February 21, 2020, 07:04:43 AM

Author Topic: Fabian (Out of his) Delph  (Read 8938 times)

January 02, 2020, 06:28:29 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd happily swap any of them for Ross Barkley
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2020, 06:32:00 PM
Reply #31

Macca77

January 02, 2020, 06:35:53 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

I can't see Ancelotti putting up with Gomes' stylish version of nothing football and he'll demand more.

The positive is that he does, or did, have more in his locker when he was on his game (Anfield) so with his head in the right place and a manager worthy of raising your game for he might pull it out the bag.

His injury and recovery is the biggest variable though so we can only speculate.

January 02, 2020, 06:37:04 PM
Reply #33

Martip

Nah he can fook off the injury prone, money grabbing twat.

January 02, 2020, 06:38:23 PM
Reply #34

Waltzer

Doubt Chelsea would let him go, he's tearing up trees there isn't he!!?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 02, 2020, 06:45:20 PM
Reply #35

TrevorSteven

Wow, I read more good words about Gbamin than Gomes here.😳

I guess a lot of ppl still miss McFadden and Naismith too...

January 02, 2020, 06:46:48 PM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It was more meant as an observation that millions of pounds later and we still haven't improved on Barry - Barkley as a midfield.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2020, 06:51:34 PM
Reply #37

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Why is that stupid? I havent seen him play alot but I did a lot of research on the guy when we where linked to him and what I read about him from experts that seems to know the Bundesliga it didnt make me feel comfortable. And is it that stupid to say that Gbamin was a bad replacement for Gana? Cause that was what he was signed for replacing.

Maybe I am beeing to harsh to him - but we signing Gbamin and Delph while Leicester signing Tielemans and Dennis Praet is easily one of the reasons why Leicester is flying and we are struggling...Those two belgians - that is good signings and that is signings that looked less risky even before they were carried through

Because youíve made a declaration about him being a bad signing for us based on 1 and a half games before he got injured. Ludicrous in the extreme dear boy
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 02, 2020, 06:57:44 PM
Reply #38

Heisenberg

Some clouded memories on Barkley here. He never really improved on when he first came through. Ran in to trouble every time or failed to get his head up and pick the obvious pass.

All the physical attributes to be one of the best. Unfortunately for him all the mental attributes as a plank of wood. The disappointment wasnít that he left it was that he fucked the club over to line his own pockets. I donít really care enough to dislike any player (I even donít dislike any current Liverpool players) but I canít bare Ross Barkley and I canít wait till he ends up with moyes and West Ham. Made for each other

January 02, 2020, 06:59:24 PM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some clouded memories on Barkley here. He never really improved on when he first came through. Ran in to trouble every time or failed to get his head up and pick the obvious pass.

All the physical attributes to be one of the best. Unfortunately for him all the mental attributes as a plank of wood. The disappointment wasnít that he left it was that he fucked the club over to line his own pockets. I donít really care enough to dislike any player (I even donít dislike any current Liverpool players) but I canít bare Ross Barkley and I canít wait till he ends up with moyes and West Ham. Made for each other

In our top goals and assists for the decade as a youth product coming through in midfield.

Gets in our current side walking backwards with his laces tied together.

Is also a brainless meff.

January 02, 2020, 07:03:32 PM
Reply #40

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
In our top goals and assists for the decade as a youth product coming through in midfield.

Gets in our current side walking backwards with his laces tied together.

Is also a brainless meff.

To be fair he Would have been the most expensive out of all of our current options had he been sold with 2 years left say.

January 02, 2020, 07:04:23 PM
Reply #41

velimski

I don't mind him being used as a back up option to Digne next season  (assuming Baines goes).

If he's still regularly starting games in midfield it will mean we haven't sorted that position out.

January 02, 2020, 07:11:00 PM
Reply #42

TrevorSteven

Because youíve made a declaration about him being a bad signing for us based on 1 and a half games before he got injured. Ludicrous in the extreme dear boy

With that logic we would never be in a position to have an opinion of a player we just signed before he has proven us wrong. I may be wrong but its not ludicrous to be of an opinion. I for sure was not wrong about Niasse - but that guy I had seen play a lot of matches and failed to make an impact even in Norwegian leagues. When it comes to Gbamin I just rely on what I read about him and what he showed us in the first matches before he got injured (ofcourse a bit biased as reports I read made me sceptical and the void (Gana) he was supposed to replace was such an important asset). Still - I have an open mind to be proven wrong. I have never fancied DCL i.e but even I have to agree that he has developed. At the same time first impressions are hard to change, so still bit sceptical about DCL becoming a star striker for us in the years to come. But perception deceives - once I was sure that Danny Cadamarteri and Tony Grant gonna become stars. Opinions and feelings is a big part of being a fan I would say. Hope he comes back from injury and make you laugh at me mate.

January 02, 2020, 07:13:13 PM
Reply #43

Waltzer

I don't mind him being used as a back up option to Digne next season  (assuming Baines goes).

If he's still regularly starting games in midfield it will mean we haven't sorted that position out.
I dont actually think he's that bad at what he does, at the moment he's being asked to do a lot of things that he's not good at, which is the problem. We need Gomes back and more creativity around him so he can get back to winning the ball and offloading to those that are more capable

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 02, 2020, 07:15:15 PM
Reply #44

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I got a lot of stick for being negative to our signings this summer. I felt very uncomfortable about loosing Gana and replace him with Gbamin and Delph. I think we all agree we didnt have a good window this summer but it did actually get worse than I excpected due to injury on our most important asset - Gomes.

We signed Gbamin that showed nothing of promise against Crystal Palace and the other one or two matches before getting injured. I still believe he is nothing close to Ganas quality and that he will not solve any problem. I was very negative to Delph due to him being injuryprone but must admit that for me he at least has something to offer. He is not a world beater but he has the composure and passing range that Tom Davies i.e misses.

Against Newcastle Delph changed the game making us ease of pressure as we started getting more and longer period of possession.

I think we just have to admit that a players quality at this level seldom can be defined as bad or good. It depends on succeeding in playing them at their best position together with the right players. Last night none of the players worked - but remember we were set up to not play our own game - just destroy Cityīs.

On topic; like some others I thought Delph had a decent game and commented elsewhere that IMO he was the only midfielder who could at the very least say he did he job yesterday. It's clear here knows how to play that position and he did so in perfectly acceptable fashion IMO.

Off topic; regarding Gbamin, you serious Clark? For starters you don't even seem to know how many games he's played (for the record it was 1 vs Palace, and 45' vs Watford before injuring his knee). The Palace game was on Aug 10, EIGHT days after he signed his contract and only 1 month after Ivory Coast's final match in the ACON. I remember his very first comments after joining EFC when he told Silva her didn't believe he was fit and ready to go yet. But, devoid of options, he got thrown into his first EPL match as a starter anyway. And yet somehow Palace didn't score, and neither did Watford. Anyway, your opinion is a pretty easy one to dismiss here.
"Heís a thread killer. Like the threads are technically active but he seems to suck the life out of them. Heís high maintenance and I think my type of personality is massively turned off by that sort of annoying antics."

"Yeah, i kinda gone right off Yankee. Annoying."