July 11, 2020, 12:43:53 PM

Author Topic: Mason Holgate  (Read 22628 times)

December 27, 2019, 07:18:44 PM
Reply #15

Nicco

Was thinking this during the game last night.
I always thought he was all skills and no brain to utilise them. But to my surprise he is almost the opposite.
He reads the game very well and shows a lot more understanding than I have given him credit for.

Its almost as he possesses the brain that John Stones thinks he has. He is not as skillfull though but rather a clever footballer with a little less skills than the other way round.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

December 27, 2019, 07:32:12 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Genuinely didn't think he had this run of form and potential in him, which is always lovely when a young(ish) player surprises you and really steps up when the club is in a period of crisis. Go ed Mason. You've been an absolute credit to yourself in this rough period.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 27, 2019, 07:45:16 PM
Reply #17

djws1788

Its almost as he possesses the brain that John Stones thinks he has. He is not as skillfull though but rather a clever footballer with a little less skills than the other way round.

I remember when we bought Holgate, word from the Barnsley fans was that he was going to be better than Stones. If he keeps improving at this rate, he will be

December 27, 2019, 07:48:31 PM
Reply #18

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
May even keep Gbamin out when he's ready to come back.

Playing FM20 24/7.

December 27, 2019, 07:49:06 PM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I remember when we bought Holgate, word from the Barnsley fans was that he was going to be better than Stones. If he keeps improving at this rate, he will be

I remember that too. He's had a tough career so far and was pretty much put on the scrapheap by a couple of our managers and loans that didn't pay off for him so well (WBA I think was one). But he has stepped up extremely well this past month or so and it looks like his hard work is paying off.

I haven't heard about John Stones in what seems like an age. Does he still play for City?
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

December 27, 2019, 07:55:29 PM
Reply #20

Cozzie

Makes me feel genuinely relieved when his deputy is Michael Keane.

December 27, 2019, 07:57:05 PM
Reply #21

NickNack

I remember that too. He's had a tough career so far and was pretty much put on the scrapheap by a couple of our managers and loans that didn't pay off for him so well (WBA I think was one). But he has stepped up extremely well this past month or so and it looks like his hard work is paying off.

I haven't heard about John Stones in what seems like an age. Does he still play for City?
Stones has been injured - again. Based on the last few games Holgate has been playing far better than the last few times I’ve seen Stones who really seems to have gone backwards. I’d take Holgate on current form to Stones any day.

December 27, 2019, 08:17:33 PM
Reply #22

duncandisorderly

Been brilliant hasnt he, really stepped up when we've needed it the most. Massive credit to him.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

December 27, 2019, 09:02:15 PM
Reply #23

Dr. Sponge

He was brilliant yesterday. Looked very assured on the ball, which we need our CBs to be against teams that concede possession to us.

December 27, 2019, 09:09:59 PM
Reply #24

Heisenberg

With defenders you can only learn by making mistakes. The thing with Holgate I always find he has the pace to resolve his own mistakes. Whereas with Keane his mistakes often lead to goals. He should be part of the main CB until summer probably

December 27, 2019, 09:36:05 PM
Reply #25

Toddacelli

Showing my lack of knowledge about Gbamin there, rather than over-hyping young Mason. All I know about Gbamin is that he is also a very young player with room to grow.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 27, 2019, 09:40:11 PM
Reply #26

Robioto

May even keep Gbamin out when he's ready to come back.

I keep forgetting we've got Gbamin! He's back soon isn't he?

December 27, 2019, 09:41:15 PM
Reply #27

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Love him, bit of a snide too, which i love even more!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

December 27, 2019, 09:50:53 PM
Reply #28

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Showing my lack of knowledge about Gbamin there, rather than over-hyping young Mason. All I know about Gbamin is that he is also a very young player with room to grow.

😂

I know about as much as you, my friend. I just really, really want to see what we got. Especially considering he was slated to be our "replacement for Gana." Talk about damning a guy before he begins lol.
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 27, 2019, 10:18:57 PM
Reply #29

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Oddly, turned out to be one of my favourite players of the season so far. Reminds me a tiny bit of when Coleman first came into the side, we needed a bit of youthful drive/optimism at that point too and Holgate has added that to both CB and DM.