February 24, 2020, 02:20:58 PM

Author Topic: Seamus coleman  (Read 459 times)

February 08, 2020, 09:15:06 PM
Read 459 times

boothill

Dunno if theres a section for this mods.
Inside 5 minutes went head to head with zaha on a 30/40 yard sprint.  Got there 1st,  beat him easily in the tackle.  Continued to dominate him meaning he had to swap wings.  He had more joy against digne.
Coleman continued to dominate him in 2nd half apart from 1 moment when yeri mina guided it out. Still think seamus is far from finished and is still the best defender at the club.  Maybe not the best bombing up the wing. But more often than not he wont allow wingers any space or time.
Good day today for mister coleman

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 09:16:08 PM by boothill »

February 08, 2020, 10:36:34 PM
Reply #1

ajax_andy

Yeah he had Zaha on his pocket all game, and non of it was flash last ditch tackles, just intelligent defending which was great to see.

February 08, 2020, 11:09:36 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Think it shows that Coleman can still do a job on someone defensively for specific games where someone has a standout player like Zaha, whereas generally you want a better attacking full-back over the whole course of the season, so Sidibe tends to get the nod more often.

Smart by Ancelotti.

Makes me think we probably need a better overall right back than any of them for next season, but that Coleman would be a handy 2nd choice to have around if you want to go for a more defensive option in certain games.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 09, 2020, 01:43:27 AM
Reply #3

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Best game hes had in ages. Happy to see a performance like this and Id hate to see him just fade away. As I mentioned elsewhere, I think he got inside Zahas head and had him beat mentally. His experience was everything out there today.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.