February 21, 2020, 10:04:54 PM

Poll

I'll be happy if we finish

Top half table - we've still got a lot of work to do
Top 6 / Europe - we're too close now
Top 4 / Champions League - dude, 5 pts

Author Topic: What is the minimum outcome you expect this season now?  (Read 3665 times)

February 11, 2020, 02:25:47 AM
Reply #30

arteta4spain

I have no expectations but dying for us to get into euopa. Some european football and Ancelloti would be a big draw for some players
Exactly what I’m thinking. I think as much as we’d love it I think if we even got top four it’d be a stretch. Europa is achievable and we’d have a chance to have a real crack at winning it.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 11, 2020, 02:37:15 AM
Reply #31

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

February 11, 2020, 02:40:26 AM
Reply #32

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Obviously we tend to extrapolate to extremes with either bad runs, or in this instance good ones.

We’ve had to go at 2pts per game for over 1/4 of the season now, to get ourselves back in the race.

Maybe that hints we can do that level for the final 1/3 but then that would be over half the season at a rate that would be 76 points over the whole campaign.

Still think the biggest dangers are the obvious teams who will all think that they can string a 2pt per game run in from here.

If they do that it’ll be tough.

Sheff Utd/ Wolves may tail off slightly, without having to collapse, for differing reasons but they’ve only been going at 1.5 pts per game even with “very good” seasons so any slight dips wouldn’t present insurmountable challenges.

With so many teams involved though it will be interesting to see the mix of results including draws vs wins etc.

February 11, 2020, 02:49:34 AM
Reply #33

Lxxx

The issue with seven teams still being in with a shout of the European places means any draws or losses will be compounded by a decent number of those sides around us gaining 2/3 pts on us that week.

It's going to take a monumental effort with the only benefit being we play at lot of the sides around us so any wins count more than just than 3 pts in terms of the chase.

Knowing how he likes a defensive sub I just hope we don't blow any good situations we find ourselves in by sitting back against better sides than we have done so far, as we're not the strongest mentally when we're under the cosh. Although on the flip side our best form of attack seems to be on the counter.

February 11, 2020, 02:59:50 AM
Reply #34

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
There is of course the matter of whether 6th/7th will get you to Europe. One would think City defeats Villa in the Carabao finals, which virtually guarantees 6th will go. But there's a lot of the FA left, and as of right now, only a few teams that could & would likely already be in a top 5 spot.

Chelsea & Liverpool play one another, so obviously only 1 of them could go. Sheffield United are still in in case that winds up mattering. City (again), and Leicester. Spurs, and possibly United.

Of course Newcastle will finish 16th but win the FA so they'd go. And we'll finish 7th and not get to go because of that.

And we can add a new chapter to Everton, that. 😂
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

February 11, 2020, 03:22:19 AM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

I'd rather skip the "Battan Death March" early rounds, so really hoping for 6th.  But that's "best case" - 50+ and Top Half is fine and dandy.  The rest is gravy.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

February 11, 2020, 03:30:30 AM
Reply #36

Martip

I'm going to be realistic and say runners up. I just think the shite are too far ahead now.

February 11, 2020, 04:00:02 AM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I’m hoping when we play all the teams in Europe it comes when they’ve been playing mid week?

Still think we have a good chance at 6th. We’re playing the teams above us so it represents a chance to take points off them.

On paper seeing Chelsea, United, and Arsenal on the run looks ominous but in reality they’re all winnable games.

Just nice to be at this stage of the season with something to play for. Could all be over if we hit a bad run though
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 11, 2020, 04:26:05 AM
Reply #38

Cereal Killer

February 11, 2020, 04:41:37 AM
Reply #39

ajax_andy

Massive respect to Ancelotti for us even having a conversation about top 6 / 7 finishes!

February 11, 2020, 04:52:26 AM
Reply #40

caliburn53

I got us to 64 points in 6th would be nice to get something near right for a change
A new convert to the cause thanks to two mad blue grandkids

February 11, 2020, 04:57:00 AM
Reply #41

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Top half

We’re still garbage away

Chin up, 'lil camper!

Carlo's managed us to 2-1-1 in his 4 away matches! The future's so bright we gotta wear shades 8)
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

February 11, 2020, 05:52:47 AM
Reply #42

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think we’ll get another 16 points and finish on 52.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 11, 2020, 07:25:43 AM
Reply #43

markB

win the next 2 away games and its all up for grabs

the home games will be ok

February 11, 2020, 07:41:58 AM
Reply #44

Jamokachi