September 15, 2019, 09:35:35 PM

Author Topic: If Everton no longer existed....  (Read 2615 times)

August 29, 2019, 06:59:52 PM
Reply #30

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Well, if we didn't exist they wouldn't be a fierce rival anymore. When I picked Everton, I had no connection at all to the club. Had never been to Liverpool (still haven't) and it was simply that blue was my favorite color and I liked the name at the time. I was about 14 when I first got properly interested in football. I did support Chelsea as a kid but only because my best mate did. I didn't really care about it at that point.

I meant Spurs and Arsenal were fierce rivals (and both competitors of us now).
That was the point of my post. Flipping a coin between 2 teams of that nature stood out as baffling to me.

August 29, 2019, 07:05:43 PM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I meant Spurs and Arsenal were fierce rivals (and both competitors of us now).
That was the point of my post. Flipping a coin between 2 teams of that nature stood out as baffling to me.

Is it any different to living in Liverpool and choosing between Everton and Liverpool though?

I have more connection to Spurs and Arsenal, my dad used to live round the corner from WHL and grandad was a mad Arsenal supporter. From my perspective, I have a closer connection to them than I do Everton. I'm a southern bastid.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 29, 2019, 07:29:46 PM
Reply #32

boothill

Would try and give bootle a bit of support,  if that failed id probably spew it

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 29, 2019, 07:41:42 PM
Reply #33

74Blue

Whoever was playing against the shite.

August 29, 2019, 11:14:57 PM
Reply #34

Dr. Sponge

I'd give the Netherley Wood Lane Legion a go, as well as whoever The Shite's opponents were.

If we did fold, I imagine we would immediately re-enter as Everton again, in the highest league allowed to us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 30, 2019, 01:11:22 AM
Reply #35

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Is it any different to living in Liverpool and choosing between Everton and Liverpool though?

I have more connection to Spurs and Arsenal, my dad used to live round the corner from WHL and grandad was a mad Arsenal supporter. From my perspective, I have a closer connection to them than I do Everton. I'm a southern bastid.

You dont choose Everton... :)
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

August 30, 2019, 01:13:35 AM
Reply #36

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 30, 2019, 01:14:38 AM
Reply #37

Heisenberg

Would just take the opportunity to not follow footy. It just makes me miserable anyway

August 30, 2019, 02:02:56 AM
Reply #38

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Think I'd try a team in a completely different league or country. I've always seen Celtic as the Scottish version of Liverpool, so I'd probably give Rangers a follow, although I'd wait till Gerrard fucked off.
One of my friends follows a German team as his second team, he probably gets to 5 or 6 games a season and the atmosphere over there seems very good.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 30, 2019, 02:06:44 AM
Reply #39

Paddockoldie

Computer says no.... There is no other I'm afraid.

August 30, 2019, 02:11:13 AM
Reply #40

Alanvideo

this sums it up perfectly..........

We are special ,we are Everton.

August 30, 2019, 02:15:08 AM
Reply #41

bornblue88

There will always be an Everton football club as long as there are fans to follow it

August 30, 2019, 02:36:09 AM
Reply #42

Robber Rodwell

First of all cracking post.  Since I have endured the lows and lows of supporting Everton for the last 30 years, I would become a Newcastle United Fan because I love being miserable and having zero hope of winning any silverware.  I would also become a number one fan of Steve Bruce, and swear Sam Allardyce is a tactical genius!!!!!

August 30, 2019, 03:45:30 AM
Reply #43

Toddacelli

Everton would come back in another guise in many leagues below, and I would support them.

If St Domingo FC didn't materialise then I'd support Notts County.

Grew up in Nottingham after leaving Liverpool and the colour of Forest's kit rules them out.

I'm probably closer geographically to Derby County but for some reason I've always disliked them.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 30, 2019, 03:50:59 AM
Reply #44

schleffera