September 15, 2019, 08:53:10 PM

Author Topic: Wolves - match ratings  (Read 2513 times)

September 02, 2019, 08:53:33 PM
Reply #45

Alanvideo

I think the reason Sidibe is on loan is because we plan for Coleman to play less overall this year and then make a permanent move for a young RB to take over next season.
................I'm hoping Kenny will be ready to step up next season if he has a good spell at Schalke
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 02, 2019, 08:55:35 PM
Reply #46

Alanvideo

Coleman is really showing how far behind he is for me. Very predictable player now, although his heart is still very much in it.
..................he's been predictable for quite a while but you couldn't fault him for effort yesterday . Probably will be his last season with us.
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 02, 2019, 09:32:58 PM
Reply #47

Toddacelli

I gotta go with @ally2  on this.

I thought Richarlison was poor. Full disclosure - I only watched from 39 mins so it may have been very different for most of the first half.

Numerous times he received the ball in the right-mid position and didn't even attempt to take anyone on or even cut inside. Instead he passed inside or passed back and looked like he had no idea what to do on the right wing unless he had a ball to chase.

He absolutely has to go on the left in my opinion. On the left he has all sorts of ideas, on the right he looks completely bereft of  imagination.

A bit harsh, maybe, but only because I expect so much from him now.

I loved his goals, I loved his passion, I loved him playing for fouls and tackling back in the last minutes of a game that was 100mph for most of the 90 mins.

And a black shirt can be boss. Fact.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 02, 2019, 09:53:48 PM
Reply #48

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber

Numerous times he received the ball in the right-mid position and didn't even attempt to take anyone on or even cut inside. Instead he passed inside or passed back and looked like he had no idea what to do on the right wing unless he had a ball to chase.

Me and the guy next to me where saying the same thing. Of course, he had a very good game with goals, passes, movement, tackles and drawing numerous fouls and bookings BUT he was still a bit frustrating. There were so many times he had the ball with plenty of space to attack behind the full back but chose mostly to stop, turn inside and pass.

Honestly not moaning but do think there is much more to come from him. Still love him though  ;).
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

September 02, 2019, 10:03:27 PM
Reply #49

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure Coleman is far behind. I thought he has had a really decent start to the season, and is taking up really impressive forward positions, which he wasn't doing a few months ago.

I really liked his forward runs inside of Richarlison yesterday rather than an overlap - just caused them all sorts of confusion and they struggled to track him.

Clearly he will need replacing at some point, but it has been a positive start.

September 02, 2019, 10:09:29 PM
Reply #50

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber

I thought Richarlison was poor. Full disclosure - I only watched from 39 mins so it may have been very different for most of the first half.

He absolutely has to go on the left in my opinion. On the left he has all sorts of ideas, on the right he looks completely bereft of  imagination.

A bit harsh, maybe, but only because I expect so much from him now.

I loved his goals, I loved his passion, I loved him playing for fouls and tackling back in the last minutes of a game that was 100mph for most of the 90 mins.

And a black shirt can be boss. Fact.

Richy is an all or nothing player, which is the reason he needs to work on the smaller, less significant parts of the game. He has all the major attributes to be one of the very best, with confidence, natural finishing ability, style, presence and passion. But its making sure that those 5 yard passes and first touches are consistently on point time after time that are as important if he really wants to become a superstar.

September 03, 2019, 02:13:16 AM
Reply #51

stirlingblue

Richy is an all or nothing player, which is the reason he needs to work on the smaller, less significant parts of the game. He has all the major attributes to be one of the very best, with confidence, natural finishing ability, style, presence and passion. But its making sure that those 5 yard passes and first touches are consistently on point time after time that are as important if he really wants to become a superstar.

Sadly his idol is Neymar who got where he is on natural talent, rather than somebody like Ronaldo who works like a machine

September 03, 2019, 02:22:46 AM
Reply #52

Toffee_4_Life

Coleman is really showing how far behind he is for me. Very predictable player now, although his heart is still very much in it.

Legs have gone. He can't go on the overlap past Richy anymore which in turn has a detrimental effect on the wingers game as he has no choice but to cut inside or hold it up and play for a foul. Surprised Richy manages to be as effective as he is with no creativity on that side with him