August 14, 2020, 06:56:31 PM

Author Topic: [News]Silva takes positives from City defeat  (Read 1052 times)

September 29, 2019, 02:51:25 AM
Read 1052 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Silva takes positives from City defeat

Everton boss Marco Silva says he wants to take the positives from the defeat to Manchester City at Goodison Park this afternoon.

Source: Silva takes positives from City defeat

September 29, 2019, 03:47:40 PM
Reply #1

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 29, 2019, 06:49:25 PM
Reply #2

Redartin

A positive is that City didn't fall further behind in the race for the title.

September 29, 2019, 10:28:31 PM
Reply #3

Mayor Farnum

Of all the indignities we've had to suffer as we've slid from grace over the last thirty years the one that hurts me most is that there are now certain clubs against whom defeat seems acceptable, even at home.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 29, 2019, 10:31:54 PM
Reply #4

Dr. Sponge

Of all the indignities we've had to suffer as we've slid from grace over the last thirty years the one that hurts me most is that there are now certain clubs against whom defeat seems acceptable, even at home.
This City team is one of the best to ever grace England, so you cant criticise the result. It was a free hit for Silva.

September 29, 2019, 10:34:35 PM
Reply #5

Mayor Farnum

This City team is one of the best to ever grace England, so you cant criticise the result. It was a free hit for Silva.
We've always given anyone a battle at Goodison. Until recently.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 30, 2019, 05:49:51 PM
Reply #6

formerKHL

I think the score line is papering over the cracks a bit city could've/shudve had about six the gundawan miss in the first half was a bonus and cudv'e led to a cricket score....sterling missed 2 sitters.....

the performance was better than previous games but being honest still below the standard from a team expected to challenge for top 6

October 01, 2019, 01:27:14 AM
Reply #7

gizzblue

I think the score line is papering over the cracks a bit city could've/shudve had about six the gundawan miss in the first half was a bonus and cudv'e led to a cricket score....sterling missed 2 sitters.....

the performance was better than previous games but being honest still below the standard from a team expected to challenge for top 6

Ederson made three fantastic saves too but don't suppose that fits for you . lolol
Born not made a blue .

October 01, 2019, 02:38:07 AM
Reply #8

Dr. Sponge

Ederson made three fantastic saves too but don't suppose that fits for you . lolol
People are saying this but they looked like saves you would expect a keeper to make. If they went in youd be asking questions of him. City on the other hand missed two huge sitters.

October 01, 2019, 02:41:49 AM
Reply #9

formerKHL

I wouldn’t call them fantastic saves if your talking about Mina header into the ground that he touched over the bar ? I’d expect him/most keepers to save it...straight at him......DCL put through 1 on 1 for me it was a miss rather than a fantastic save...just skimmed his calf and went wide.....bit unlucky for DCL...like the lads around me said at the time aguero Sterling mane would’ve lifted that more and scored.....
So basically Emerson was just doing his job....

October 01, 2019, 02:56:13 AM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
People are saying this but they looked like saves you would expect a keeper to make. If they went in youd be asking questions of him. City on the other hand missed two huge sitters.

If you’re including sitters you shouldn’t include the free kick as normally that wouldn’t go in. Nor sterling’s very often.

Shouldn’t go over the top with our chances bar the DCL one probably.