August 09, 2020, 02:59:55 PM

Author Topic: Carlo’s Way  (Read 41086 times)

December 26, 2019, 05:01:42 PM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

Didn't think it was that bad to be honest. The last line is "As long as his energy and appetite match his ability and experience, Everton will be heading for better times."

The only question for me is why we needed another article questioning Ancelotti's ability. But as it is a different type of challenge at Everton I can understand people wondering if he has the tools. I just think it's cheeky to question a man who has achieved so much already.

I thought it was awful, and absolutely dripping with negativity about Everton. Talks about us like we're Sunderland or worse. Horrible little man, Tony Evans. Expect better from the Independent.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 26, 2019, 05:12:57 PM
Reply #46

Toddacelli

I thought it was awful, and absolutely dripping with negativity about Everton. Talks about us like we're Sunderland or worse. Horrible little man, Tony Evans. Expect better from the Independent.

Fair enough. There was some in there, so I do know exactly what you're saying but it didn't enrage me like some pieces have recently.

I must be still in a Christmas feelgood bubble. Oh well - we play Burnley in a bit so I doubt it will last. Up the Toffees!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 26, 2019, 05:16:25 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 26, 2019, 05:20:17 PM
Reply #48

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Won’t catch me reading anything written by Tony Evans about Everton.

His agenda is clear. As you can see come derby day and his outrageous accusations about chants from our fans.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 26, 2019, 05:23:59 PM
Reply #49

Bluedylan

Won’t catch me reading anything written by Tony Evans about Everton.

His agenda is clear. As you can see come derby day and his outrageous accusations about chants from our fans.

Just saw it was the Independent and thought might be a balanced piece and genuinely didn't realise it was him til about half way through the article I was like 'who the fuck wrote this utter tripe?'. Detestable little fella isn't he?

Obviously I'm biased, but I genuinely can't think of a sizeable club that's treated worse by the mainstream media than us. I get that we don't help ourselves sometimes, but there absolutely no need for it. The number of publications and outlets who get Liverpool fans to do their Everton coverage, and don't give a fuck, is pretty grim.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 05:27:08 PM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 26, 2019, 05:28:43 PM
Reply #50

Toddacelli

See this is why I get my news from NSNO - shit gets filtered out by some very well-informed posters on here so I don't have to worry about it.

I'm so fucking lazy but I love you guys!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 26, 2019, 06:52:39 PM
Reply #51

Trowel

For contrast, a sensible balanced article from Gabrielle Marcotti yesterday

Edit - just realised this complements the video Thomas posted on the last page.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/everton/story/4019398/everton-are-an-entirely-new-challenge-for-a-manager-like-carlo-ancelotti-proceed-with-caution
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 07:03:48 PM by Trowel »
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 26, 2019, 07:07:46 PM
Reply #52

sam of the south

Just saw it was the Independent and thought might be a balanced piece and genuinely didn't realise it was him til about half way through the article I was like 'who the fuck wrote this utter tripe?'. Detestable little fella isn't he?

Obviously I'm biased, but I genuinely can't think of a sizeable club that's treated worse by the mainstream media than us. I get that we don't help ourselves sometimes, but there absolutely no need for it. The number of publications and outlets who get Liverpool fans to do their Everton coverage, and don't give a fuck, is pretty grim.

There’s your answer as to why we’re treated as we are: we are a big, historical, successful club that inconveniently occupies the same city as the club that the media adores.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 26, 2019, 07:43:20 PM
Reply #53

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
For contrast, a sensible balanced article from Gabrielle Marcotti yesterday

Edit - just realised this complements the video Thomas posted on the last page.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/everton/story/4019398/everton-are-an-entirely-new-challenge-for-a-manager-like-carlo-ancelotti-proceed-with-caution

Not bad. Parts of it read closely to many other articles about him coming to us and us some of the same rationale behind the "yeah, but" objections. But at least he plays down/dismisses 2 of the dumbest ones: him not spending more than 2 years anywhere, and the lackadaisical training rumors.

And I do like that he's the first person to even discuss the FFP aspects by recognizing that you can't spend spend spend until the books are cleaned out (though he didn't take into consideration new revenue streams that can work in our favor and mitigate some of this).
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 26, 2019, 07:52:29 PM
Reply #54

Fynci

See this is why I get my news from NSNO - shit gets filtered out by some very well-informed posters on here so I don't have to worry about it.

I'm so fucking lazy but I love you guys!

I’ve actually blocked all UK news media on my devices, I only get my Everton news here!

December 26, 2019, 09:20:31 PM
Reply #55

Thomas

Not bad. Parts of it read closely to many other articles about him coming to us and us some of the same rationale behind the "yeah, but" objections. But at least he plays down/dismisses 2 of the dumbest ones: him not spending more than 2 years anywhere, and the lackadaisical training rumors.

And I do like that he's the first person to even discuss the FFP aspects by recognizing that you can't spend spend spend until the books are cleaned out (though he didn't take into consideration new revenue streams that can work in our favor and mitigate some of this).

He discussed revenue streams as we are 7th in UK and 17th in the world but to beat FFP we need a stadium. Also Spurs are 6th and we make less than half what they do and that's before their post new stadium accounts.

December 26, 2019, 09:21:58 PM
Reply #56

Thomas

Thanks for sharing the vid but why don't you share the main takeaways with us? Be arsed watching a 6min vid on Bate from the Belarussian 3rd division!
With the right owner and a coach dedicated to working with the team who knew its philosophy and utilised youth they went from....
3rd Division tractor workers to undisputed champions since 2006 of Belarus and CL regulars

December 26, 2019, 10:58:00 PM
Reply #57

Martip

We are winning the league
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

December 26, 2019, 11:11:33 PM
Reply #58

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 28, 2019, 01:33:17 AM
Reply #59

ajax_andy

Really impressed with the fluid formation depending on if we were attacking or defending.  We've struggled for a while now to break down teams that sit back, and a manager who couldn't find a single idea on how to combat that.

Ancelotti in his first game manages to come up with a solution that have us more chance of breaking down a team sitting back, but also kept is solid in case of a counter.

I'm not used to this kind of tactical prowess, gets me incredibly excited about our future with him at the helm!