February 24, 2020, 01:21:32 PM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 11833 times)

December 15, 2019, 10:28:47 PM
Read 11833 times

sam of the south

Huge shoutout to Tom Davies today.

Booked after 5 minutes at Old Trafford, but kept his head, wasn’t rash, and he was so calm on the ball in that 2nd half.

Him and Holgate really came out with a lot of credit.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 15, 2019, 10:32:14 PM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Booked after 5 minutes at Old Trafford, but kept his head, wasn’t rash, and he was so calm on the ball in that 2nd half.

Personally think you can see Holgate’s stature growing every game.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 15, 2019, 10:33:24 PM
Reply #2

Heisenberg

Tom Davies is boss. Will look 100x better with gbamin next to him also

December 15, 2019, 10:36:26 PM
Reply #3

duncandisorderly

Yeah he did well after the booking, thought he was a certainty to get sent off but kept his head well. Holgate and DCL were fucking fantastic today.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

December 15, 2019, 10:36:55 PM
Reply #4

sam of the south

Personally think you can see Holgate’s stature growing every game.

Very good on the ball, tenacious, and he’s getting stronger.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 15, 2019, 10:38:15 PM
Reply #5

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Very good on the ball, tenacious, and he’s getting stronger.

Yeah he’s definitely looking more of a physical specimen this season
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 15, 2019, 10:40:59 PM
Reply #6

Lazarou

Great to see two young lads looking the part, and against Utd at Old Trafford no less.

Thought Holgate was great playing out of position.
Truth is like poetry. And most people hate poetry.

December 15, 2019, 10:49:21 PM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
Had a rough time lately and is playing with either no central midfield partner or a different one every week so he's done well all things considered.
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.

December 15, 2019, 11:02:22 PM
Reply #8

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Tom Davies is boss. Will look 100x better with gbamin next to him also

Here we can agree :cheers:

A Gbamin/Gomes/Davies midfield now looks even more promising.
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

December 15, 2019, 11:06:48 PM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Great to see two young lads looking the part, and against Utd at Old Trafford no less.

Thought Holgate was great playing out of position.

He wasn’t out of position for me.

He’s a midfielder and that should be his position going forward. I’ve always thought it.

He’s a very good passer, covers ground well, good tackler and an all round very good footballer.

Looks lost when at centre half and he’s too reckless.

Who got a hold of him at a young age and told him he should be a centre half. He just isn’t.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 15, 2019, 11:15:52 PM
Reply #10

Martip

Thought he did well to recover from such an early booking and played well. Keep it up young man.

December 16, 2019, 12:13:41 AM
Reply #11

Heath

Spot on. Thought Davies showed great discipline today and did what was needed without getting drawn into any rash tackles etc. Also, I thought Holgate did very well. Showed great calmness on the ball and was also not scared to have a shot from outside the area when he had the chance.

Was a bit nervy when Davies went over on his ankle.

December 16, 2019, 12:15:49 AM
Reply #12

Waltzer

Thought he played well today, although he could easily of been given a second yellow for the foul on McTom. Apart from that him and Holgate did well

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 16, 2019, 12:18:36 AM
Reply #13

sam of the south

Spot on. Thought Davies showed great discipline today and did what was needed without getting drawn into any rash tackles etc. Also, I thought Holgate did very well. Showed great calmness on the ball and was also not scared to have a shot from outside the area when he had the chance.

Was a bit nervy when Davies went over on his ankle.

Yeah, they both pass forward a lot, too, and find space well.

I’m not saying they are our CM partnership going forward, but I like them both, and I’m really pleased they weren’t completely dominated.
Henry David Thoreau

December 16, 2019, 12:20:39 AM
Reply #14

sam of the south

Thought he played well today, although he could easily of been given a second yellow for the foul on McTom. Apart from that him and Holgate did well

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Yeah, I thought Oliver nearly showed him a second yellow.

However, after letting Lingard escape with just a talking to after his studs up challenge, he probably decided against it.
Henry David Thoreau