February 21, 2020, 09:04:30 PM

Author Topic: speedomick  (Read 3910 times)

January 04, 2020, 12:42:42 AM
Read 3910 times

Macca77

Anyone been following his 1000 mile walk, the man is an absolute legend, already smashed his original 50K target and is almost at 100K, will be at Anfield on Sunday then will carry on his journey, hope they have something planned for him.

If you haven't donated yet, please do so by clicking on the link

https://twitter.com/speedomick/status/1203358173815607298

January 04, 2020, 12:58:55 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Doing great isn't he. He was on all the local media the other day as he passed through the area.

January 04, 2020, 01:14:33 AM
Reply #2

Macca77

Doing great isn't he. He was on all the local media the other day as he passed through the area.

He is, unfortunately he's not getting as much media coverage as his should be

January 04, 2020, 01:24:31 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
He is, unfortunately he's not getting as much media coverage as his should be

I don't know about nationally but certainly the ITV regionals are all giving him plenty coverage when he's in their areas and he's had some in the papers up here as well.

January 04, 2020, 01:46:27 AM
Reply #4

eyesalwaysblue

What a star ...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 04, 2020, 02:29:27 AM
Reply #5

penguinofdoom1878

I don't know about nationally but certainly the ITV regionals are all giving him plenty coverage when he's in their areas and he's had some in the papers up here as well.

he was also interviewed on Sky Sports News the other day, only a small segment.

January 04, 2020, 02:34:57 AM
Reply #6

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Met him a couple of times, really great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

January 04, 2020, 02:53:29 AM
Reply #7

Simon Paul

Administrator
he was also interviewed on Sky Sports News the other day, only a small segment.
Well it is cold

January 04, 2020, 03:01:56 AM
Reply #8

Toffee_4_Life

I'm a police officer in an area he's walked through and I had someone tell me about him walking by, raising concerns for his mental health due to the weather conditions and what he's wearing.

Look on their face when I told them with great joy that he's raising money for charity. Gave them his twitter handle in case they wanted to go donate!

January 04, 2020, 03:12:34 AM
Reply #9

BlueForYou

Following him and donated

The bitter weather is freezing his nuts off!

Intend to brief-ly join him tomorrow from Kendal for him to sign my "Money Can't Buy Us Love (Everton in the 1960s)" book

Charity can give us love - love ya Mick!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 04, 2020, 03:42:19 AM
Reply #10

Simon Paul

Administrator
Is this a full time job for him now?

He's been doing this for what? Five years? Traveling to every game from London while also attending events both in and out of character.

Cant be cheap that like

January 04, 2020, 04:22:33 AM
Reply #11

penguinofdoom1878

He's been doing this for what? Five years? Traveling to every game from London while also attending events both in and out of character.

Cant be cheap that like

Not sure on the full-time job, I am sure I remember about 2 years ago, he tried setting up a website to sell a bit of merch to meet costs of doing this fundraising etc... got a lot stick for it on twitter (yeah I know) from idiots, looks like that doesn't exist anymore, if it does there's no link in his twitter account anymore.

Also sure he's said in the past about applying for a role with the club for fundraising/charity work but wasn't successful.

shame cause he seems a decent bloke

Also he's on 70,535 now.

January 04, 2020, 04:28:29 AM
Reply #12

Bally

Administrator

Cant be cheap that like
Self employed lighting engineer isn't he

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

January 04, 2020, 04:28:58 AM
Reply #13

penguinofdoom1878

Anyone been following his 1000 mile walk, the man is an absolute legend, already smashed his original 50K target and is almost at 100K, will be at Anfield on Sunday then will carry on his journey, hope they have something planned for him.

If you haven't donated yet, please do so by clicking on the link

https://twitter.com/speedomick/status/1203358173815607298

Liverpool have offered him a ticket for the game (think Peter Moore has done this before for him), think a Liverpool FC bar/hotel (Hotel Tia?) have offered him a hospitality ticket and get him in for a bucket collection.

Also doing a collection outside the ground.

January 04, 2020, 05:50:51 AM
Reply #14

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber

Cant be cheap that like
I heard him on R5 sometime last week saying this is now what he is doing full-time. He has set up his own charity and the funds from this walk will be used to give it a kick-start. The new charity is to help disadvantaged children and young adults in the Merseyside area at first with a view to taking it national. Previous stuff has been for other charities.

He said he'd done some 'naughty' things on the past and made some bad decisions and this was his way of giving back.

My understanding, and it is only based on this one interview, is he will take a salary as the figure-head and main fund-raiser. Nothing wrong with that, he will be giving all his time to it and, no matter what you do, we all have bills to pay.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.