July 10, 2020, 07:12:07 PM

Author Topic: Fabian (Out of his) Delph  (Read 12970 times)

July 01, 2020, 03:13:59 AM
Reply #255

Shogun

Administrator
The most disappointing signing under Brands for me.

His injury record and him being nearly 30 at the time should have been enough to stop us from signing him. Heck, we signed a CM who hadn't even been playing CM for years.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

July 01, 2020, 03:42:59 AM
Reply #256

Waltzer

Another bad buy (with that injury record).

Gonna take a while yet to clear out the shite in the squad.
Especially when as soon as we let one go we replace them with someone equally inept

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 01, 2020, 03:46:54 AM
Reply #257

ajax_andy

Not even remotely arsed about something he posted on social media as a comment on one of his mate's posts, some people need to get a fucking grip 😂

July 01, 2020, 04:46:49 AM
Reply #258

Shogun

Administrator
Not even remotely arsed about something he posted on social media as a comment on one of his mate's posts, some people need to get a fucking grip 😂

In isolation it's not much of a problem. Though if you're that big mates with him I'm sure a text/DM would do, having a bit of respect for the club you play for.

When you're a complete arsehole then it's another example in an ever-growing long line of bellendry.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

July 01, 2020, 05:09:26 AM
Reply #259

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't really like it as a signing but you try and rationalize don't you.

I think he was *probably* bought to play sometimes as a shuffling box to box with a bit more defensive nous. A replacement for Gomes or Sigurdsson to help see games out. A multiple trophy winner who's been around successful locker rooms, which seems to be part of brands' buying list for some reason.

Unfortunately he ended up playing a lot and as a base midfielder which he's not ever been even on his best days. We exposed his weaknesses and couldn't benefit from his good points due to a drastically unbalanced midfield.

Thanks but no thanks, he's probably on 100k a week. Hasn't worked out and he hasn't endeared himself.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 01, 2020, 02:36:55 PM
Reply #260

ajax_andy

In isolation it's not much of a problem. Though if you're that big mates with him I'm sure a text/DM would do, having a bit of respect for the club you play for.

When you're a complete arsehole then it's another example in an ever-growing long line of bellendry.

It's clutching at straws just because you don't like him. 

I'd go as far as to argue that taking a screenshot of it and posting it on here is not much of a step away from trolling. 

July 01, 2020, 02:47:13 PM
Reply #261

Toddacelli

It's just accumulative mate. On it's own I agree with your post 100%. As the next thing we're discussing in the thread - it all adds up to proper knobhead.

People, as always were fully aboard the Delph train when it was a done deal - he was an Everton player by then, after all. Over time, we've discussed less and less of his stats, qualities and abilities and ended up discussing actions, behaviours and attitude.

That's not all from us mate. I was the first to remind everyone how well Niasse served, despite his ability. I'm not into kicking people for no reason.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:51:27 PM by Toddacelli »

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 01, 2020, 02:56:55 PM
Reply #262

ajax_andy

It's just accumulative mate. On it's own I agree with your post 100%. As the next thing we're discussing in the thread - it all adds up to proper knobhead.

People, as always were fully aboard the Delph train when it was a done deal - he was an Everton player by then, after all. Over time, we've discussed less and less of his stats, qualities and abilities and ended up discussing actions, behaviours and attitude.

That's not all from us mate. I was the first to remind everyone how well Niasse served, despite his ability. I'm not into kicking people for no reason.

I get that he's a knob head, I personally don't like him either.  I just think if you look hard enough you'll find something about anyone to dislike on their social media.

I don't think it's particularly fair regardless of if people don't like x or y player to trawl their social media just so they can start screenshotting their comments of someone else's posts so they have another stick to beat them with, it's pretty much trolling and cyber bullying.

July 01, 2020, 03:00:05 PM
Reply #263

Toddacelli

I get that he's a knob head, I personally don't like him either.  I just think if you look hard enough you'll find something about anyone to dislike on their social media.

I don't think it's particularly fair regardless of if people don't like x or y player to trawl their social media just so they can start screenshotting their comments of someone else's posts so they have another stick to beat them with, it's pretty much trolling and cyber bullying.

I understand your point of view. I don't think anyone is judging him on social media alone.

July 01, 2020, 03:14:04 PM
Reply #264

ajax_andy

I understand your point of view. I don't think anyone is judging him on social media alone.

No they aren't, but what they are doing is trawling his social media in the hope of finding stuff they can take screenshots of with the express intent of posting in forums to slag him off.

Pretty disgusting imo!

July 01, 2020, 05:49:39 PM
Reply #265

Toddacelli

No they aren't, but what they are doing is trawling his social media in the hope of finding stuff they can take screenshots of with the express intent of posting in forums to slag him off.

Pretty disgusting imo!

I'm a bit 'meh' about that.

Public figure. Media training. Wealthy enough to have more training/advisors/companies running his account.

It's his account. He's responsible for it. If there's anything reprehensible there - he should be held accountable. Like I would expect to be for mine.

I just think him congratulating a friend is not at all in any way reprehensible. It's not even noteworthy.

I hope the next time I come to this thread it's to talk about either something he has done well, or a solid lead on a transfer for him.

July 01, 2020, 07:33:35 PM
Reply #266

Robioto

I thought he would be another Barry like signing. Couldn't have been more wrong, he's just not very good and seems to add nothing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 07:35:11 PM by Robioto »

July 01, 2020, 10:26:23 PM
Reply #267

ajax_andy

I'm a bit 'meh' about that.

Public figure. Media training. Wealthy enough to have more training/advisors/companies running his account.

It's his account. He's responsible for it. If there's anything reprehensible there - he should be held accountable. Like I would expect to be for mine.

I just think him congratulating a friend is not at all in any way reprehensible. It's not even noteworthy.

I hope the next time I come to this thread it's to talk about either something he has done well, or a solid lead on a transfer for him.

Yes exactly, my point is that it is indeed meh / not noteworthy but people are using it as an excuse to abuse him on a forum.

It's all internet warrior / troll and pretty pathetic... If people are upset by it they really need to grow the fuck up.

July 01, 2020, 10:28:16 PM
Reply #268

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Jeeez calm down. Who is 'abusing' him??

I said i hate him (which i do)

Im not upset i just dont like him. I think its you who needs to chill out!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

July 01, 2020, 10:49:04 PM
Reply #269

ajax_andy

Jeeez calm down. Who is 'abusing' him??

I said i hate him (which i do)

Im not upset i just dont like him. I think its you who needs to chill out!

My point is if DCL posts that no one bats an eyelid, probably isn't even taken as a screenshot.

It's wrong to do it because someone already has a dislike for a person and say they're a bell end etc if they'd not be arsed if a different person had done it.

People can like or dislike whoever they want, but shite like this is absolutely pathetic.