October 17, 2019, 01:12:14 PM

Author Topic: "Always look on the bright side of life"  (Read 1250 times)

October 07, 2019, 10:09:39 PM
Read 1250 times

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Been sorting things today as we downsize (euphemism for making room for us in the house as well as the junk) and came across a book of football quotes and quips.
Given the underwhelming sense of pleasure in reading the main forum at the moment you can briefly escape here and snatch a smile.

"If you're going to go over the top on me you better put me out of the game or I'll be coming back at you, either in 5 min's or next season"
(Vinnie Jones)

Another one tomorrow.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 08, 2019, 12:16:28 AM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Nice one . I like this idea.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 08, 2019, 04:47:00 AM
Reply #2

Alanvideo

Been sorting things today as we downsize (euphemism for making room for us in the house as well as the junk) and came across a book of football quotes and quips.
Given the underwhelming sense of pleasure in reading the main forum at the moment you can briefly escape here and snatch a smile.

"If you're going to go over the top on me you better put me out of the game or I'll be coming back at you, either in 5 min's or next season"
(Vinnie Jones)

Another one tomorrow.
......................reminds me of a cricket anecdote. Fred Trueman was playing at Bradford Park Avenue which had a pronounced slope to assist his fearsome pace.  Before the game he went in the opposition dressing room and said ''just to warn you lads I'll be coming down that hill a bit sharpish like ''   nod
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 08, 2019, 10:43:35 PM
Reply #3

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
"I've got 14 bookings this season, 8 of which were my fault, and 7 were disputable"
(Paul Gascoigne)
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 08, 2019, 11:29:59 PM
Reply #4

The Analog Kid

"I've got 14 bookings this season, 8 of which were my fault, and 7 were disputable"
(Paul Gascoigne)

Only Gazza!

October 09, 2019, 07:07:17 PM
Reply #5

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
"The last person to score a hat trick in an FA Cup Final was Stan Mortenson. He even had a final named after him, The Matthews Final."
(Laurie McMenemy)

October 09, 2019, 09:49:43 PM
Reply #6

Alanvideo

"The last person to score a hat trick in an FA Cup Final was Stan Mortenson. He even had a final named after him, The Matthews Final."
(Laurie McMenemy)
...........................sounds like a Colemanball  lolol
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 10, 2019, 05:00:20 AM
Reply #7

Mayor Farnum

James Ormond was a pretty ordinary cricketer who managed to play for England in two Ashes Tests. When he came out to bat. Mark Waugh said to him "What are you doing out here? You're too shit to play for England!" Ormond replied: "Maybe so, but at least I'm the best player in my family".
Something clever written by someone else.

October 10, 2019, 05:35:03 PM
Reply #8

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
"We could be putting the hammer in Luton''s coffin"
(Ray Wilkins)

October 10, 2019, 05:46:39 PM
Reply #9

formerKHL

Shankly to Ron Yeats before an Everton Derby Game pointing to Bob Latchford:

"if he moves follow him...It's half time..."

October 11, 2019, 03:50:16 AM
Reply #10

boothill

Glenn mcgrath,  ''whats brian laras cock taste like''?
Sharwan '' dunno,  go and ask your wife''.

Theres a few with mcgrath,  loved giving it,  couldnt take it though

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 11, 2019, 02:08:13 PM
Reply #11

Macca77

Glenn mcgrath,  ''whats brian laras cock taste like''?
Sharwan '' dunno,  go and ask your wife''.

Theres a few with mcgrath,  loved giving it,  couldnt take it though

McGrath went mad when Sarwan said that, his wife was very ill at the time so was understandable really

October 12, 2019, 12:15:32 AM
Reply #12

boothill

Sarwan didnt know that though.  Similar happened with brandes
McGrath went mad when Sarwan said that, his wife was very ill at the time so was understandable really

October 12, 2019, 02:12:04 AM
Reply #13

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
"Hoddle hasn't been the Hoddle we know, and neither has Robson"
(Ron Greenwood)

October 12, 2019, 10:51:43 AM
Reply #14

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The Waugh brothers were terrible. Once a New Zealander came out to bat and his sister or some family member wa s recently killed in a train accident.

As he came out to bat, Mark Waugh starting saying Choo Choo and making train noises.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...