July 11, 2020, 11:46:03 AM

Author Topic: Mason Holgate  (Read 22624 times)

December 27, 2019, 10:25:03 PM
Reply #30

velimski

Nobody really knows about Gbamin do they? Well nobody other than fans of the German team he used to play for that I can't remember the name of.

December 27, 2019, 10:25:34 PM
Reply #31

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

That could as well be the answer for the question is michael Kean better than Mason Holgate ?   And some say the worst signing we have made is Gylfi....

December 27, 2019, 10:41:35 PM
Reply #32

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Nobody really knows about Gbamin do they? Well nobody other than fans of the German team he used to play for that I can't remember the name of.

Mainz, Mr. Smarty-pants
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 27, 2019, 10:45:32 PM
Reply #33

BlueForYou

Favourite player this season and due an England call up

Reminds me of Yobo and loved him, too
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 27, 2019, 11:06:42 PM
Reply #34

Evertonian in NC

Was thinking this during the game last night.
I always thought he was all skills and no brain to utilise them. But to my surprise he is almost the opposite.
He reads the game very well and shows a lot more understanding than I have given him credit for.

Its almost as he possesses the brain that John Stones thinks he has. He is not as skillfull though but rather a clever footballer with a little less skills than the other way round.

Good God, every bit of this is just so spot on.  Mason's body/experience finally caught up with his brain.  No surprise Big Dunc singled him out as an emerging leader.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

December 27, 2019, 11:07:38 PM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

Mainz, Mr. Smarty-pants

Also, I love betting on Mainz.  They are never boring.

Bundesliga coming to ESPN+ next season, I can watch all their matches!

December 27, 2019, 11:07:59 PM
Reply #36

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Favourite player this season and due an England call up

Reminds me of Yobo and loved him, too
My like was mostly for the Yobo part - fantastic guy - fantastic player - he sure made his mistakes but I've forgiven him for all (not that there were that many)

December 27, 2019, 11:14:45 PM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

Remember when yobo first signed for the first 10 or so games he looked like a world beater. Got sent off against Newcastle and wasn’t quite the same again

December 27, 2019, 11:41:22 PM
Reply #38

cantoffee

I like how he's a bit of a cunt. Seems to have good self-belief.

Stills needs to get stronger but he seems to have improved his composure a bit lately despite a few mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 27, 2019, 11:41:27 PM
Reply #39

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Also, I love betting on Mainz.  They are never boring.

Bundesliga coming to ESPN+ next season, I can watch all their matches!

Is the FoxSports contract ending? We already get roughly 7-8 matches per week, and close to 100% of the Bayern/Dortmund matches as is. But I have ESPN+ anyway, so like, whatevs and all that.
Playing FM20 24/7.

December 27, 2019, 11:46:39 PM
Reply #40

Tinga

When @Evertonian in NC should have been manager all this time before Ancelotti, he was always saying to bring Holgate on.

December 28, 2019, 12:10:01 AM
Reply #41

Evertonian in NC

When @Evertonian in NC should have been manager all this time before Ancelotti, he was always saying to bring Holgate on.

Yeah, I am the original Holgate Truther, but to be fair I was wayyyyyy off with a few other players (Bryan Oviedo most notably).  :D

December 28, 2019, 12:46:02 AM
Reply #42

Evertonian in NC

Is the FoxSports contract ending? We already get roughly 7-8 matches per week, and close to 100% of the Bayern/Dortmund matches as is. But I have ESPN+ anyway, so like, whatevs and all that.

yep, they mentioned this during the Italian Super Cup broadcast

December 28, 2019, 12:54:08 AM
Reply #43

sam of the south

Remember when yobo first signed for the first 10 or so games he looked like a world beater. Got sent off against Newcastle and wasn’t quite the same again

Yeah, he seemed a lot better than he actually was, mainly because he was the first CB we’d had since Ratcliffe who actually had some pace (although Unsworth was fairly quick)

Good player, though, just not a world beater like many of us first thought.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 28, 2019, 12:57:21 AM
Reply #44

Martip

Genuinely didn't think he had this run of form and potential in him, which is always lovely when a young(ish) player surprises you and really steps up when the club is in a period of crisis. Go ed Mason. You've been an absolute credit to yourself in this rough period.
Dont agree with much you write but gotta say this is spot on
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"