February 21, 2020, 05:21:36 AM

Author Topic: speedomick  (Read 3713 times)

January 04, 2020, 03:52:17 PM
Reply #15

Toddacelli

I've a lot of time for Speedo Mick. Good fella.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 04, 2020, 04:02:35 PM
Reply #16

Bally

Administrator
I've a lot of time for Speedo Mick. Good fella.
He's sound aswell
I did spend one of the most equally harrowing and pleasant days with him and one of the other lads off the fans forum.
Know where he sits incognito too

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

January 04, 2020, 07:22:23 PM
Reply #17

Toddacelli

He's sound aswell
I did spend one of the most equally harrowing and pleasant days with him and one of the other lads off the fans forum.
Know where he sits incognito too

Hehe - I wonder how many people say to him "I didn't recognise you with your clothes on!"

Haha - probably fucking loads.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 04, 2020, 07:23:42 PM
Reply #18

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Hehe - I wonder how many people say to him "I didn't recognise you with your clothes on!"

Haha - probably fucking loads.

I didnt recognise him with hair.  The swim cap subconciously made me expect him to be bald.

January 04, 2020, 08:05:07 PM
Reply #19

winny5366

This guy should get more praise, what he is doing is brilliant!
Every credit to him I hope you raise lots of money, well done fella!!

January 05, 2020, 12:53:23 AM
Reply #20

Macca77

Just done a video saying he'll be at the match tomorrow and will be on the pitch either before the game or at halftime, hoping he comes away with quite a few very full and heavy buckets of cash!

January 05, 2020, 03:02:45 AM
Reply #21

Waltzer

Fair play to him, the world would be a better place if there were more people like him around

January 05, 2020, 09:00:14 PM
Reply #22

Waltzer

Really can't t stand   Henderson but fair play to him with this

Jordan Henderson dedicates entire programme notes to Speedo Mick ahead of Liverpool vs Everton

Everton travel to Liverpool for the FA Cup third round on Sunday

Speedo Mick thanks Liverpool fans for all the support as Henderson dedicates entire programme to him

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has dedicated his entire pre-Merseyside derby programme notes to Everton supporter Speedo Mick.

The fundraiser is pausing his latest attempt to raise money a walk from John O'Groats to Lands End wearing just his swimming trunks and a Santa hat to attend the Blues visit to Anfield on Sunday afternoon.
The 55-year-old, aka Michael Cullen, has attracted a lot of attention for his incredible efforts already and will be collecting money outside the ground ahead of the derby.

Mick is raising money for Leave The Light On, fundraising for community projects for disadvantaged young people, with his walk set to take around seven weeks.

And opposing captain Henderson took the chance to dedicate his entire programme notes to Speedo Mick who has already raised over 75,000 in his efforts.

They read: I think I can safely say that one of the most remarkable sights over the Christmas period has been of a bloke walking around in nothing but his swimwear

For most at today's game Speedo Mick will need no introduction, but for anyone who isn't aware of who he is and what he does then his name is definitely worth a quick Google

I first heard about Mick a couple of years ago, but I don't think I have the words to do him justice. People who are actually from Liverpool tell me he's become a local hero because of the work he does for charity and, given what he's up to at the moment, it's easy to see why.

Everton and Liverpool fans have a long history of putting their rivalries to one side for causes that matter.

And Henderson has no doubt that will be the case once again for Mick's cause but the Reds captain stopped short of wishing the fundraiser's beloved Blues would pick up a result.

I'm reliably informed that Mick is planning on taking a break from his charity walk so he can be at today's game and if he does make it I hope he gets all the support that he deserves.

I know he'll be wanting an Everton victory and I'd be the last to wish for that to happen, but it would be great if the two sets of fans could come together as they have so many times in the past to get behind Mick.

January 06, 2020, 02:45:09 AM
Reply #23

Macca77

Collected almost 2.5K before the match today, absolutely amazing!

January 06, 2020, 10:33:12 PM
Reply #24

IPCannock

NSNO Subscriber
Being interviewed on 5 live drive some time between now and end of show. Give him a listen and hope they don't dwell on yesterday.

January 07, 2020, 10:25:37 PM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Some boozers just turfed him out, Twitter and FB are going mental!!!
Simply simply lovely

January 07, 2020, 10:27:40 PM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

The fucking club turfed him out at the Chelsea game.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 07, 2020, 10:53:50 PM
Reply #27

Gash

Global Moderator

Think it's quite poor of him to name them and tag them on Facebook to be honest. You know what he's like, he'll have crashed in the door, bold as brass with all the discretion of a tsunami and if they didn't know who he was or what he was doing you can understand the owners wondering why someone is standing in their restaurant at lunchtime in a pair of swimming trunks while people are eating their lunch.

Perhaps they could have handled it better, but I can imagine he'll be a bit outspoken when he wants to be, he's named the pub and they were then getting absolutely slammed by the Facebook police with bad reviews to the extent they've had to take down their Facebook page. I love what he's doing but I don't think it's a good form to do this kind of thing, they didn't ask him to come in and didn't ask for the publicity. Poor form that when you start affecting someone's business.

January 07, 2020, 11:53:59 PM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yeaj totally agree, this is where social media gets into damgerous territory
Think it's quite poor of him to name them and tag them on Facebook to be honest. You know what he's like, he'll have crashed in the door, bold as brass with all the discretion of a tsunami and if they didn't know who he was or what he was doing you can understand the owners wondering why someone is standing in their restaurant at lunchtime in a pair of swimming trunks while people are eating their lunch.

Perhaps they could have handled it better, but I can imagine he'll be a bit outspoken when he wants to be, he's named the pub and they were then getting absolutely slammed by the Facebook police with bad reviews to the extent they've had to take down their Facebook page. I love what he's doing but I don't think it's a good form to do this kind of thing, they didn't ask him to come in and didn't ask for the publicity. Poor form that when you start affecting someone's business.
Simply simply lovely

January 08, 2020, 01:51:35 AM
Reply #29

eyesalwaysblue

Know the pub involved, didn't realise he was so close, pissed off would have got him into me local, plenty Blues get in..
I still despise Clive Thomas..