Bernard (Sub)
2 (9.1%)
Kean (Sub)
0 (0%)
Walcott (Sub)
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: September 22, 2019, 01:06:22 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton - Sunday 2pm KO - skysports  (Read 9808 times)

September 16, 2019, 12:40:12 PM
Reply #540

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
So in consist this . The game to yesterday was so poor, most of the players looks to still be on holiday.  Can't understand  that they can be so off from one week to another... If we continue like this it will same as last year (8 th.)
Or worse

Sent from my SM-G973F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

September 16, 2019, 01:22:51 PM
Reply #541

TSGun

Thought we played ok and did enough to win...but didn't (obviously). The same in the Villa game.

It's just the fine margins of the EPL.

September 16, 2019, 02:43:56 PM
Reply #542

Gary Todd

I'm sorry but how did we play OK? They were better than us all over the park we had the insentive of  third in the league if we had won but as usual we blew it terrible absoultuly terrible....
Thought we played ok and did enough to win...but didn't (obviously). The same in the Villa game.

It's just the fine margins of the EPL.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 16, 2019, 02:57:03 PM
Reply #543

Gash

Global Moderator
Exactly this, did you see him hiding away in the dugout like a coward instead of getting onto the touch line to try and lift and encourage his players through the remainder of the game. That German prick, Pep or Poch would have been up and down like a fiddlers elbow barking out instructions

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 16, 2019, 03:19:16 PM
Reply #544

Macca77

September 16, 2019, 03:23:39 PM
Reply #545

Waltzer

Arteta looking sexy as ever there
Even though he's very unproven, he'd be one of the only options available, if Silva did go, that I'd be on board with. I just fear he will go and Moyes will be back at the top of the betting.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 16, 2019, 03:55:55 PM
Reply #546

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Away again in the Lakes for this one, that's both Villa and this. Getting pissed off having my weekends ruined by hunting for a signal only to find we've lost, away, again.

How bad was it? I can't get a clear picture as some reports seem to suggest there was little in it except the quality of forwards.

My worry is that Silva doesn't know the team he wants to pick. I assume (hope) he is just giving Kean time to get up to Premier league speed. I know it's a lot to expect from a 19 year old but if he is 'one for the future' then we should really have invested a little in someone older who is maybe one for the now.

Fully expect an entertaining home win next and all this to be forgotten. Beat Wednesday and then a freebie against CIty. Sanity returns.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

September 16, 2019, 06:07:13 PM
Reply #547

formerKHL

my 2 cents....

why change a winning team ? What was wrong with Gomes ?

ended up with a disjointed team who didn't seem to function as a team...3 separate units with no one knitting them together AGAIN...having said that I thought we were the better team..their game plan was obviously hit on the break and at home... they scored from a corner that shuda been cleared... an iffy free kick cross/shot that shuda been defended better at the wall....and an over our backs clearance that caught our 2 CB's sleeping...

as for silva..no plan B again..he put on like for like again.....

on a different day we cuda been 2 up at half time..problem is we never have a different day !!

September 16, 2019, 06:08:04 PM
Reply #548

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
my 2 cents....

why change a winning team ? What was wrong with Gomes ?

ended up with a disjointed team who didn't seem to function as a team...3 separate units with no one knitting them together AGAIN...having said that I thought we were the better team..their game plan was obviously hit on the break and at home... they scored from a corner that shuda been cleared... an iffy free kick cross/shot that shuda been defended better at the wall....and an over our backs clearance that caught our 2 CB's sleeping...

as for silva..no plan B again..he put on like for like again.....

on a different day we cuda been 2 up at half time..problem is we never have a different day !!

Gomes was injured
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 16, 2019, 06:49:04 PM
Reply #549

formerKHL

never heard at all why he wasn't playing

September 16, 2019, 06:51:16 PM
Reply #550

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 16, 2019, 06:53:05 PM
Reply #551

formerKHL

oh right ta..wonder how he did that...I was looking yesterday when I heard he wasn't playing but never found anything

September 16, 2019, 06:53:21 PM
Reply #552

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber
Away again in the Lakes for this one, that's both Villa and this. Getting pissed off having my weekends ruined by hunting for a signal only to find we've lost, away, again.

How bad was it? I can't get a clear picture as some reports seem to suggest there was little in it except the quality of forwards.

My worry is that Silva doesn't know the team he wants to pick. I assume (hope) he is just giving Kean time to get up to Premier league speed. I know it's a lot to expect from a 19 year old but if he is 'one for the future' then we should really have invested a little in someone older who is maybe one for the now.

Fully expect an entertaining home win next and all this to be forgotten. Beat Wednesday and then a freebie against CIty. Sanity returns.
I dont think we were as bad as the reaction on here. We had our first choice central midfield pairing (Gbamin and Gomes) out injured, but were probably still the slightly better team, except for their clinical finishing. I thought Gomes was a massive miss, personally.
Individuals made mistakes and we were punished for them.

It showed our squad depth isn't great. We dont have enough depth to properly cover centre mid and centre defence.
Keane and Mina showed their weaknesses when playing high against pace.
Coleman is showing his decline.
Neither of our young forwards are going to be able to lead the line all season.

September 16, 2019, 07:23:41 PM
Reply #553

Lxxx

Anyone got any stats on the Sig's contribution yesterday? I noticed a few times Iwobi cut inside from midway in the their half and looked up to spot a pass but Sig was in the inside right channel with about four players between him and the ball and no Everton player where you want your No 10 to be in that central 20 yard radius.

Silva's inability to sort out that position will be the end of him if we continue to create very little and give soft goals away at the other end.

September 16, 2019, 07:50:56 PM
Reply #554

formerKHL

I dont think we were as bad as the reaction on here. We had our first choice central midfield pairing (Gbamin and Gomes) out injured, but were probably still the slightly better team, except for their clinical finishing. I thought Gomes was a massive miss, personally.
Individuals made mistakes and we were punished for them.

It showed our squad depth isn't great. We dont have enough depth to properly cover centre mid and centre defence.
Keane and Mina showed their weaknesses when playing high against pace.
Coleman is showing his decline.
Neither of our young forwards are going to be able to lead the line all season.

Agree with most of your comments..except the bold underlined.....poor defending from the corner gave them their first goal.....giving a stupid foul away by richarlison   subsequently led to a cross come shot that went in(no one was mor surprised than frazer himself).....a long clearance catching our 2 defenders asleep led to a good finish (the only 1 out of the 3 that was)

I still rate Coleman very highly..still gives a lot and still has a great recovery....

I think with more game time kean will adapt to the pace of the premiership and will come good....but patience must be the watch word with him here....