February 21, 2020, 09:55:53 PM

Author Topic: Carlo’s Way  (Read 15597 times)

December 28, 2019, 01:40:43 AM
Reply #60

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Really impressed with the fluid formation depending on if we were attacking or defending.  We've struggled for a while now to break down teams that sit back, and a manager who couldn't find a single idea on how to combat that.

Ancelotti in his first game manages to come up with a solution that have us more chance of breaking down a team sitting back, but also kept is solid in case of a counter.

I'm not used to this kind of tactical prowess, gets me incredibly excited about our future with him at the helm!

It's no wonder there's been so much debate over what the formations actually were. I think everyone forgot!
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

December 28, 2019, 02:24:22 AM
Reply #61

arteta4spain

Was saying to my mate/boss today that it make sense and it’s all in one movement in a way. Very fluid and the fact that we were able to execute in a short space of time considering what it was like under Silva is very encouraging.
He went the game and is it true that nearly every outfield player had an attempt on goal? If so that again is very encouraging that we’re looking at getting everyone involved and with that increases the possibility of getting on the scoreboard!

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

December 28, 2019, 02:28:10 AM
Reply #62

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Was saying to my mate/boss today that it make sense and it’s all in one movement in a way. Very fluid and the fact that we were able to execute in a short space of time considering what it was like under Silva is very encouraging.
He went the game and is it true that nearly every outfield player had an attempt on goal? If so that again is very encouraging that we’re looking at getting everyone involved and with that increases the possibility of getting on the scoreboard!

It is indeed true, didn't notice that myself!
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

December 28, 2019, 08:51:53 AM
Reply #63

Thomas

December 28, 2019, 09:02:26 AM
Reply #64

Shogun

Administrator

I don't particularly rate these guys on their football opinion (though TG has some decent podcasts) and watched this the other day.

A few have brought up Ancelotti coming to us for money. I'm sure he could get better jobs for similar money at other places. Nobody said Jose was going to Spurs for money even though he's reportedly on £4m more a year than Carlo. Do they think Guardiola works for free at Man City? Of course not, he's on £20m a year.
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.

December 28, 2019, 10:39:13 AM
Reply #65

Old England Toffee

I don't particularly rate these guys on their football opinion (though TG has some decent podcasts) and watched this the other day.

A few have brought up Ancelotti coming to us for money. I'm sure he could get better jobs for similar money at other places. Nobody said Jose was going to Spurs for money even though he's reportedly on £4m more a year than Carlo. Do they think Guardiola works for free at Man City? Of course not, he's on £20m a year.
I find them lot refreshing as they have a fairly normal chat and listen to each other, rather than the normal who can shout the loudest and have the most outrageous opinion competition.

One of the most promising aspects for me with that first game, is the hope that we can stop being predictable. Opposition managers have been able to predict our starting lineup and tactics for a long long time. Doesnt need drastic changes, just a few positional tweaks and putting players in different areas of the pitch at different times is enough to keep the opposition guessing.

December 28, 2019, 11:24:46 AM
Reply #66

Bluedylan

Bellends the pair of them. Delusional Newcastle fan, and a posh RS knobhead.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 28, 2019, 10:11:25 PM
Reply #67

Thomas

Agreed. He could have easily went to China.

I also find TG comment about Newcastle being on a similar level to be a bit wierd.

December 28, 2019, 10:56:05 PM
Reply #68

Cozzie

Those subs he made today nearly made me cry, in a good way.

Finally a manager who actually knows how to tactically game manage a game.

December 29, 2019, 06:35:57 PM
Reply #69

Morta75

He always have a top notc striker in the teams he have managed. I really think he will bring inn one @ Everton also. Maybe not before the summer window, but still think he will bring in quality in that spot.

December 29, 2019, 06:51:51 PM
Reply #70

Evertonian in NC

I mean, that's the fucking point for hiring a professional manager, innit?  They'll expect to be paid commensurate to the value of their services.  It's a business, after all.

Me, I'd do it for love (and maybe a 10% pay rise over my soul-sucking attorney job), but I suspect y'all would notice the dip in quality.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

December 29, 2019, 06:54:57 PM
Reply #71

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I mean, that's the fucking point for hiring a professional manager, innit?  They'll expect to be paid commensurate to the value of their services.  It's a business, after all.

Me, I'd do it for love (and maybe a 10% pay rise over my soul-sucking attorney job), but I suspect y'all would notice the dip in quality.
Not if you had yankeeblue as your number 1.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 29, 2019, 06:57:30 PM
Reply #72

Evertonian in NC

Not if you had yankeeblue as your number 1.

YankeeBlue could keep everyone motivated, and I would ask Bainesy what he thought I should do.

December 29, 2019, 07:16:12 PM
Reply #73

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
YankeeBlue could keep everyone motivated, and I would ask Bainesy what he thought I should do.
to good to use Dunc are you??.

December 29, 2019, 07:22:50 PM
Reply #74

Evertonian in NC

to good to use Dunc are you??.

Big Dunc would probably be too pissed off at my hiring and quit.  And deciphering between my accent and YankeeBlue's would likely drive him mental if he didn't.