July 11, 2020, 11:18:58 AM

Author Topic: Fabian (Out of his) Delph  (Read 12995 times)

January 02, 2020, 04:59:32 PM
Reply #15

TrevorSteven

I got a lot of stick for being negative to our signings this summer. I felt very uncomfortable about loosing Gana and replace him with Gbamin and Delph. I think we all agree we didnt have a good window this summer but it did actually get worse than I excpected due to injury on our most important asset - Gomes.

We signed Gbamin that showed nothing of promise against Crystal Palace and the other one or two matches before getting injured. I still believe he is nothing close to Ganas quality and that he will not solve any problem. I was very negative to Delph due to him being injuryprone but must admit that for me he at least has something to offer. He is not a world beater but he has the composure and passing range that Tom Davies i.e misses.

Against Newcastle Delph changed the game making us ease of pressure as we started getting more and longer period of possession.

I think we just have to admit that a players quality at this level seldom can be defined as bad or good. It depends on succeeding in playing them at their best position together with the right players. Last night none of the players worked - but remember we were set up to not play our own game - just destroy Cityīs.

January 02, 2020, 05:02:59 PM
Reply #16

kerryblue boy

I got a lot of stick for being negative to our signings this summer. I felt very uncomfortable about loosing Gana and replace him with Gbamin and Delph. I think we all agree we didnt have a good window this summer but it did actually get worse than I excpected due to injury on our most important asset - Gomes.

We signed Gbamin that showed nothing of promise against Crystal Palace and the other one or two matches before getting injured. I still believe he is nothing close to Ganas quality and that he will not solve any problem. I was very negative to Delph due to him being injuryprone but must admit that for me he at least has something to offer. He is not a world beater but he has the composure and passing range that Tom Davies i.e misses.

Against Newcastle Delph changed the game making us ease of pressure as we started getting more and longer period of possession.

I think we just have to admit that a players quality at this level seldom can be defined as bad or good. It depends on succeeding in playing them at their best position together with the right players. Last night none of the players worked - but remember we were set up to not play our own game - just destroy Cityīs.
Must be great being you always right how in gods name can you judge jp already thatís just a stupid comment

January 02, 2020, 05:04:23 PM
Reply #17

AllyBlue14

Think you've been harsh on Gbamin there mate.
a) He was never a like-for-like replacement for Gana;
b) I don't think he did that much wrong when he did play;
c) It's rare that a player will come into a team and be fantastic from the first minute.

January 02, 2020, 05:07:28 PM
Reply #18

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Cretinous statement about JPG
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 02, 2020, 05:28:20 PM
Reply #19

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Donít think Delph has a passing range myself.

Those lofted crossfield balls he plays are so grim mate. Completely kill any attack we have going.

He can pick the ball up from the defence and progress us with short, sharp passes but thatís about it.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 02, 2020, 05:48:14 PM
Reply #20

Cozzie

Still think he was total poo against City but again he wasn't alone and not the ideal game to judge.

January 02, 2020, 06:00:20 PM
Reply #21

TrevorSteven

Donít think Delph has a passing range myself.

Those lofted crossfield balls he plays are so grim mate. Completely kill any attack we have going.

He can pick the ball up from the defence and progress us with short, sharp passes but thatís about it.

No, he probably doesnt to the extent we would like. But at least his composure is of a totally different quality than all other midfielders except the greatest Gomes.

January 02, 2020, 06:03:11 PM
Reply #22

TrevorSteven

Must be great being you always right how in gods name can you judge jp already thatís just a stupid comment

No - with Gbamin we have to wait and see, but right now its injury that made him a bad signing, not his quality (which I still think he lacks). With Delph I think I was wrong but reading about him here it looks like most fans think I was right.

And the only signing of the summer that I loved has not yet been anything near success - Kean...so I dont feel that I am always right mate. :)

January 02, 2020, 06:04:17 PM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No, he probably doesnt to the extent we would like. But at least his composure is of a totally different quality than all other midfielders except the greatest Gomes.

Gomes always looks very composed, even when giving the ball away again as last man because he wants to take 5 touches instead of 2.

Looks good doing it like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2020, 06:06:38 PM
Reply #24

Martip

Gomes always looks very composed, even when giving the ball away again as last man because he wants to take 5 touches instead of 2.

Looks good doing it like.
Stop being a Gomes hater brap ! Feel the love.

" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

January 02, 2020, 06:07:58 PM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Stop being a Gomes hater brap ! Feel the love.

I would like him back in this midfield like.

But I would also like us to upgrade on him for a midfielder who does things.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2020, 06:08:35 PM
Reply #26

TrevorSteven

Cretinous statement about JPG

Why is that stupid? I havent seen him play alot but I did a lot of research on the guy when we where linked to him and what I read about him from experts that seems to know the Bundesliga it didnt make me feel comfortable. And is it that stupid to say that Gbamin was a bad replacement for Gana? Cause that was what he was signed for replacing.

Maybe I am beeing to harsh to him - but we signing Gbamin and Delph while Leicester signing Tielemans and Dennis Praet is easily one of the reasons why Leicester is flying and we are struggling...Those two belgians - that is good signings and that is signings that looked less risky even before they were carried through

January 02, 2020, 06:11:18 PM
Reply #27

Martip

I would like him back in this midfield like.

But I would also like us to upgrade on him for a midfielder who does things.
I think if he recovers well after this injury he ll be a great player for us.
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

January 02, 2020, 06:12:44 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

He'll go back to being a stylish but average prem midfider if he recovers 100% which I believe is actually unlikely.

Nice lad, fun to watch, we need better.

January 02, 2020, 06:15:41 PM
Reply #29

Waltzer

No doubt, on the list of midfielders that need replacing before him id have Delph, Sig, Davies, Schneiderlin and even though I haven't seen him play much Gbamin. Andre is the least of our worries

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app