August 05, 2020, 08:45:58 PM

Author Topic: Carlo’s Way  (Read 40724 times)

December 23, 2019, 08:43:19 PM
Read 40724 times

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

A lot of people - some so called experts are saying he’s not a good fit for our club. But after reading lots of articles about his formations and playstyles I reckon with a few adjustments, notably up top, I reckon the current core of our squad, with a few specific, quality additions wont be a million miles from what he will require to get us challenging for Europe.

Read too many pages but the 4-3-3 or rather a 4-3-2-1 pops up a lot. So maybe, assuming everyone is fit and Kean shows the quality that was expected:

Pickford

Sidibie/SC ——- Holgate ——- Mina ——- Digne

Gbamin
Delph/TD/GS ————— Gomes/TD/GS

Kean/AI/TW ——— Richarlison/B/AI

DCL/Kean/IBRA!

I guess we will see in the next few games, but in the past, managers havent changed things around significantly against either teams that park the bus (Burnley) or teams that play Def/Counter (RS/Leicester) and we have been gobsmacked when we dont adjust our play to their tactics. But I think Carlo’s way will be a lot different to what we have been used to of late, a lot more fluid, changing and reactive and not as exposed or outthought.

I dont think we will see much change in the players vs Burnley and possibly not much change in formation, but if we can retain the fighting spirit, I do expect we will play a lot more intelligent and clinical football, not scared to play, and express but still sometimes take a pragmatic approach, but finding a better balance rather than kick and rush and then panic reaction. A lot more professional. What do other people expect?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:59:03 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

December 23, 2019, 09:11:49 PM
Reply #1

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
He played a 4-4-2, or 4-4-2 double 6, for his time at Napoli, and a 4-2-3-1 at Bayern, but their team was built to do that effectively (they used it before, and after him as well). aka they have Robert Lewandowski and world-class midfielders/wings. Madrid was both, plus a 4-3-3, but if can remember an article I read correctly, the 4-3-3 was at the owner's insistence because of how they would build the formation around Ronaldo. Not certain of that.

Given our current squad, I'd be surprised if he didn't stick with 4-4-2 or its variations, but hey, as the man himself said in his press conference today, anything's possible!
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 23, 2019, 09:14:04 PM
Reply #2

Dr. Sponge

His Playbook?

Everything I've read suggests he will adapt his tactics to suit the players he has, so on the basis of that you'd have to work out who our most important players are and fit them in.

Depends heavily on his opinion of Sigurdsson, but I think he will look to build this season around:

DCL
Richarlison
Iwobi
Bernard

To get all of those players in the side and in their best positions, I'd say something like a 4321

Pickford

Sidibe Mina Holgate Digne

Davies Schneiderlin
Iwobi

Richarlison Bernard

DCL

Or a 4222

Pickford

Sidibe Mina Holgate Digne

Davies Schneiderlin

Iwobi Bernard

DCL Richarlison

Not including the injured posse.

December 23, 2019, 09:20:10 PM
Reply #3

bigmanbob

December 23, 2019, 09:25:06 PM
Reply #4

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Who, how what???

lol

442 (can be called a 'double 6' if lined up in a 4222 diamond shape) as opposed to a 442 flat with is what you think it is.
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 23, 2019, 09:26:55 PM
Reply #5

bigmanbob

Jesus, FIFA has got a hell of a lot to answer for

December 23, 2019, 09:28:53 PM
Reply #6

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus, FIFA has got a hell of a lot to answer for

It does seem very "football managerish" doesn't it? haha
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 23, 2019, 10:13:47 PM
Reply #7

Everton Mint

Until he gets some new players in and/ or back from injury I'll be surprised if he changes things very much tactically.

It'll be more about how he can change the existing players attitude and mentality. They need confidence and calmness and belief in what they are being told.

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 23, 2019, 10:19:59 PM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator

Sounds more like an "American soccerism".

December 23, 2019, 10:22:13 PM
Reply #9

GoodisonPk

This squad isn’t good enough. We need a statement type player like a Cavani or similar. The first one would be the hardest to get. This window may not be the one to bring in such a player but needs to be the one to get rid of Tosuns and Scheiderlins.

December 23, 2019, 10:30:21 PM
Reply #10

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds more like an "American soccerism".

Hey I didn't make it up.
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 23, 2019, 10:32:47 PM
Reply #11

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
This squad isn’t good enough. We need a statement type player like a Cavani or similar. The first one would be the hardest to get. This window may not be the one to bring in such a player but needs to be the one to get rid of Tosuns and Scheiderlins.

Who's going to pay Tosun the 55k/week he's guaranteed through June 2022, or the 100k/week Schneiderlin is guaranteed through June 2021?
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 23, 2019, 10:37:36 PM
Reply #12

Martip

Who's going to pay Tosun the 55k/week he's guaranteed through June 2022, or the 100k/week Schneiderlin is guaranteed through June 2021?
Hopefully the same morons that took on Cleverly and McCarthy etc !
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

December 23, 2019, 10:38:58 PM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

..sake.. did Steve Walsh ever get another job after us ?

December 23, 2019, 10:40:17 PM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

I ain't even posted in this here thread yet, Consarnit!

/damn it, screwed up the quote thingy, don't mind me is a 2-pill morning

//as I said to some friends the other day, Carlo could shit in my hat, and I'd still have the same stupid smile on my face
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 10:41:50 PM by Evertonian in NC »
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin