February 24, 2020, 01:56:05 PM

Author Topic: Schneiderlin  (Read 2978 times)

January 22, 2020, 02:14:12 PM
Read 2978 times

ajax_andy

Thought he was excellent last night, if he played like that every week we'd not be worried about finding him a new club, we'd be worried about holding on to him.

Such a shame he's never shown this level, and although I was impressed by him last night I'm not advocating keeping him, but credit where it's due, last night he showed fight, desire and deserves to be applauded for that.

January 22, 2020, 02:17:24 PM
Reply #1

Macca77

True, but he needs to carry it on, not the usual one decent performance followed by 4 or 5 shitty ones

January 22, 2020, 02:18:18 PM
Reply #2

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Way better than Davies that for sure.  The way he sat up DCL with his chest was a beauty. Respect when he deserves i, that OK with me.

January 22, 2020, 02:20:32 PM
Reply #3

ajax_andy

True, but he needs to carry it on, not the usual one decent performance followed by 4 or 5 shitty ones

Definitely, and even if he does I think he still needs to be moved on because you can't trust him to not just mooch about the pitch next year half arsed again.

He was excellent though last night, so hopefully it puts him in the shop window.

January 22, 2020, 02:21:51 PM
Reply #4

ajax_andy

Way better than Davies that for sure.  The way he sat up DCL with his chest was a beauty. Respect when he deserves i, that OK with me.

That and the slide tackle from behind in the first half were magnificent imo... If he played for someone else like that I'd be saying in transfer thread we need to look at that Morgan fella!

January 22, 2020, 02:22:36 PM
Reply #5

Hawkandro

He's an enigma, for sure. Mate in work in a Utd season ticket holder - he was over the moon when they signed him from Southampton. Seems to be able to do it when he wants too, but never consistently.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 22, 2020, 02:24:20 PM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Arguably his best game for us, good with the ball and did will off it too. I've been a big defender of him over the years but one swallow doesn't make a summer, it would be great if he turned in something like every week but I don't see it unfortunately.

January 22, 2020, 02:25:02 PM
Reply #7

Macca77

He's an enigma, for sure. Mate in work in a Utd season ticket holder - he was over the moon when they signed him from Southampton. Seems to be able to do it when he wants too, but never consistently.

He was superb when we signed him, the amount of games he ran in that first half season was crazy, lost him way very very quickly after that

January 22, 2020, 02:27:08 PM
Reply #8

Hawkandro

He was superb when we signed him, the amount of games he ran in that first half season was crazy, lost him way very very quickly after that

Yep - he said he started his Utd career exactly the same. I remember thinking we had solved our CM issues watching those first 4 or 5 games, then he got that injury and he just nose-dived.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 22, 2020, 02:41:43 PM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck him.

A decent performance against Newcastle doesnít just erase the last three years and that derby performance.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 22, 2020, 02:42:38 PM
Reply #10

bigdunc9

All the players can play really well on there day. That's the difference between being a world class player or average. Comes down to consistency.

January 22, 2020, 02:43:44 PM
Reply #11

Lazarou

I can never forgive for previous crimes and for stealing a wage off us for most of his contract.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 02:49:31 PM by Lazarou »
Truth is like poetry. And most people hate poetry.

January 22, 2020, 02:45:09 PM
Reply #12

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I did too. Some of his forward passes were superb, he positioned himself well and looked for the ball. Echo gave him a 5 which I think was unfair and based on the capitulation of others. Iíve always wanted him to come good. However, for 90 mins Newcastle offered no real opposition to him. He needs to show this when the backs are against the wall
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 22, 2020, 02:47:00 PM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He wasnít even that good. It was a decent midfield display with a few nice passes thrown in under no pressure.

We do this all the time. Shit player plays ok for once and we make it out to be a lot better than it actually was.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 22, 2020, 02:47:58 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

I can never forgive for previous crimes and for stealing a wage of us for most of his contract.

100% this.