February 25, 2020, 06:53:21 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Crystal Palace - February 8, 2020  (Read 9596 times)

February 09, 2020, 04:20:01 PM
Reply #645

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I think the overall decisions that Carlo is making regarding team selection is not only keeping us guessing but fucking with the heads of the opposition managers as they have no idea who to set up against as the team changes or rotations are so unpredictable

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

I have two theories as to why Carlo dropped Holgate for Keane yesterday.

1. He doesnít want Holgate getting ahead of himself, he has been brilliant since Carlo arrived and may well soon expect to be first name on the sheet for CB, think Carlo is a great man manager and wants to keep Holgate at his peak thinking he has to keep fighting for that position.

2. He knew Southgate was attending and wanted to give Keane an opportunity to raise his game and impress sufficiently to get back into consideration for the Euros.

Both theories are most likely to be bollocks mind you.

February 09, 2020, 04:35:40 PM
Reply #646

Ramjam

1. He doesn't want Holgate getting ahead of himself, he has been brilliant since Carlo arrived and may well soon expect to be first name on the sheet for CB, think Carlo is a great man manager and wants to keep Holgate at his peak thinking he has to keep fighting for that position.

2. He knew Southgate was attending and wanted to give Keane an opportunity to raise his game and impress sufficiently to get back into consideration for the Euros.

Your theory may well be close to the mark there Escla

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 09, 2020, 05:04:07 PM
Reply #647

Dr. Sponge

1. He doesn't want Holgate getting ahead of himself, he has been brilliant since Carlo arrived and may well soon expect to be first name on the sheet for CB, think Carlo is a great man manager and wants to keep Holgate at his peak thinking he has to keep fighting for that position.

Nah. I think it was because he thought Keane could handle Benteke better.

February 09, 2020, 05:13:07 PM
Reply #648

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

So what is it that Keane has that Holgate doesnít ?

February 09, 2020, 05:23:22 PM
Reply #649

GrantyBoy78

Yeah, just this. Benteke would have stuck to Holgate and tried to bully him. Horses for courses and all that.

February 09, 2020, 05:27:16 PM
Reply #650

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, just this. Benteke would have stuck to Holgate and tried to bully him. Horses for courses and all that.

Didnít see Holgate having a problem with Doucore and Deeney, was the prolific scoring Benteke a bigger threat ?

February 09, 2020, 06:05:58 PM
Reply #651

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
So what is it that Keane has that Holgate doesnít ?

A big square head?
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

February 09, 2020, 06:13:26 PM
Reply #652

Lxxx

Carlo just wants to have a proper look at everyone this season ahead of the summer when he'll make his decisions on who stays and goes. Keane's latest audition was yesterday as he maybe thought he'd perform better aerially against Benteke.

Don't think there's anything deeper to it than that really. He couldn't give two hoots about Southgate watching, it's not his brief.

February 09, 2020, 10:52:17 PM
Reply #653

Dr. Sponge

So what is it that Keane has that Holgate doesn't ?
He's taller and better in the air.

February 09, 2020, 11:52:55 PM
Reply #654

Morta75

A bit suprised we pulled off this With Schneiderlin on. He did his best to make us come out With a loss tough. Is it possible to play football everyday and be this bad... YES apperently!

February 10, 2020, 12:25:22 AM
Reply #655

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
A bit suprised we pulled off this With Schneiderlin on. He did his best to make us come out With a loss tough. Is it possible to play football everyday and be this bad... YES apperently!

Did you even watch the game?
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.