February 21, 2020, 07:04:17 AM

Poll

I'll be happy if we finish

Top half table - we've still got a lot of work to do
Top 6 / Europe - we're too close now
Top 4 / Champions League - dude, 5 pts

Author Topic: What is the minimum outcome you expect this season now?  (Read 3602 times)

February 11, 2020, 08:18:02 AM
Reply #45

Ramjam

Id be over the moon with 6th after the early season debacle that Silva overseen

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 11, 2020, 01:04:02 PM
Reply #46

Robioto

That we continue to play well and improve first and foremost. Wouldn't be gutted if we didn't get Europe, but it 100% has to be the minimum aim now.

February 11, 2020, 03:49:40 PM
Reply #47

Cods

Need to correct my poll vote.
The next 6 tough games should decide it one way or another for us, but of course well still be in with a chance of Europe until the last 5 easier games.

If we pick up 1.5ea from the 6, then the last 5 should yield 2 a piece getting us to 55.

Going for a finish of 8th, overtaken by Man Utd, and were just not quite catching Sheffield despite beating them away, as they hold on against Southampton.

February 11, 2020, 04:20:47 PM
Reply #48

VBlue

Im being pedantic here at a level, but we will all accept wherever we finish - in the sense that our support for the club will go on, regardless. As thats how it works right?

With the sentiment intended though, I want to see us finish 5th and believe we are as capable (and more so) than quite a few around us.

February 11, 2020, 04:32:12 PM
Reply #49

Macca77

Arsenal (A) - Draw
United (H) - Win
Chelsea (A) - Lose
Liverpool (H) - Lose
Norwich (A) - Win
Leicester (H) - Draw
Spurs (A) - Lose
Southampton (H)  - Win
Wolves (A) - Draw
Villa (H) - Win
Sheffield United (A) - Draw
Bournemouth (H) - Win

19 Points

February 11, 2020, 06:27:13 PM
Reply #50

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Need to correct my poll vote.
The next 6 tough games should decide it one way or another for us, but of course well still be in with a chance of Europe until the last 5 easier games.

If we pick up 1.5ea from the 6, then the last 5 should yield 2 a piece getting us to 55.

Going for a finish of 8th, overtaken by Man Utd, and were just not quite catching Sheffield despite beating them away, as they hold on against Southampton.

Ii read this entire post visualizing you as a fortune teller 😅
"Hes a thread killer. Like the threads are technically active but he seems to suck the life out of them. Hes high maintenance and I think my type of personality is massively turned off by that sort of annoying antics."

"Yeah, i kinda gone right off Yankee. Annoying."

February 11, 2020, 06:30:03 PM
Reply #51

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Next up: a board search of the word 'relegation,' so we know who to point and laugh at.

I kid, I kid.
"Hes a thread killer. Like the threads are technically active but he seems to suck the life out of them. Hes high maintenance and I think my type of personality is massively turned off by that sort of annoying antics."

February 11, 2020, 06:50:44 PM
Reply #52

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber
Just top half for me. European place would be a great unexpected bonus.

We still have the worst centre mid of the top half, an erratic right winger, an occasionally calamitous keeper and Gomes is surely going to take time to get back to previous levels.

February 11, 2020, 06:57:53 PM
Reply #53

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Im being pedantic here at a level, but we will all accept wherever we finish - in the sense that our support for the club will go on, regardless. As thats how it works right?

With the sentiment intended though, I want to see us finish 5th and believe we are as capable (and more so) than quite a few around us.

Was going to post something similar but didnt for fear of being called pedant, this thread would be better called what is the minimum youd expect, like you say, if we finish tenth you have to accept it.

February 11, 2020, 07:01:13 PM
Reply #54

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Was going to post something similar but didnt for fear of being called pedant, this thread would be better called what is the minimum youd expect, like you say, if we finish tenth you have to accept it.

It's actually a very fair point. Of course I did actually mean "expect" despite it not being written literally that way. I adjusted the title anyway for you guys 😉

February 11, 2020, 07:08:24 PM
Reply #55

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's actually a very fair point. Of course I did actually mean "expect" despite it not being written literally that way. I adjusted the title anyway for you guys 😉

Youre excused bud, after all, the Queens English is not your first language  :snigger:

February 11, 2020, 07:26:31 PM
Reply #56

Evertonian in NC

Aspiration should not be confused for expectation.

Ancelotti still hasn't brought in any players yet, and we have one of the worst CM combinations in the Prem.  It's all a bonus.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

February 12, 2020, 11:46:59 AM
Reply #57

Fynci

As one of the more pessimistic posters I think well finish 9th, 8th at a push. Our run in is pretty horrible, and I can see our confidence taking a knock.

February 12, 2020, 07:52:25 PM
Reply #58

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
As one of the more pessimistic posters I think well finish 9th, 8th at a push. Our run in is pretty horrible, and I can see our confidence taking a knock.

That'll actually be a great barometer for how well Ancelotti's attitude has taken root; how we respond to the first hints of sustained adversity. Because there's definitely some ahead. Rise above, or fold? Let's just start by smashing our 20+ year run of failure at Emirates & Highbury.

February 12, 2020, 10:27:51 PM
Reply #59

kerryblue boy

If we finish in European places it will be some achievement by Carlo considering we bought no one and he is getting a tune out of players we had written off

Silva was some joker