August 05, 2020, 08:10:44 PM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 74756 times)

January 02, 2020, 02:41:36 PM
Reply #60

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm worried about some of the training we've got going on if people's levels are dropping like this, I get that it's a busy period but there is a team not that far away that played in the club world Cup final, then came back and smashed Leicester away with pretty much the same team in a similar time frame. You don't see their players that tired that they can hardly pass the ball like Tom yesterday

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May well be directing that question at the wrong club 😉

Not many players can keep that level of physical endurance for 2 years and pick up next to no fatigue related injuries or display signs of fatigue in general 😉

January 02, 2020, 03:00:46 PM
Reply #61

ajax_andy

Maybe its not us doing something abnormal?

Playing at a high level every game is difficult, but when you're on a run with trophies to win that level of consistency can be achieved just purely through desire to achieve specific goals.

We've had to drag ourselves up from the doldrums to achieve a higher level of performance which is mentally and physically draining, much more than being on a roll where all.you have to do is maintain a standard you're already achieving.

It's been a herculean effort to get the results we have recently, which is very different to what Liverpool have been doing (as impressive as it is)

January 02, 2020, 03:11:32 PM
Reply #62

GrantyBoy78

Maybe its not us doing something abnormal?
Horse placentas...

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 02, 2020, 03:15:39 PM
Reply #63

GrantyBoy78

Playing at a high level every game is difficult, but when you're on a run with trophies to win that level of consistency can be achieved just purely through desire to achieve specific goals.

We've had to drag ourselves up from the doldrums to achieve a higher level of performance which is mentally and physically draining, much more than being on a roll where all.you have to do is maintain a standard you're already achieving.

It's been a herculean effort to get the results we have recently, which is very different to what Liverpool have been doing (as impressive as it is)
Makes a massive difference when you can get games won early on and then just manage the game out, then rotate a bit for the next one.

Weve had the same players playing every 3 days for weeks. And weve had to play at 100% intensity to get results.

It will get better, but probably not until the Brighton game.

January 02, 2020, 03:20:48 PM
Reply #64

GrantyBoy78

He looked absolutely knackered imo. He makes some poor passes but a couple of those that he made yesterday looked suspiciously like they were made by a player dead on his feet.
Schedule aside, its clear hes not a natural athlete.

This league is getting ever more so about pace and athleticism. Most be frustrating when youre a player like Tom, Bernard or even Osman, back in the day; constantly up against taller, stronger, quicker players.

Osman wouldve been twice the player if he had the physique and physical attributes of someone like Rodwell...just as Rodwell would actually still have a career if he had the work ethic and determination of Osman!

January 02, 2020, 03:24:20 PM
Reply #65

Ramjam

Makes a massive difference when you can get games won early on and then just manage the game out, then rotate a bit for the next one.

We've had the same players playing every 3 days for weeks. And we've had to play at 100% intensity to get results.

It will get better, but probably not until the Brighton game.

Brighton will be no push over they have already taken a couple of big scalps this season and I can see them sharing the points with us next week

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 02, 2020, 05:07:38 PM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Getting absolute pelters on twitter by our fans as usual of course
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2020, 05:36:26 PM
Reply #67

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Getting a bit worried about his future now.

He puts in that type of performance a lot more than he should.

If he cant get a base level performance to him then Carlo wont trust him.

For someone of his age and energy he really should get about the pitch a lot better than he does

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 02, 2020, 05:39:45 PM
Reply #68

Cereal Killer

Not the first and wont be the last to look dogshit away to City as he isnt some world class superstar midfielder whos going to boss the game, people should get a grip on reality

January 02, 2020, 05:40:21 PM
Reply #69

UnsyisaRhino

He looked like he was running on empty tbh.

What gives me hope is that he tends to try to do the right thing more often than not, but like so many others yesterday, he just disnt get it right often enough.

Outside of his goal richarlison was the same, and so were most of our creative players.

January 02, 2020, 05:43:08 PM
Reply #70

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I think Delphs  is a good option to come off the bench to close a game out but hes been an underwhelming signing - hampered by injuries of course but that wasnt an unusual occurrence at City was it?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 02, 2020, 05:50:54 PM
Reply #71

Macca77

Has more bad games than good, felt sorry for him yesterday though, was meant to be on the bench, was thrown in because of Bernards injury, played out of position, but looked fucked after 20 mins.

January 02, 2020, 06:03:04 PM
Reply #72

Martip

I think Delphs  is a good option to come off the bench to close a game out but hes been an underwhelming signing - hampered by injuries of course but that wasnt an unusual occurrence at City was it?
This is the thing isnt it - he has had recurring injuries for many years so no reason to believe this was going to improve given his age.

TBH felt like a lazy signing and the type I d hoped we d moved away from with Brands coming in.
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

January 02, 2020, 08:10:47 PM
Reply #73

Heisenberg

Has more bad games than good, felt sorry for him yesterday though, was meant to be on the bench, was thrown in because of Bernards injury, played out of position, but looked fucked after 20 mins.

To be fair. Hes our what, 5th choice CM? Maybe 6th no Gyilfi has dropped back. Whenever Davies is starting its because were down to bare bones. So hes never going to have a decent partner either so its always likely we will get overrun. Not really great for development either.

Hes had a tough time under some truly shite managers . Hes only a year or so younger than Kean but the attitude to the two players are chalk and cheese. Fans are a lot less patient with English young players than foreign ones. Stones is good example, fans constantly on his case but pep seen something in him, took him and he won all sorts
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 08:13:38 PM by Heisenberg »

January 02, 2020, 09:54:09 PM
Reply #74

Bluedylan

Had an excellent game vs Newcastle. Not worried about him at all. Dead on his feet yesterday, and it was a massive ask to get him to play the full 90 out of position.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.