August 05, 2020, 07:50:28 PM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 74755 times)

December 16, 2019, 12:20:42 AM
Reply #15

ZVictorOne

He wasnít out of position for me.

Heís a midfielder and that should be his position going forward. Iíve always thought it.

Heís a very good passer, covers ground well, good tackler and an all round very good footballer.

Looks lost when at centre half and heís too reckless.

Who got a hold of him at a young age and told him he should be a centre half. He just isnít.

Absolutely, think he found his position today. Looks like what weíve been looking for since  Gueye left
ZVictorOne

December 16, 2019, 12:25:00 AM
Reply #16

cantoffee

Think him and Holgate being close in age and probably friends helped them today despite not playing beside each other before.

Thought they looked a good compliment together. Not sure there is enough creativity there but with Iwobi as a third or in front of them they might just do the trick.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 16, 2019, 12:40:30 PM
Reply #17

Lazarou

He wasnít out of position for me.

Heís a midfielder and that should be his position going forward. Iíve always thought it.

Heís a very good passer, covers ground well, good tackler and an all round very good footballer.

Looks lost when at centre half and heís too reckless.

Who got a hold of him at a young age and told him he should be a centre half. He just isnít.

Yeah your dead right, I probably should have said unfamiliar position. Really enjoyed his performance.
We canít return to normal because the normal that we had was precisely the problem.

December 16, 2019, 03:32:12 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

Strange no-one has tried Holgate there before.

Heís got a great physique for the position, is comfortable on the ball and without the responsibility of being the last man when he has his customary rush of blood.

Small sample size of course but wouldnít be averse to seeing him there again.

December 16, 2019, 03:33:22 PM
Reply #19

Macca77

Anyone else expect him to get a second yellow yesterday, did very well not to

December 16, 2019, 04:04:19 PM
Reply #20

ajax_andy

Strange no-one has tried Holgate there before.

Heís got a great physique for the position, is comfortable on the ball and without the responsibility of being the last man when he has his customary rush of blood.

Small sample size of course but wouldnít be averse to seeing him there again.

Thought he was excellent I'm there, would be more than happy for him to play there for a while.

Obviously we've been burnt with Rodwell so not getting over excited, but did really think he looked completely at home in midfield

December 16, 2019, 04:08:23 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He played well Holgate, was a lot more combatitive than I thought he'd be, but wouldn't want to see him there long term.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 16, 2019, 04:33:45 PM
Reply #22

Dr. Sponge

Good to have another option in there while Gbamin and Gomes are out, and Delph continues to be a wet lettuce.

December 16, 2019, 06:25:21 PM
Reply #23

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Had forgotten all about Delph.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

December 16, 2019, 06:26:02 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had forgotten all about Delph.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Dreadful signing
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 16, 2019, 06:33:16 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Delph will be another one we can't shift on big wages and contributing very little. It's one step forward and one back.

December 16, 2019, 06:42:40 PM
Reply #26

formerKHL

I've been very critical of Davies on here in the past but credit where credit is due.....

against them across the park I thought he was superb being our only midfielder against one of the best midfields in Europe..

yesterday he was very disciplined...held his position very well and did the simple things...Ö

PS Holgate is actually a right back....and don't get me started on iwobi again....

December 16, 2019, 06:50:27 PM
Reply #27

Thornton_19

Dreadful signing
It would of been so sound if his legs weren't noodles like. Hes just a waste of wages isnt he.

December 16, 2019, 06:55:34 PM
Reply #28

Martip

Dreadful signing
It is the type of signing I'd hoped we d moved away from since Brands landed.

Very expensive for very little benefit.
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

December 16, 2019, 07:00:54 PM
Reply #29

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick