August 11, 2020, 02:45:15 AM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 75040 times)

July 22, 2020, 01:13:28 AM
Reply #420

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Can anyone actually tell me if Davies ever delivered an “outstanding” or even “great” performance out of those 100 appearances ? Or has he just been meh to o.k. at best in 100 appearances then he needs to get rid of.

He definitely had a good match that one time. Kidding aside, I do remember a boss performance during this season but fuck me if I can remember when it was or who it was against. It was post-Carlo I believe.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 22, 2020, 01:22:00 AM
Reply #421

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Exactly. Though what does this say about Baningame? Woof.

I know his age gets brought up a lot, usually preceded by "only," but the lad has played 100 Prem games. Young, old, I don't think it's especially relevant when he's been given that much of a chance.

People here have written Moise Kean off already, yet he's "only" 20, has "only" played the equivalent of 8 1/2 Prem matches, and didn't have the luxury of coming up through the club since he was 16.

Eh, I'd not agree with that. Playing 100 games is a lot sure, but there is still room for plenty of growth at 22. Even if it's just reading the game better. Not many people are the finished article at that age, no matter what you're doing.

At the same time, yes, it might be clearer with some players might not be to the level but I think Davies could pretty reasonably be called something of a mixed bag, so for me that warrants some degree of patience.

As for Kean, I'd imagine you'd agree it's silliness to write him off at this point..? That doesn't really factor in the Davies thing though. Give them both a chance. Kean moreso.

All that said, as mentioned in the previous post, unless Ancelotti has other ideas for him this summer I suspect next season or two will be the deciders. He may well get shipped out, I'd just like to see him have more time under Ancelotti's guidance given the place we've been in as a club the last few years.

July 22, 2020, 01:25:11 AM
Reply #422

GrantyBoy78

He’s not very good and won’t get better but I think he sticks around, next season, purely form a numbers perspective. Beningime and Adeniran have no future here and so we’re thin in the middle of the park. We’ll bring in someone and might even get Gbamin back, but hopefully we’ll move on a couple, too.

If someone came in with decent money for him, I’d sell but can’t see it happening and it’s not like his wages are a burden. He can just be the 4th/5th choice CM.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

July 22, 2020, 01:26:03 AM
Reply #423

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Eh, I'd not agree with that. Playing 100 games is a lot sure, but there is still room for plenty of growth at 22. Even if it's just reading the game better. Not many people are the finished article at that age, no matter what you're doing.

At the same time, yes, it might be clearer with some players might not be to the level but I think Davies could pretty reasonably be called something of a mixed bag, so for me that warrants some degree of patience.

As for Kean, I'd imagine you'd agree it's silliness to write him off at this point..? That doesn't really factor in the Davies thing though. Give them both a chance. Kean moreso.

All that said, as mentioned in the previous post, unless Ancelotti has other ideas for him this summer I suspect next season or two will be the deciders. He may well get shipped out, I'd just like to see him have more time under Ancelotti's guidance given the place we've been in as a club the last few years.

Completely agree re: Kean. But many have written him off. They know who they are.

Guess we'll see how our midfield looks come mid-September but I'm hoping it'll look good enough so that Davies rarely sniffs the starting XI is all.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 22, 2020, 01:30:51 AM
Reply #424

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Completely agree re: Kean. But many have written him off. They know who they are.

Guess we'll see how our midfield looks come mid-September but I'm hoping it'll look good enough so that Davies rarely sniffs the starting XI is all.

Even if Davies is just playing regularly in cup games and rotated into the squad/used as a sub that's still useful for me considering all the problem areas. Plus it can take time for new signings to get up to speed. I think he's good enough to make a contribution to the squad considering where we are at right now is my overall point I suppose and who knows, maybe he can kick on and be better than that. Competition can take everyone up a level, something that's been missing in our midfield for sure.

July 22, 2020, 10:48:28 AM
Reply #425

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Can anyone actually tell me if Davies ever delivered an “outstanding” or even “great” performance out of those 100 appearances ? Or has he just been meh to o.k. at best in 100 appearances then he needs to get rid of.

Not everyone can be great.

If he can come in and be ok for most of the time then keep him.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 22, 2020, 09:26:26 PM
Reply #426

markB

we have to be looking at getting CMF players in and then loan Tom out for a year with not getting into Euro cup