November 15, 2019, 04:10:31 AM

Author Topic: Giroud... Would you?  (Read 2146 times)

November 10, 2019, 09:13:54 PM
Reply #45

kramer0

Iwobi's disguised through ball to DCL yesterday is what we need to be seeing more of. Pace and movement, developing players and partnerships. Give the next manager at least something to inherit and work with.

That sequence summarized everything about the #10 situation

Midfielder plays the ball in to Sigurdsson, who had taken up a position too close to his marker. He takes a horrible touch and has to scrap to get it back to where it came from.

Midfielder then plays the ball out to Digne, who plays it infield. Sigurdsson is late getting into position but Iwobi has tucked in and plays a great through ball to Calvert-Lewin.

Iwobi is our best creative midfield player. He has superior positioning, vision, and dribbling ability. Silva shouldn't be leaving him on the bench.

November 10, 2019, 09:19:23 PM
Reply #46

Evertonian in NC

That sequence summarized everything about the #10 situation

Midfielder plays the ball in to Sigurdsson, who had taken up a position too close to his marker. He takes a horrible touch and has to scrap to get it back to where it came from.

Midfielder then plays the ball out to Digne, who plays it infield. Sigurdsson is late getting into position but Iwobi has tucked in and plays a great through ball to Calvert-Lewin.

Iwobi is our best creative midfield player. He has superior positioning, vision, and dribbling ability. Silva shouldn't be leaving him on the bench.

I go so far as to say he's our best attacking player, period.  Baffles me how so many don't really rate him.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 10, 2019, 09:41:15 PM
Reply #47

Omar

I go so far as to say he's our best attacking player, period.  Baffles me how so many don't really rate him.

It's kind messed up when your Left Back creates more chances than your 10.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

November 11, 2019, 01:34:50 AM
Reply #48

Stumpy

Ffs is this what it's come to? talking about if it would be a good idea to sign a washed up 33 year old.How have we got ourselves into this mess?  We are probably going to have to make do with what we got until the summer,then for Christ sake can someone sort this out.Three seasons without a striker good enough to lead the line it's pathetic,if it was happening at any other club we would be laughing at them.

November 11, 2019, 02:06:08 AM
Reply #49

Paddockoldie

I think I'd rather go for Mitrovic. He's young so will develop and he's a target man. Proven prem scorer too.. What's not to like?

November 11, 2019, 02:10:01 AM
Reply #50

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I’d like to see us go for Ibrahimovic for six months given the choice.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 11, 2019, 02:26:09 AM
Reply #51

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The 50m price tag
I think I'd rather go for Mitrovic. He's young so will develop and he's a target man. Proven prem scorer too.. What's not to like?
Simply simply lovely

November 11, 2019, 02:36:43 AM
Reply #52

Paddockoldie

The 50m price tag

Well, yeah but the markets fucking crazy. He'll get us goals especially with our wingers.. We can't control the market but we could offset the fee by selling Tosun and Schneiderlin.. He'd only be about 30 then.

November 11, 2019, 02:40:57 AM
Reply #53

Bluedylan

Happy cracking on with DCL and Kean. Think Kean will settle eventually and bag a few goals, and DCL is making progress.

Much more worried about the midfield, and our inability to control games generally.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 11, 2019, 02:41:30 AM
Reply #54

Bluedylan

Double post...twat.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 11, 2019, 02:53:33 AM
Reply #55

YankeeBlue214

Happy cracking on with DCL and Kean. Think Kean will settle eventually and bag a few goals, and DCL is making progress.

Much more worried about the midfield, and our inability to control games generally.

Of course no guarantees, but we will be getting back both Bernard, and eventually, Gbamin. Should give us more options and some much-needed stability.

I'm happy with DCL, and Kean too, even if only because there don't appear to be a whole lot of reasonably-priced options available now (January), and who would take short-term deals. Maybe it'll change by January as teams start to fall off, but then you're relying on someone who's a striker on a bad team.

Look at Pepe even, Arsenal paid £72m for him and he's not even starting at times. He's a wide forward but you know what I'm saying.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

November 11, 2019, 02:54:41 AM
Reply #56

arteta4spain

The 50m price tag
Y'know what I'd pay that. It could be worth it in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums[/url

November 11, 2019, 05:39:25 AM
Reply #57

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Lack of goals is the concerning part. A proper forward would help us with that.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 11, 2019, 12:39:53 PM
Reply #58

Bally

Administrator
Iwobi's disguised through ball to DCL yesterday is what we need to be seeing more of. Pace and movement, developing players and partnerships. Give the next manager at least something to inherit and work with.
Iwobi and DCL seem to have a very good understanding together

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

November 11, 2019, 02:11:59 PM
Reply #59

Juanito

Game at Southampton showed us we need a forward with strength, the ability to hold the ball up and pace. Tosun tried, had some nice touches but I would prefer DCL in there for how we like to set up and his confidence is growing. No to Giroud and like BD says, I think Kean will start scoring once we have a balanced side.