February 21, 2020, 05:08:37 AM

Author Topic: Carlo’s Way  (Read 15562 times)

December 24, 2019, 01:15:12 AM
Reply #30

Thomas

BTW, when googling for those links I came across these two superb articles about his history, tactical approach, and man management which deserve some space of their own.

https://footballchronicle.co/2019/10/16/how-carlo-ancelottis-playing-career-inspired-his-role-on-the-touchline/

https://leadersinsport.com/performance/coaching-and-development/carlo-ancelotti/

Tar pal

December 24, 2019, 01:25:19 AM
Reply #31

Trowel

I've watched this twice now, and it still looks like we've won a competition to have Carlo fucking Ancelloti take training for a day 😍
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 24, 2019, 01:35:19 AM
Reply #32

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 24, 2019, 01:38:36 AM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Seems weird seeing him as a young man running around like that.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 24, 2019, 01:41:55 AM
Reply #34

Shogun

Administrator
Seems weird seeing him as a young man running around like that.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

He looks like a man that has never been young
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.

December 24, 2019, 01:59:56 AM
Reply #35

eyesalwaysblue

I've watched this twice now, and it still looks like we've won a competition to have Carlo fucking Ancelloti take training for a day 😍
And he lost?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 24, 2019, 05:01:32 AM
Reply #36

Makis

Yeah, that's where Gbamin comes in (for me). As a holding MF anyway, it'd be his job to cover for Sidibe when he presses forward. When I read about Carlo's tactical approach at Napoli (442 defending, 442 double 6/diamond whatever you want to call in attacking), he does use both FBs to attack, and the back 2 MFs cover where applicable. He also presses to a man as opposed to an entire team pressing. This allows the non-pressing players to focus on cutting off passing lanes. Granted this will also required those "interceptors" to have back up in case the pass does get by them. But I can easily see both Sidibe & Digne on the pitch at the same time.

I think many people get caught up in the "Sidibe is always out of position" nonsense when in fact he's doing what any good attack-minded FB does. We just don't have the MF support to provide cover effectively, and haven't all year. Sidibe leads the team in tackles & interceptions per game, btw.
When has he last used a pure midfield enforcer? He seems to favour a someone who can ping the ball around, at least since he moved Pirlo from attacking midfielder back.

And I don't criticize Sidibe but he would need to play a game alien to him if he stayed back while Digne bombs forward.

December 24, 2019, 05:48:11 AM
Reply #37

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
When has he last used a pure midfield enforcer? He seems to favour a someone who can ping the ball around, at least since he moved Pirlo from attacking midfielder back.

And I don't criticize Sidibe but he would need to play a game alien to him if he stayed back while Digne bombs forward.

It's a good question, and hard to say, because the last...4 teams prior to Bayern didn't use one (they didn't need to). That said, I'm no expert on him; I only saw him play maybe 3 matches last year, but I checked real quick on whoscored and Gbamin's passing is excellent, both high volume and completion %. Plus I don't think he's just an enforcer. He's like Gana-lite and even joins the attack when warranted (2 goals last year). It can work IMO!
"He’s a thread killer. Like the threads are technically active but he seems to suck the life out of them. He’s high maintenance and I think my type of personality is massively turned off by that sort of annoying antics."

"Yeah, i kinda gone right off Yankee. Annoying."

December 26, 2019, 04:13:21 AM
Reply #38

Thomas

December 26, 2019, 12:35:40 PM
Reply #39

Thomas

For a blueprint of what can be achieved by good leadership look at BATE Borisov who literally went from 3rd Division tractor workers to undisputed champions since 2006 of Belarus and CL regulars

December 26, 2019, 03:19:48 PM
Reply #40

Toddacelli

For a blueprint of what can be achieved by good leadership look at BATE Borisov who literally went from 3rd Division tractor workers to undisputed champions since 2006 of Belarus

You think this is a blueprint that fits with what we need?

Or are you saying there's lessons we can learn here?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 26, 2019, 03:53:02 PM
Reply #41

Thomas

You think this is a blueprint that fits with what we need?

Or are you saying there's lessons we can learn here?

Lessons to learn

December 26, 2019, 04:28:48 PM
Reply #42

Toddacelli

Lessons to learn

Thanks for sharing the vid but why don't you share the main takeaways with us? Be arsed watching a 6min vid on Bate from the Belarussian 3rd division!

December 26, 2019, 04:49:02 PM
Reply #43

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 26, 2019, 04:59:30 PM
Reply #44

Toddacelli

Another lovely piece in the national media, by a Liverpool fan - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/everton-vs-burnley-carlo-ancelotti-manager-latest-news-a9259996.html

Didn't think it was that bad to be honest. The last line is "As long as his energy and appetite match his ability and experience, Everton will be heading for better times."

The only question for me is why we needed another article questioning Ancelotti's ability. But as it is a different type of challenge at Everton I can understand people wondering if he has the tools. I just think it's cheeky to question a man who has achieved so much already.