53:14 PM
Reply #29

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This would never happen btw.

It's one thing losing the likes of Bury and Bolton, but losing Everton is beyond the pale. They'd be genuine outrage across the country and I even reckon parliament would have to get involved.

We're too much of an institution.