August 09, 2020, 03:43:18 PM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 74967 times)

December 19, 2019, 06:14:09 PM
Reply #45

ajax_andy

Gave the ball away in bad / dangerous positions a few times but other than the his overall performance was really good and that finish was excellent.

With experience hopefully he'll cut out the poor passing at times because that can be costly, but he's definitely becoming a key player for us regardless of injuries

December 19, 2019, 06:24:26 PM
Reply #46

Heath

Tom Davies appears to be improving all the time, which is something that I'm delighted about.

I thought he did well against Leicester City in general. He gave away possession a few times, but that can be expected when you are trying to get the ball moving forward quickly to put pressure on the opposition. The goal he scored was brilliant and probably a lot harder to finish than the two chances Mina got. I just hope he fits in with whatever the new manager has planned.

December 19, 2019, 06:26:08 PM
Reply #47

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah thought he had a mixed game overall but it was a fairly thankless task in the first half.

Great finish and importantly he kept going.

Would still like a system that puts him further forward more often as his footballing ideas (if not always decisions at this stage) are very good.

December 19, 2019, 07:06:00 PM
Reply #48

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Gave the ball away in bad / dangerous positions a few times but other than the his overall performance was really good and that finish was excellent.

With experience hopefully he'll cut out the poor passing at times because that can be costly, but he's definitely becoming a key player for us regardless of injuries

With this extended look we've gotten this year, I've become more & more convinced that he could be one of those guys who, if surrounded by other high quality talent, will be a star. Like some of Liverpool's players. They're not great individually but as a unit are excellent.
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 19, 2019, 07:37:22 PM
Reply #49

ajax_andy

With this extended look we've gotten this year, I've become more & more convinced that he could be one of those guys who, if surrounded by other high quality talent, will be a star. Like some of Liverpool's players. They're not great individually but as a unit are excellent.

Yeah he's got something about him, it just needs time to develop and for him to settle in to a specific role.  He's got things that need ironing out but that's only to be expected with the lack of game time he's had until recently.  I think he's got the potential to be boss, maybe not elite level but certainly he's holding his own now, so a few more years experience and he'll be very very good.

December 19, 2019, 07:44:25 PM
Reply #50

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Really needs to work on the accuracy of his passing. Especially his passing under no pressure that needs to be into space or the players right or left foot. He seems to be about a meter off and causes all sorts of problems for the player receiving the pass.

Kills momentum very often with those passes.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 19, 2019, 07:56:56 PM
Reply #51

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Really needs to work on the accuracy of his passing. Especially his passing under no pressure that needs to be into space or the players right or left foot. He seems to be about a meter off and causes all sorts of problems for the player receiving the pass.

Kills momentum very often with those passes.

I think this has become more noticeable with him as the focal point of the middle. We've been utterly dominated in the midfield these past 3 games with so many out injured.
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 19, 2019, 09:35:27 PM
Reply #52

sam of the south

We've been utterly dominated in the midfield these past 3 games with so many out injured.

I think we’ve been dominated in midfield because of the outdated, traditional 4-4-2 we’ve played has meant that Holgate and Davies have been outnumbered in there.

A tweak to a 4-2-2-2, and they suddenly have some help, plus Bernard and Iwobi look better coming infield, as well.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 20, 2019, 02:30:14 AM
Reply #53

eyesalwaysblue

Considering the dross managers he's endured at such a delicate age..well in Tom lad..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 02, 2020, 07:06:09 AM
Reply #54

GrantyBoy78

I like Tom but he’s going to have to raise his game dramatically if he wants to be part of Ancotti’s squad. He wasn’t alone in being poor today but the amount of times he gave the ball away in bad areas, was criminal. I’ve got no issue with players losing the ball when trying a trough-ball or being dynamic around the opposites box; that’s high risk, high reward stuff. Tom, however, gives the ball away in our third or around the halfway line. Still think there’s a player in there but needs to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 02, 2020, 01:42:32 PM
Reply #55

stirlingblue

I like Tom but he's going to have to raise his game dramatically if he wants to be part of Ancotti's squad. He wasn't alone in being poor today but the amount of times he gave the ball away in bad areas, was criminal. I've got no issue with players losing the ball when trying a trough-ball or being dynamic around the opposites box; that's high risk, high reward stuff. Tom, however, gives the ball away in our third or around the halfway line. Still think there's a player in there but needs to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

He had a poor game yesterday but it seemed like he was takibg the responsibility for trying to lay through the press at least

January 02, 2020, 01:45:02 PM
Reply #56

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
He looked absolutely knackered imo. He makes some poor passes but a couple of those that he made yesterday looked suspiciously like they were made by a player dead on his feet.

January 02, 2020, 02:11:49 PM
Reply #57

Waltzer

I'm worried about some of the training we've got going on if people's levels are dropping like this, I get that it's a busy period but there is a team not that far away that played in the club world Cup final, then came back and smashed Leicester away with pretty much the same team in a similar time frame. You don't see their players that tired that they can hardly pass the ball like Tom yesterday

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 02, 2020, 02:36:50 PM
Reply #58

Macca77

He was shite yesterday, then again most of them team were

January 02, 2020, 02:39:27 PM
Reply #59

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I'm worried about some of the training we've got going on if people's levels are dropping like this, I get that it's a busy period but there is a team not that far away that played in the club world Cup final, then came back and smashed Leicester away with pretty much the same team in a similar time frame. You don't see their players that tired that they can hardly pass the ball like Tom yesterday

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Maybe its not us doing something abnormal?