July 10, 2020, 08:28:12 PM

Author Topic: Jonjo Kenny  (Read 6175 times)

June 20, 2020, 03:16:21 AM
Reply #45

markB

what was the point of loaning him out ?

you have to ask that

then ask how did he do on loan and is he better for it ?

and anyone can see its yes to both , going out on loan and doing well has to be rewarded or what is the point of them

he will be in our team next season 14m saved

will he be our right back for the next 8 years ? (no)
will he be 1 one are right backs for the next 8 years ? (could well be)

will we spend 20-30 mill on a right back this year ? NOT without selling Coleman

if we look back 10 years ago Coleman was out on loan at Blackpool and the same was being said about him not going to make it at Everton even the year he came back he played right midfield , take that in Blackpool at what 22 years old 9 games  Schalke at 22/23 30 games so far

July 02, 2020, 09:29:30 PM
Reply #46

Waltzer

Kenny coming back, or looking to move him on for a fee?

Everton have turned down Schalke’s efforts to sign Jonjoe Kenny on loan for another season.

That’s according to club director Jochen Schneider, who confirmed the right-back will be returning to Goodison Park.

Kenny has spent the season on loan with the Bundesliga side after it was made clear last summer that playing time would be limited with Everton.

Like other English talents, he has flourished in the country, managing two goals and three assists in 31 Bundesliga games and earning rave reviews from fans and pundits alike.

Indeed, he was widely considered as one of the few positives out of a disappointing season for Schalke, who finished 12th in the table.
Similarly, Kenny has expressed his interest in staying at the club in some capacity having settled quickly in Germany and enjoyed the regular playing time he was looking for.

However, it seems neither will get their wish, with Schneider revealing that Everton have turned down their advances.

“Jonjoe fitted Schalke like a glove,” Kicker report him saying.

“We have deposited our interest in him coming back to us for another year on a loan basis. 

“Everton saw it differently; we have to respect that.”

The question now is whether Kenny stays at Everton this summer or finds himself moved on as part of the bigger rebuild.

The Blues certainly need reinforcements at right-back, and he has impressed in the Bundesliga, but whether that’s been enough to convince Carlo Ancelotti or Marcel Brands to give him his chance is unknown.

Whatever funds Everton have available to them is likely to be the determining factor. If there is money, it is easy see to them spending to improve a problem area.

However, if money is tight, which is likely, Kenny may just find himself as the beneficiary while Everton focus on improving elsewhere.

July 02, 2020, 09:42:33 PM
Reply #47

KoemansNumberTens

Kenny coming back, or looking to move him on for a fee?

Everton have turned down Schalke’s efforts to sign Jonjoe Kenny on loan for another season.

That’s according to club director Jochen Schneider, who confirmed the right-back will be returning to Goodison Park.

Kenny has spent the season on loan with the Bundesliga side after it was made clear last summer that playing time would be limited with Everton.

Like other English talents, he has flourished in the country, managing two goals and three assists in 31 Bundesliga games and earning rave reviews from fans and pundits alike.

Indeed, he was widely considered as one of the few positives out of a disappointing season for Schalke, who finished 12th in the table.
Similarly, Kenny has expressed his interest in staying at the club in some capacity having settled quickly in Germany and enjoyed the regular playing time he was looking for.

However, it seems neither will get their wish, with Schneider revealing that Everton have turned down their advances.

“Jonjoe fitted Schalke like a glove,” Kicker report him saying.

“We have deposited our interest in him coming back to us for another year on a loan basis. 

“Everton saw it differently; we have to respect that.”

The question now is whether Kenny stays at Everton this summer or finds himself moved on as part of the bigger rebuild.

The Blues certainly need reinforcements at right-back, and he has impressed in the Bundesliga, but whether that’s been enough to convince Carlo Ancelotti or Marcel Brands to give him his chance is unknown.

Whatever funds Everton have available to them is likely to be the determining factor. If there is money, it is easy see to them spending to improve a problem area.

However, if money is tight, which is likely, Kenny may just find himself as the beneficiary while Everton focus on improving elsewhere.

Rightly so. We aren’t a charity. If he’s been a success they can buy him

July 02, 2020, 09:58:10 PM
Reply #48

Waltzer

Rightly so. We aren’t a charity. If he’s been a success they can buy him

I get that, was more if the plans are for Sidebe to go and he stays with us, or if we have offers in the pipeline for him?

July 02, 2020, 10:09:46 PM
Reply #49

Cereal Killer

I imagine Carlo wants to work with him first hand before deciding

July 02, 2020, 11:39:33 PM
Reply #50

Thornton_19

Id keep Kenny a year. Saves us looking for a RB. Have him and Coleman. He might step up like Holgate did.

We have more pressing concerns elsewhere. CM and RW as an example.

July 03, 2020, 12:15:41 AM
Reply #51

cantoffee

Id keep Kenny a year. Saves us looking for a RB. Have him and Coleman. He might step up like Holgate did.

I dont think we have that much money to spend and it's just not a priority position when Coleman can still put in plenty of 7/10 performances and Kenny can push him to try to win his place.

We will surely be focusing on the most needed areas which central midfield will be far and away number 1.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 03, 2020, 12:21:33 AM
Reply #52

ajax_andy

Agreed, see if Carlo can work his magic on him first before moving on without even seeing

July 03, 2020, 02:56:30 AM
Reply #53

GrantyBoy78

I’ve said before I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough. I’d be content for him to come back and backup Coleman for a year so we can concentrate our funds on CM and RW, but he’s said he wants to be starting games, so I’m not sure how that will work. Also not sure who would pay the supposed £15m we were asking for, in this climate.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

July 03, 2020, 02:59:03 AM
Reply #54

Cereal Killer

Also not sure who would pay the supposed £15m we were asking for, in this climate.

West Ham if they stay up  :thumbsup:

July 03, 2020, 10:07:31 AM
Reply #55

Toddacelli

I miss the days we could just throw players at Sunderland like cooked spaghetti....

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 03, 2020, 04:48:10 PM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I've said before I don't think he's anywhere near good enough. I'd be content for him to come back and backup Coleman for a year so we can concentrate our funds on CM and RW, but he's said he wants to be starting games, so I'm not sure how that will work. Also not sure who would pay the supposed £15m we were asking for, in this climate.

I think he’ll get games. Sidibe got plenty this season.

Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

July 03, 2020, 08:35:26 PM
Reply #57

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I think he’ll get games. Sidibe got plenty this season.

Well of course he'll get games; I don't think we planned on still having Coleman be our #1 RB at this point.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 03, 2020, 10:34:39 PM
Reply #58

niallfitz92

I’d keep him, think he would push Coleman for the RB spot, now he’s full season under his belt