July 13, 2020, 01:46:18 AM

Author Topic: Fabian (Out of his) Delph  (Read 13091 times)

January 02, 2020, 05:51:38 AM
Read 13091 times

Shogun

Administrator
Can't believe we spent £8.5m on someone for passion.

I'm glad he's injury prone because fuck watching him every week.

Our fourth best CM with everyone fit (making an assumption on Gbamin's talent) in an already underwhelming midfield.

Absolute shite.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 05:54:51 AM by Shogun »
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

January 02, 2020, 06:05:06 AM
Reply #1

eyesalwaysblue

Him and Sigg today total insomnia cure, Davies out of form too, it's a miracle we got away with 2-1
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 02, 2020, 06:06:48 AM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

Creativity in MF has been the problem all season.  Not gonna fix itself by magic, for sure.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

January 02, 2020, 06:13:38 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon he's probably our best midfielder not named Tom Davies which is indicative of how truly horrible our midfield is.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2020, 06:54:03 AM
Reply #4

Cozzie

Horrendous today.

He was only squad filler after all though, but even I was surprised how shite he is.

January 02, 2020, 02:49:53 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he played ok personally. Certainly better than Sig and Davies.

January 02, 2020, 03:03:42 PM
Reply #6

wilbur

Itís strange how people see things so differently - I thought Delph was our best player last night.
ďIt was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. Thatís what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.Ē - Duncan Ferguson

January 02, 2020, 03:04:33 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he played ok personally. Certainly better than Sig and Davies.

Absolutely.

Think he'd be in my 11 every week (until we know about Gbamin which won't be til next season).

I mean... Do I think this should be our midfield after all the money we spent? Absolutely not. But he is technically an actual midfielder rather than whatever Sigurdsson is.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2020, 03:04:41 PM
Reply #8

Martip

So many people off the boil it seems unfair to pinpoint one individual but Delph was best of a bad bunch for me in midfield.

We need to also consider the quality of the opposition as we cant go from utter shite to champs league contenders overnight.
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

January 02, 2020, 03:23:38 PM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

Think it comes down to us being able to accommodate one CM with one pace, but not all of them. Delph wouldíve suited playing with Gana, but then most players would.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 02, 2020, 04:16:49 PM
Reply #10

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Any accurate injury/recovery info on Gbamin and Gomes?

January 02, 2020, 04:21:33 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

Yesterday wasnít a game to judge anyone. Playing City away as the third game in a week is going to stretch any squad.

Delph will do the job he was brought in to do. Heíll add experience, heíll come on in games to see it out (Burnley) and slot in when itís necessary to pack a midfield.

We have far bigger issues than him to address.

January 02, 2020, 04:22:39 PM
Reply #12

charlatan

Any accurate injury/recovery info on Gbamin and Gomes?

Gomes posted a video of himself yesterday on an exercise bike yesterday.  Can't see him being back before next season tho myself.  Apparently Gbamin stll a month or so away

January 02, 2020, 04:30:36 PM
Reply #13

Tinga

I like him he's a smart player who can give a bit of calm to the situation. For instance the little play he did when he was under pressure, he turned and sold their closing down down the river opening up the entire pitch.

January 02, 2020, 04:32:12 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

Delph is a terrible footballer, stupid signig