September 15, 2019, 09:52:59 PM

Author Topic: [News]Silva: Richarlison is the spirit in our dressing room  (Read 2463 times)

September 07, 2019, 04:48:13 PM
Reply #30

Gash

Global Moderator
Thing is I honestly think VAR is going to worsen this because managers surely must be telling players now you feel a touch in the area go down .

Yeah but a player can still go down with out acting like they've been shot.

September 07, 2019, 08:24:23 PM
Reply #31

Tinga

We always have players that are too nice, it's good to have a bit of a cuntish player. I still remember the many times we could have attacked and Baines put the ball out, then the player who needed treatment is fine to get on with it.

September 08, 2019, 02:00:30 PM
Reply #32

Toddacelli

It's not just him though, it's part of modern play unfortunately.

This is the big part of the issue that is not discussed as much. Everyone blames the individual when they see it happen but how often do you hear the pundits say "Well the modern game actually rewards that type of play so with millions of pounds on the line I'm sure his manager will be delighted that Richarlison didn't stop rolling till he passed the Wilmslow."

Take the red card against Wolves for example:

Richarlison rolled around a bit on that one holding his face. Yes it was a solid block, but he was essentially unhurt in any way.

Boly was sent off in the last moments. Any advantage to Everton when the score didn't change?

Fuck yeah! If a European place and millions in TV money comes down to 1 position between us and Wolves - how useful is their best centre half being suspended?

If they let in more goals and lose more points because of Richarlison's rolling then that single act could be the difference between the teams that earns us millions and millions of pounds in TV money and helps us attract better players next year and drives the whole club forward.

Taken to the nth degree to make a point, I know, but it's a very real situation.

So now tell me why players wouldn't do that when the rewards are so high?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 08, 2019, 03:51:39 PM
Reply #33

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
This is the big part of the issue that is not discussed as much. Everyone blames the individual when they see it happen but how often do you hear the pundits say "Well the modern game actually rewards that type of play so with millions of pounds on the line I'm sure his manager will be delighted that Richarlison didn't stop rolling till he passed the Wilmslow."

Take the red card against Wolves for example:

Richarlison rolled around a bit on that one holding his face. Yes it was a solid block, but he was essentially unhurt in any way.

Boly was sent off in the last moments. Any advantage to Everton when the score didn't change?

Fuck yeah! If a European place and millions in TV money comes down to 1 position between us and Wolves - how useful is their best centre half being suspended?

If they let in more goals and lose more points because of Richarlison's rolling then that single act could be the difference between the teams that earns us millions and millions of pounds in TV money and helps us attract better players next year and drives the whole club forward.

Taken to the nth degree to make a point, I know, but it's a very real situation.

So now tell me why players wouldn't do that when the rewards are so high?

Take your point in some respects but FYI, the Europa League earns you fuck all unless you win it, qualifying stages will cost you money and all at the risk of harming your form in the league.

September 09, 2019, 02:09:30 PM
Reply #34

Toddacelli

Take your point in some respects but FYI, the Europa League earns you fuck all unless you win it, qualifying stages will cost you money and all at the risk of harming your form in the league.

I didn't know that and am a little skeptical that it costs money when teams get a share of tv rights - but even so - the prospect of playing in Europe next year is something to offer when trying to attract players for next season and getting them to choose us over similarly placed rivals.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 09, 2019, 02:44:36 PM
Reply #35

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't know that and am a little skeptical that it costs money when teams get a share of tv rights - but even so - the prospect of playing in Europe next year is something to offer when trying to attract players for next season and getting them to choose us over similarly placed rivals.

TV money for EL is peanuts compared to CL and if you have to make a 7,000 mile round trip with the entire entourage to Astana and cover all of the logistical costs where ticket prices are £2 you lose money,
same with Tbilisi and at least a dozen other EL qualifiers, has been discussed by many clubs on numerous occasions.

September 09, 2019, 02:53:37 PM
Reply #36

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure about anyone else but I like us playing in Europe. It may not tick all the boxes in a cost benefit analysis, but itís fun and I like it.

September 09, 2019, 03:05:12 PM
Reply #37

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure about anyone else but I like us playing in Europe. It may not tick all the boxes in a cost benefit analysis, but itís fun and I like it.

Yeah i love it actually.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

September 09, 2019, 03:08:32 PM
Reply #38

Cereal Killer

Second qualifying round you get 260,000 just for playing

Are we going to lose money on that??

September 09, 2019, 06:14:32 PM
Reply #39

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Love it to, did Lille, Wolfsburg,  Basel, Berne but Koemans European tour was a right off.

September 09, 2019, 06:23:44 PM
Reply #40

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think in the last two years or so, the money is decent now.

10 years ago it was often break even at best.

September 09, 2019, 06:43:57 PM
Reply #41

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I think just for exposure you need to be in Europe. We need to be playing clubs of a similar stature to us as much as possible, and it is just very unfortunate for us that the Premier is ridiculously strong at the moment.

I think of all the leagues around Europe, and we should be competing with clubs like Sevilla, Valencia, Lyon, Porto, Roma, Lazio, PSV, Wolfsberg, Besiktas etc - The only way to do that is in the Europa league, and hopefully the Champions League at some point.

September 09, 2019, 07:42:05 PM
Reply #42

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Love it to, did Lille, Wolfsburg,  Basel, Berne but Koemans European tour was a right off.

Sounds amazing. Iíve only been lucky enough to go to one and it was very memorable.

6 hours ago
Reply #43

Gary Todd

Fucking same here pal it's called passion
Just realised this is full of profanities. Apologies. Sometimes I don't even know im doing it.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app