February 21, 2020, 10:07:55 PM

Author Topic: Hummel our Kit Supplier Next Season?  (Read 8765 times)

January 10, 2020, 03:03:36 PM
Reply #30

mikey_blue

Parrajumper kits, 400 just for the shirt, 120 for shorts and 70 for socks

Id prefer to pay that than 50 for a Hummel shirt

January 10, 2020, 03:10:39 PM
Reply #31

Bally

Administrator
Grim. Proper sports direct brand. Was excited for the Everton under armour half zips
If you find any HUMMEL in sports direct pick me some up...
XXL please

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

January 10, 2020, 03:17:06 PM
Reply #32

Bally

Administrator
Kids don't want to wear Hummel shirts.
They'll wear Everton kits, just like they did when it went from Umbro to Le Coq Sportif to puma they even wore the ill fated crayola badge kit.
If Hummel do it correctly then it won't matter

We would be the flagship for the brand so would have our own unique template.

What is to lose.

It's the roll I way

January 10, 2020, 03:41:19 PM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It is a bit sports direct like but you have to say Umbro are leaning into slazenger territory themselves.

Hummel at least have a retro vibe and are a football heritage brand.

For me what matters is the dough though more than anything (note:sales and % on the pound obviously part of that).

We aren't getting near the big boys, the leap from our level, West ham Southampton us all about 4m a year, and the likes of the top 6 between 30 and 75m a year (Liverpool technically to surpass that with the structure of their deal).

Would still be v disappointing to drop from 4m a year, and I can't see Hummel having the market penetration or marketing power to drive broader commercial results.... Unless the Danish market is secretly poppin'.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 10, 2020, 03:46:30 PM
Reply #34

Macca77

Hummel deal must be worth more than Umbro, if it's not then what's the point in switching?

January 10, 2020, 03:48:26 PM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Type of sponsor on the kit of a team you see on premier league years constantly losing 2-0.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 10, 2020, 03:58:27 PM
Reply #36

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We'll go with whoever is offering the most money. No reason to doubt that.

Don't suppose Hummel's parent company Thornico have any Uzbeki board members/investors?

January 10, 2020, 04:23:30 PM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We would be without a doubt the biggest club in their portfolio (argument for rangers) and I cannot see any of the sides they sponsor at the moment getting anywhere near 4m a year let alone bettering it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 10, 2020, 04:24:23 PM
Reply #38

JordanianEmbassy

Would have preferred Gola, but happy with Hummel :)

Seriously though nice to have a change.

January 10, 2020, 04:31:49 PM
Reply #39

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
In terms of brand I dont think you can get much lower than Umbro, its absolute garbage. Id prefer under armour, Nike, Adidas, New Balance etc, but if its hummel its hummel, it wont be worst than what we have.

I'd love to see your face when we announce our new 3 year kit partnership with Lonsdale.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 10, 2020, 04:48:43 PM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
They'll wear Everton kits, just like they did when it went from Umbro to Le Coq Sportif to puma they even wore the ill fated crayola badge kit.
If Hummel do it correctly then it won't matter

We would be the flagship for the brand so would have our own unique template.

What is to lose.

Yeah I'm very happy to subvert the category norms and go with a non-traditional brand, opportunity to do something interesting, sometimes known as zigging when others zag.

But I can't see the financial side atm.

I think if it is Hummel there's potentially a sustainable angle or something to it.

January 10, 2020, 04:49:49 PM
Reply #41

boothill

Youve seen it here 1st

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 10, 2020, 04:53:45 PM
Reply #42

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Don't know where the cheap Hummel shouts come from Been inventive and great designs for Denmark. Don't think they have lost it..more concerned about our sponsor deal

January 10, 2020, 05:03:12 PM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don't know where the cheap Hummel shouts come from Been inventive and great designs for Denmark. Don't think they have lost it..more concerned about our sponsor deal

To be fair, I think the sports direct shouts are wide of the mark, my own included.

They are known for innovative and creative designs and some great heritage in the game. The 80s Denmark top is worth a bomb now.

But they don't have the kind of penetration in the English sports/casual wear market that the typical brands do. Even umbro. And they don't have the recognition of those brands either, the biggest English side Hummel currently do is probably Middlesbrough?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:56:34 PM by brap2 »

January 10, 2020, 05:08:31 PM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Youd get leathered round here if you started wearing Hummel gear.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown